Author Topic: Space Force Leader to Become 8th Member of Joint Chiefs  (Read 180 times)

rangerrebew

Space Force Leader to Become 8th Member of Joint Chiefs
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:43:26 am »
 Space Force Leader to Become 8th Member of Joint Chiefs
Dec. 18, 2020 | BY Jim Garamone , DOD News

The Joint Chiefs of Staff will grow by one member when Space Force Gen. John "Jay" Raymond joins the highest-ranking military, deliberative body in the Defense Department on Dec. 20.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley inducted Raymond, the chief of space operations, into the Joint Chiefs of Staff at a ceremony on Dec. 11. He becomes an official member of the body on the same day the Space Force celebrates its first anniversary as an official service branch.

The law stated that the chief of space operations would become a member of the Joint Chiefs a year after it was signed. "But under your leadership and under [the] leadership [of] the vice chairman, you said 'We're not going to wait!,' and you've treated me like a member ever since [the law was signed]," Raymond said during the ceremony at the Pentagon. "I can't thank you enough. I can't thank my teammates enough. It's a real privilege to sit at this table."

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Article/Article/2450698/space-force-leader-to-become-8th-member-of-joint-chiefs/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Space Force Leader to Become 8th Member of Joint Chiefs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:21:59 pm »
Sounds ridiculous to me.
A member of the Joint Chiefs commanding little more than what appears to be a "force made out of paper"...