Author Topic: Trump's 2024 dreams destroyed by Capitol attack, say advisers  (Read 2866 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's 2024 dreams destroyed by Capitol attack, say advisers
« on: January 09, 2021, 02:51:09 pm »
Trump's 2024 dreams destroyed by Capitol attack, say advisers
by Rob Crilly, White House Correspondent |
 | January 09, 2021 06:30 AM

President Trump’s exit strategy was clear: Cast doubt on the election result before retiring to his Florida estate to embark on a new chapter as Republican power broker and media star while teasing a triumphant return to office in 2024.

But the violent attack on the United States Capitol and Trump’s role in denying Joe Biden’s election victory have destroyed his chances of running for president again, according to Trumpworld insiders.

The ugly scenes have already had an impact on fundraising. The Trump campaign has not issued an email appeal for cash since 1 p.m. on Wednesday, shortly before the president’s supporters battered their way inside the Capitol building.

“2024 was always a long shot. Now, he’s toast,” said a former campaign adviser.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/politics/donald-trump-2024-slipping-away
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Trump's 2024 dreams destroyed by Capitol attack, say advisers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 03:52:51 pm »
Sounds like they've got him this time.
Let it burn.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 12:14:35 am »
Trump hat, 2024:
FIGHT ON !!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 12:17:10 am »
Sounds like they've got him this time.

Sounds like they planned the whole thing out with the intent of destroying his 2024 chances.  The Dems are certainly afraid of Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 12:21:01 am »
Sounds like they planned the whole thing out with the intent of destroying his 2024 chances.  The Dems are certainly afraid of Donald Trump.

Somebody's afraid of him, for sure. They are going to extraordinary lengths to try to get rid of him.
Let it burn.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 12:21:30 am »

Stop whining and make lemons out of lemonade.   A pro-American agenda under new, saner leadership. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 12:22:58 am »
Stop whining and make lemons out of lemonade.   A pro-American agenda under new, saner leadership.
It'd be nice, but let's face it: how is that message going to be disseminated when all the methods of communication are controlled by the left?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 12:30:03 am »
It'd be nice, but let's face it: how is that message going to be disseminated when all the methods of communication are controlled by the left?

I am not proposing a strategy that requires Democratic consent.   Trumpsters are screaming at their natural allies.   I am proposing that folks divorce the man from the movement as the best way to save it.   

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 12:30:17 am »

Exactly. 

As far as saner leadership?  Last time I checked our SANE President stood for American exceptionalism, American values, American pride, American's first and Keeping America Great.  Anyone that sees that as insane, quite frankly has a screw or two loose.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 12:33:43 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 12:43:08 am »
I am not proposing a strategy that requires Democratic consent.   Trumpsters are screaming at their natural allies.   I am proposing that folks divorce the man from the movement as the best way to save it.

You just don't get it at all.  Trump isn't the movement the PEOPLE are the movement! President Trump is/was the voice of the people. He stood up against the RINO and Democrat scum and revealed the DC cesspool.

President Trump was never the problem, the DC swamp, the corrupt DOJ, the deception and the game of smoke and mirrors on both sides of the aisle have been and still are the problem!

For crying out loud I was never an avid Trump supporter, but I am standing up for what right he has done. You have to be dumb or blind or both not to see what has happened.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 12:48:17 am »
@Jazzhead

You are thinking logically - build on the good and make it bigger and better.  That is Republicanism.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 01:13:49 am »
@Jazzhead

You are thinking logically - build on the good and make it bigger and better.  That is Republicanism.

Thanks  @Victoria33 .     

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 01:17:15 am »
You just don't get it at all.  Trump isn't the movement the PEOPLE are the movement! President Trump is/was the voice of the people. He stood up against the RINO and Democrat scum and revealed the DC cesspool.

President Trump was never the problem, the DC swamp, the corrupt DOJ, the deception and the game of smoke and mirrors on both sides of the aisle have been and still are the problem!

For crying out loud I was never an avid Trump supporter, but I am standing up for what right he has done. You have to be dumb or blind or both not to see what has happened.

I am not standing against the right he has done,  @libertybele .  I am realistic enough to realize the man is toast.   Whether his movement will survive will require some sort of reconciliation among Republicans. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 01:37:53 am »
I get that... but let's face it: so much of the movement IS the man that I'm not sure that's possible.

A candidate running on the MAGA agenda would still need to be insanely rich and famous, like Trump, to gain the kind of traction Trump did—and wealth and fame are not exactly correlated with sanity. Trump won because 1) the base honestly believed that a guy they recognized as rich, famous and powerful actually cared about the issues they've been begging about for years but every politician in power has ignored or discounted; and 2) everyone they don't like or trust hates him, so he can't be all that bad, right?

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 01:42:27 am »
I am not standing against the right he has done,  @libertybele .  I am realistic enough to realize the man is toast.   Whether his movement will survive will require some sort of reconciliation among Republicans.

I don't ever recall Trump saying anything about running in 2024.  He'll be 78 for heavens sake and he doesn't need the headaches.   Trump ever running in 2024 I think is wishful thinking by some of his supporters, nothing more.  Also -- read again what I stated -- the movement is the PEOPLE not Trump.

The GOP is dead.  Thinking that somehow that we'll be voting for any GOP politician and that they would get seated is a dream.  It's not going to happen.  I will NEVER vote for a Republican anyways.

I could care less about the Republicans. I care above Conservatism and above all we need to figure out how to save this country. 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 02:05:29 am »
Jazzy:

christian:
How generous for you to give blanche check approval, of Biden.  One of the best announcements of a fools endeavors i ever heard.  You advice of Trump seems to always pretend you have no ulterior motives.  You motives always lean towards hate Trump, and Trump should do what is worst for him.  Obviously you are far more transparent than you realize.  Trump can make great decisions, doing the opposite of whatever your advice is.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:06:38 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 02:10:10 am »
I never believed he was interested in 2024. Fake news?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 03:53:03 am »
I am proposing that folks divorce the man from the movement as the best way to save it.

I am proposing that people stop telling lies about Trump and address the election fraud instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 04:06:47 am »
I am proposing that people stop telling lies about Trump and address the election fraud instead.
Imagine if they would set aside their Trump hate long enough to get on board with the election fraud stuff. We might generate enough heat to finally address the long-standing rat tradition of voter fraud every election. Who knows, we might even end up with voter ID.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 04:09:55 am »

You should accept this one fact: In 2024 the conservative candidate for President will either be Donald Trump, or it will be someone he has endorsed to run on the issues he has championed. If he does not run, my guess is that he will act strongly in support of a man like Ted Cruz...but that's just a guess. Anyone who has been a NeverTrumper, Lincoln Republican or who has close ties to the Bush/Romney wing need not apply. I don't know if President Trump will choose to run in 2024, though I suspect he will.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 04:10:56 am »
I never believed he was interested in 2024. Fake news?
Nah, I think he is. Remember, he once tweeted this:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 04:13:44 am »
Imagine if they would set aside their Trump hate long enough to get on board with the election fraud stuff.

Sadly, they are all on board with the election fraud since it helped get rid of Trump, which to them is more important than beating the Democrats.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 05:21:35 am »
I've supported Trump during this ordeal, but hopefully he will take a nice retirement, and let a younger voice with a similar message carry the banner.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 05:46:11 am »
I get that... but let's face it: so much of the movement IS the man that I'm not sure that's possible.

A candidate running on the MAGA agenda would still need to be insanely rich and famous, like Trump, to gain the kind of traction Trump did—and wealth and fame are not exactly correlated with sanity. Trump won because 1) the base honestly believed that a guy they recognized as rich, famous and powerful actually cared about the issues they've been begging about for years but every politician in power has ignored or discounted; and 2) everyone they don't like or trust hates him, so he can't be all that bad, right?
:bingo: pointing-up

This is also why I am laughing at Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley beclowning themselves trying to jockey for position to grab the torch of the movement. There is no "next in line" because there is no one else on the planet who can pull off being Trump other than Trump.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 11:21:57 am »
Trump's 2024 dreams destroyed by Capitol attack, say advisers[/quote

You would think out of a whole crowd of "advisors" that SOME of them would have names,wouldn't you?

If there is anyone on TBR that voted for Trump in 2020 who would refuse to ever vote for him again,would you please  identify yourself?

I have been voting in Presidential elections since the early 60's,and the only Presidential candidate I can think of that would rate up there with Trump when it comes to "Would you vote for him again?" would be Barry Goldwater.

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,if cloning ever becomes possible,PLEASE put Barry Goldwater at the top of the list!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!