Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2021  (Read 48482 times)

Offline corbe

Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2021
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2021, 03:33:01 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2021, 03:47:31 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2021, 03:48:20 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2021, 03:54:16 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2021, 03:55:15 am »

Is golf racist? (most of the balls are white)

asking for a friend...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2021, 03:57:56 am »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2021, 03:58:23 am »
Racist AND sexist.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2021, 04:13:31 am »
Racist AND sexist.
IDK, Women can have putters, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2021, 04:13:48 am »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2021, 05:43:39 am »

Dated a small petite woman once, 30+.
Her idea of sexy was to go into 'little girl' mode.
I went with it. It was ... different. But it kind of creeped me out.
Wasn't sure how to react. Made me feel like a pedophile.
But yes indeed, when she got pissed, she got super-duper pissed.
Way out of proportion for the situation.

Same with small people in general of either sex.
Some kind of defense mechanism.
When they get pissed, they tend to overreact.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2021, 04:25:39 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2021, 04:50:03 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2021, 04:55:21 pm »

Um. I’m five feet tall and as my best friend here always said “The best things in life come in small packages”

@corbe

P.S. chipmunks are so cute imho.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline corbe

« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2021, 05:12:54 pm »

@corbe

Well,yeah,in times past. The good news was I always knew what to do about it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:37:11 am by sneakypete »

Offline corbe

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2021, 05:13:52 pm »
    Good Morning @Gefn hope that you have a lovely weekend.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2021, 05:40:30 pm »
    Good Morning @Gefn hope that you have a lovely weekend.

I’m leaving now to have brunch with my mom @corbe.
The sun is out, it’s in the 50s, it’s a beautiful day.

I hope you have one too. ❤️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2021, 11:38:36 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2021, 12:19:33 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2021, 02:46:25 am »

I see Bernie,but who is the fat guy with him?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:38:52 am by sneakypete »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2021, 02:02:43 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2021, 12:53:32 am »
A Politician Dies And Has To Spend Just ONE Day In hell.

A politician dies and ends up standing in front of the pearly gates. Saint Peter looks at him for a second, flicks through his book, and finds his name.

"So, you're a politician..."
"Well, yes, is that a problem?"

"Oh no, no problem. But we've recently adopted a new system for people in your line of work, and unfortunately you will have to spend a day in hell. After that however, you're free to choose where you want to spend eternity!"

"Wait, I have to spend a day in hell?!" says the politician. "Those are the rules," replies St Peter, clicking his fingers and, WOOMPH, the guy disappears.

He awakens, curled up with his hands over his eyes, knowing he's in hell. Cautiously, he listens for the screams, sniffs the air for brimstone, and finds... Nothing. Just the smell of, is that fabric softener? And cut grass?  This can't be right.

"Open your eyes!" says a voice. "C'mon, wakey wakey, we've only got 24 hours!" Nervously, he uncovers his eyes, looks around, and sees he's in a hotel room. A nice one too. Wait, this is a penthouse suite.  And there's a smiling man in a suit, holding a martini. "Who are you??" the politician asks.

"Well, I'm satan!" says the man, handing him the drink and helping him to his feet. "Welcome to hell!"   "Wait, this is hell? But... Where's all the pain and suffering?" he asks.

satan throws him a wink. "Oh, we've been a bit misrepresented over the years, it's a long story. Anyway, this is your room! The minibar is of course free, as is the room service, there's extra towels next to the hot-tub, and if you need anything, just call reception. But enough of this! It's a beautiful day, and if you'd care to look outside."

Slightly stunned by the opulent surroundings, the man wanders over to the floor-to-ceiling windows through which the sun is glowing, looks far down, and sees a group of people cheering and waving at him from a golf course.  "It's one of 5 pro-level courses on site, and there's another 6 just a few minutes drive out past the beach and harbor!" says satan, answering his unasked question.

So they head down in the lift, walk out through the glittering lobby where everyone waves and welcomes the man, as satan signs autographs and cheerily talks shop with the laughing staff. And as he walks out, he sees the group on the golf course are made up of every one of his old friends, people he's admired for years but never met or worked with, and people whose work he's admired but died long before his career started. 

And out of the middle of this group walks his wife, with a massive smile and the body she had when she was 20, who throws her arms around him and plants a delicate kiss on his cheek. Everyone cheers and applauds, and as they slap him on the back and trade jokes, his worst enemy arrives, as a 2 foot tall goblin-esque caddy. He spends the day in the bright sunshine on the course, having the time of his life laughing at jokes and carrying on important discussions, putting the world to rights with his friends while holding his delighted wife next to him as she gazes lovingly at him.

Later, they return to the hotel for dinner and have an enormous meal, perfectly cooked. As everyone is falling about laughing and flinging bread sticks at each other, his wife whispers in his ear.  And they return to their penthouse suite, and spend the rest of the night making love like they did on their honeymoon. After hours of passion, the man falls deep into the 100% Egyptian cotton pillows, and falls into a happy sleep.

He is woken up by St Peter.

"So, that was hell. Wasn't what you were expecting, I bet?"   "No sir!" says the man. "So then," says St Peter. "You can make your choice. It's hell, which you saw, or Heaven, which has choral singing, talking to God, white robes, and so on."

"Well... I know this sounds strange, but on balance, I think I'd prefer hell," says the politician. "Not a problem, we totally understand! Enjoy!" says St Peter and clicks his fingers again.

The man wakes up in total darkness, the stench of ammonia filling the air and distant screams the only noise. As he adjusts, he can see the only light is from belches of flame far away, illuminating the ragged remains of people being tortured or burning in a sulfurous ocean. A sudden bolt of lightning reveals Satan next to him, wearing the same suit as before and grinning, holding a soldering iron in one hand and a coil of razor-wire in the other.

"What's this??", he cries. "Where's the hotel?? Where's my wife??? Where's the minibar, the golf-courses, the pool, the restaurant, the free drinks and the sunshine???"

"Ah", says satan.

"You see, yesterday, we were campaigning.

"But today, you voted."

Offline corbe

« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2021, 10:07:39 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2021, 02:35:32 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2021, 02:40:24 pm »
22222frying pan

Some things can not be "unseen"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2021, 02:53:19 pm »