Author Topic: Trump supporters organized the Capitol riot online  (Read 8388 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump supporters organized the Capitol riot online
« on: January 09, 2021, 02:55:49 pm »
Trump supporters organized the Capitol riot online
By Rebecca Klar - 01/09/21 06:21 AM EST

Supporters of President Trump mused openly on social media about the possibility of violence in the days leading up to the riot at the Capitol, using various mainstream and conservative-leaning sites to organize.

As tech platforms crack down on Trump in the wake of the attack, experts say increasingly popular right-wing sites could pose an even greater danger down the road as conspiracy theories breed real-life crises.

“Jan. 6 is an inflection point for how the United States and the world views conspiracy theories, and how conspiracy theories, ranging from election fraud and ‘Stop the Steal,’ can lead to real-world harm in a way that a lot of people never really kind of believed,” Jason Blazakis, director of the Center on Terrorism, Extremism and Counterterrorism at the Middlebury Institute, told The Hill.

“I think now, after seeing that happen on the 6th of January, I think this chapter of the book related to conspiracy theories has been written. And it is a national security threat,” he added.

Posts on websites including Parler, a Twitter-like platform with minimal content moderation, and TheDonald.win, a message forum that sprung up after Reddit banned a “subreddit” of the same name in June, were rife with posts about storming the Capitol in the days leading up to the deadly riot that prompted a lockdown and forced lawmakers to evacuate.

But posts on mainstream platforms, including Twitter, also mused about a potential attack coinciding with the day Congress was set to affirm President-elect Joe Biden’s win, according to a report from Advance Democracy, a non-partisan, non-profit organization that conducts public-interest research & investigations.

For five days leading up to the riot, when a mob forced its way into the Capitol, there were 1,480 posts on Twitter from QAnon-related accounts about the Jan. 6 date that contained “terms of violence,” according to the Advance Democracy report.

One account related to the QAnon conspiracy theory late Tuesday night tweeted, “WE are all done being the bigger person, no more MR. NICE PATRIOT! it’s Time for Patriots to Rise up, Kick The Tires and Light the Fires, and Kick Ass and Take Names!!,” according to the report.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/533450-trump-supporters-organized-the-capitol-riot-online
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump supporters organized the Capitol riot online
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 03:01:29 pm »
Ergo they must be banned.

The Hill's little contribution to the ongoing crackdown on dissent.

Offline Benjamin

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 03:30:46 pm »
 This could have all been avoided by a simple vote audit conducted immediately, fairly and openly. If voter fraud is just a nut job conspiracy theory, the left had nothing to fear. And the biden presidency would not be *the biden presidency.

I’m heart broken and sickened over all this happening in America. Never did I think I would see this in my life. Thank GOD I am at the end of life. I knew it would come , but I believed I would be long in the grave. Yet here we are , one side controlling information and the narrative, and using that power to silence opposing views . With half of America embracing it
“When I die, I want the kingdom of darkness to rejoice because I am off the spiritual battlefield.”

Voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that......

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 03:44:37 pm »
This could have all been avoided by a simple vote audit conducted immediately, fairly and openly. If voter fraud is just a nut job conspiracy theory, the left had nothing to fear. And the biden presidency would not be *the biden presidency.

I’m heart broken and sickened over all this happening in America. Never did I think I would see this in my life. Thank GOD I am at the end of life. I knew it would come , but I believed I would be long in the grave. Yet here we are , one side controlling information and the narrative, and using that power to silence opposing views . With half of America embracing it

Welcome to TBR.. @Benjamin

Heartbroken and disillusioned is a good description on how I feel.

I too never thought I would live to see this..I just hope I live long enough to see it corrected.

One thing about the Rats is that they always over-step..in this case they are trying to do everything at once instead of slowly implementing their ideas...I just don't think the American people will stand for this..a $2k bribe won't work.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:46:22 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 03:48:38 pm »

Welcome. Very well said, all that needed be done to avoid all of this was a fair assessment of the election.

But the left isn't about fair. It is some small consolation to know things seldom worked out well for despots.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:49:28 pm by skeeter »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 03:51:28 pm »
Why isn't this a mostly peaceful protest, in the context of the BLM riots over the summer?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 06:30:29 pm »
Anti fanatics posturing as Trumpers testify to the cameras that Trumpers were violent.  Meanwhile later antifi laughs its azzes off as to how clueless the clueless really are and made a clean get away, and resort to getting on the media to swear it was Trumpers/Trump.  Willing fools are no longer difficult accumulate to eat their own.  Blind stooges are so easy to come by/fool nowadays.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

BassWrangler

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 07:23:48 pm »
Welcome to TBR.. @Benjamin

Heartbroken and disillusioned is a good description on how I feel.

I too never thought I would live to see this..I just hope I live long enough to see it corrected.

One thing about the Rats is that they always over-step..in this case they are trying to do everything at once instead of slowly implementing their ideas...I just don't think the American people will stand for this..a $2k bribe won't work.

I feel the same way. Regarding the over step, do we still have the means to correct this? They have a lock on the schools, traditional media, social media, and the election process. What avenue do we have to correct this (aside from the obvious one, which I won't mention)?

BassWrangler

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 07:24:35 pm »
Why isn't this a mostly peaceful protest, in the context of the BLM riots over the summer?

Doesn't fit the narrative.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 07:44:04 pm »
I feel the same way. Regarding the over step, do we still have the means to correct this? They have a lock on the schools, traditional media, social media, and the election process. What avenue do we have to correct this (aside from the obvious one, which I won't mention)?

Stop supporting it in any and every context. And most of all stop voting in FEAR. Of all the conservative virtues, I think the one to dial in on here is fiscal. REAL fiscal conservatism and absolutely nothing else. the only way out is to starve the beast till it is weak enough to put back in it's constitutionally lined box. and that means STOP THE MONEY. There is no power without purse.

That dries up all the grants for stupid crap. That dries up foreign aid to enemies. all the gladhanding gets tight and goes away...

So any SOB that calls himself a conservative had better sure enough come with a balanced budget and a way to reduce government spending (not tax cuts) significantly. I mean in the nature of 10%  with each swing of the budgetary hammer. Or that SOB is not a conservative and he should not get your vote.

Or war. You decide.  :shrug: :whistle:

BassWrangler

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 07:53:57 pm »
Stop supporting it in any and every context. And most of all stop voting in FEAR. Of all the conservative virtues, I think the one to dial in on here is fiscal. REAL fiscal conservatism and absolutely nothing else. the only way out is to starve the beast till it is weak enough to put back in it's constitutionally lined box. and that means STOP THE MONEY. There is no power without purse.

That dries up all the grants for stupid crap. That dries up foreign aid to enemies. all the gladhanding gets tight and goes away...

So any SOB that calls himself a conservative had better sure enough come with a balanced budget and a way to reduce government spending (not tax cuts) significantly. I mean in the nature of 10%  with each swing of the budgetary hammer. Or that SOB is not a conservative and he should not get your vote.

Or war. You decide.  :shrug: :whistle:

How are we going to pass a balanced budget if we can't win elections?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 08:10:07 pm »
How are we going to pass a balanced budget if we can't win elections?

Watch what happens when Conservatism is actually tried. Have some TEA. That was the right way all the way along. And not only would you win, you would get law instead of silly candy tossed by the clown at the front of the parade.

It HAS to be from the ground up, just like TEA. The states have to be bolstered first and foremost, because they are the defense against a runaway fed. you need fiscally minded state legislatures.

And you get nothing at the fed with the likes of Turtle and Grahamnesty anyway so your whole point is moot. Throw all the bastards out and with the new batch hold their feet IN the dang fire till they produce results. It is all y'all being satisfied by baubles that is the central problem. Expect nothing, get nothing. Demand everything, get everything.

Look at how the dems do it. They serve their base. They bow to it. Why don't republicans? Because they know y'all are like beaten housewives. Y'all ain't gonna go off the reservation anymore than the blacks will. I KNOW. I am off the reservation all the way, and look at the shit I take here.

Y'all got to mean it. Y'all gotta quit voting in fear of the other side and mind what your side is doing. Your focus is on things you cannot change instead of the things you COULD change... That don't mean voting the Democrats out. That means tearing the levers of power away from the Republican moderates and get actual CONSERVATIVES in there. And don't be satisfied with anything less. If you are getting less, DON'T damnwell vote for it. Because if 'less' wins you'll get more 'less'. That is how this works.

BassWrangler

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 11:32:16 pm »
Watch what happens when Conservatism is actually tried. Have some TEA. That was the right way all the way along. And not only would you win, you would get law instead of silly candy tossed by the clown at the front of the parade.

It HAS to be from the ground up, just like TEA. The states have to be bolstered first and foremost, because they are the defense against a runaway fed. you need fiscally minded state legislatures.

And you get nothing at the fed with the likes of Turtle and Grahamnesty anyway so your whole point is moot. Throw all the bastards out and with the new batch hold their feet IN the dang fire till they produce results. It is all y'all being satisfied by baubles that is the central problem. Expect nothing, get nothing. Demand everything, get everything.

Look at how the dems do it. They serve their base. They bow to it. Why don't republicans? Because they know y'all are like beaten housewives. Y'all ain't gonna go off the reservation anymore than the blacks will. I KNOW. I am off the reservation all the way, and look at the shit I take here.

Y'all got to mean it. Y'all gotta quit voting in fear of the other side and mind what your side is doing. Your focus is on things you cannot change instead of the things you COULD change... That don't mean voting the Democrats out. That means tearing the levers of power away from the Republican moderates and get actual CONSERVATIVES in there. And don't be satisfied with anything less. If you are getting less, DON'T damnwell vote for it. Because if 'less' wins you'll get more 'less'. That is how this works.

I don't see us winning national elections again in my lifetime. But I do agree with your point about working at the state level. I think we need to shore up state legislatures and executive branch positions in states that are solidly conservative. If states can thumb their nose at federal marijuana laws, they can do so for 2nd amendment infringement and other federal over reach.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 02:58:40 am »
Soros told us years ago he owns the democrat party and intended to own the United States.  Far too many people want to believe the liars and deceivers who are lavishly funded with millions/billions.  People are also willing to be blind to wolves in sheeps clothing.  Not long ago the pastor of the Church said he was receiving homos into the church to counsel them. As homosexuality is abomination and severely rejected in scripture, counseling did NOT belong in the church.  Else where, fine.  The pastor also dearly loved counterfeit christian stories, glorifies in book and movies.  Counterfeiting Christianity/God is Satan's work.  Wake up people !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:59:46 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 03:13:08 am »
I don't see us winning national elections again in my lifetime. But I do agree with your point about working at the state level. I think we need to shore up state legislatures and executive branch positions in states that are solidly conservative. If states can thumb their nose at federal marijuana laws, they can do so for 2nd amendment infringement and other federal over reach.

I think it will overturn again. 4 years of whacko lib will turn it back around. Folks want opposition. It ain't happening. Republicans receive a lot. they just never ever run the ball. Next time around folks gotta do it different. And like i said, fiscal matters should be primary. Everybody knows somebody has to cut up the credit cards.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 11:32:25 pm »
Posts on websites including Parler, a Twitter-like platform with minimal content moderation, and TheDonald.win, a message forum that sprung up after Reddit banned a “subreddit” of the same name in June, were rife with posts about storming the Capitol in the days leading up to the deadly riot that prompted a lockdown and forced lawmakers to evacuate.

But posts on mainstream platforms, including Twitter, also mused about a potential attack coinciding with the day Congress was set to affirm President-elect Joe Biden’s win, according to a report from Advance Democracy, a non-partisan, non-profit organization that conducts public-interest research & investigations.
I have accounts at Twitter and Parler. I don't recall visiting Parler in the days leading up to the protest on Jan. 6, but was on Twitter very much, following many well-known conservative voices like Jack Posobiec, Jesse Kelly, Matt Walsh, Kurt Schlichter, etc.

Speaking only for myself, of course, I saw absolutely no one there who "mused about a potential attack." If anything, they expressed concern that the Trump fans at the rally would be attacked by the usual suspects, i.e., Antifa/BLM. No one said a word like, "Hey, let's storm the Capitol building while we're there and bash some cops over the head."

I saw no one organizing anything on Twitter, in other words, contrary to what this article says.

As for thedonald.win, I've absolutely never visited it. However, when I clear cookies from the laptop used as my main computer (it's set up as a desktop, with screen and keyboard), that website has popped up on the list. So some site I actually visited dropped thedonald.win's cookies on my 'puter. Can't imagine which one. Pardon my low-tech terminology.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

BassWrangler

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 11:44:22 pm »
I think it will overturn again. 4 years of whacko lib will turn it back around. Folks want opposition. It ain't happening. Republicans receive a lot. they just never ever run the ball. Next time around folks gotta do it different. And like i said, fiscal matters should be primary. Everybody knows somebody has to cut up the credit cards.

The Dems, Big Tech, and the MSM have now a total lock on mass communication. i just watched the CEO of Parler on Maria Bartiromo’s show. Amazon shut them down and gave them 24 hours notice to find an alternative and migrate their data. This is an impossibility. He said they are not able to find anyone that will take them - they are all scared or in on the plan. Their email provider also dumped them. Even their law firm dumped them. This isn’t an accident; this is being coordinated by the Democrats so that they can eliminate conservatives ability to communicate and organize.

Given that, how in the world do you expect Republicans to organize reach out to voters?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 11:48:21 pm »
The Dems, Big Tech, and the MSM have now a total lock on mass communication. i just watched the CEO of Parler on Maria Bartiromo’s show. Amazon shut them down and gave them 24 hours notice to find an alternative and migrate their data. This is an impossibility. He said they are not able to find anyone that will take them - they are all scared or in on the plan. Their email provider also dumped them. Even their law firm dumped them. This isn’t an accident; this is being coordinated by the Democrats so that they can eliminate conservatives ability to communicate and organize.

Given that, how in the world do you expect Republicans to organize reach out to voters?

I heard that interview. Big Tech's rush to silence all opposition together with the rats desperate desire to force Trump out ASAP even though he's got only 10 days left makes me wonder if there's not another chapter left in this sordid saga. In spite of myself.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 12:06:16 am »
I heard that interview. Big Tech's rush to silence all opposition together with the rats desperate desire to force Trump out ASAP even though he's got only 10 days left makes me wonder if there's not another chapter left in this sordid saga. In spite of myself.

Makes you wonder, indeed.   A lot of things are making me wonder.   

Like, for instance....

is this for real....?

https://goldenageofgaia.com/2021/01/10/simon-parkes-the-insurrection-act-was-signed-last-night/
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 12:08:57 am »

Like, for instance....

is this for real....?

https://goldenageofgaia.com/2021/01/10/simon-parkes-the-insurrection-act-was-signed-last-night/
Dunno if its real or not. But if it weren't for the behavior of the rats and their cabal I wouldn't bother listening to this stuff.

Offline XenaLee

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:55 am »
Dunno if its real or not. But if it weren't for the behavior of the rats and their cabal I wouldn't bother listening to this stuff.

They are terrified of something, obviously.   

Offline thackney

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 12:39:56 am »

Like, for instance....

is this for real....?

From that link:

...sad to hear Simon say the Pope is implicated in pedophilia, etc. Sadder still to hear him say the Pope has been removed...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline XenaLee

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 12:42:36 am »
From that link:

Which I find hard to believe.   I mean.... the Commie Pope is all but untouchable by now.   The Globalists just luv him. :shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 12:42:43 am »
From that link:

Yeah that doesn't do wonders for the site's credibility.

There are others reporting on Italian defense contractor and Pakistani election interference, etc. though. As I said, I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the rats insane behavior.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:44:19 am by skeeter »

BassWrangler

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 01:19:16 am »

yes, I wonder about that too. Dan Bongino dropped a hint yesterday about their being another chapter to the Hunter Biden scandal that was even more disturbing than what we’ve seen already. I wonder if that’s it.