Author Topic: Many healthcare workers refuse to take vaccine  (Read 579 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Many healthcare workers refuse to take vaccine
« on: January 04, 2021, 03:49:48 pm »
Ice Age Now 1/3/2021

L.A. Times notes that 20-40% of L.A. County hospital health workers have declined the vaccine. In other areas it’s as high as 50%.

The headline in the L.A. Times says that “some” healthcare workers refuse to take the vaccine, but the ensuing article says that 20-40% of L.A. County hospital health workers have declined the vaccine. In other areas it’s as high as 50%.

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.

So many frontline workers in Riverside County have refused the vaccine — an estimated 50% — that hospital and public officials met to strategize how best to distribute the unused doses, Public Health Director Kim Saruwatari said.

More: https://www.iceagenow.info/many-healthcare-workers-refuse-to-take-vaccine/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Many healthcare workers refuse to take vaccine
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:54:15 pm »
A vaccination?  What could go wrong?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 03:55:39 pm »
Large Numbers Of Health Care And Frontline Workers Are Refusing Covid-19 Vaccinehttps://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/01/02/large-numbers-of-health-care-and-frontline-workers-are-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/?sh=22f9f74c3c96
 Jan 3, 2021

Earlier this week, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said he was "troubled" by the relatively low numbers of nursing home workers who have elected to take the vaccine, with DeWine stating that approximately 60% of nursing home staff declined the shot.

Dr. Joseph Varon, chief of critical care at Houston's United Memorial Medical Center, told NPR in December more than half of the nurses in his unit informed him they would not get the vaccine.

Roughly 55 percent of surveyed New York Fire Department firefighters said they would not get the coronavirus vaccine, the Firefighters Association president said last month.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 05:41:06 pm »
My daughter got the Covid Vaccination this morning.  She is an elementary school teacher.  The teachers that interact with the youngest that do not have to wear masks were put at the front of the teachers group.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 06:04:30 pm »
My daughter got the Covid Vaccination this morning.  She is an elementary school teacher.  The teachers that interact with the youngest that do not have to wear masks were put at the front of the teachers group.
I called our 2 of our local pharmacies this morning and got my mom (90) and me on the list for the vaccine.  I think we are #325 in line.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 06:10:35 pm »
I called our 2 of our local pharmacies this morning and got my mom (90) and me on the list for the vaccine.  I think we are #325 in line.

325.  That is a really good Lotto number.  If it was for the draft in 1969.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 10:49:10 pm »
Darla Shine  @DarlaShine
Jan 10
So this nursing home didn't have a COVID outbreak until they vaccinated everyone. Now they have 24 deaths.
11:45 AM · Jan 10, 2021·
Covid-19 outbreak at Auburn nursing home infects 137 residents, kills 24
Updated Jan 09, 2021; Posted Jan 09, 2021

By James T. Mulder | jmulder@syracuse.com

Auburn, N.Y. – A Covid-19 outbreak at a Cayuga County nursing home that began two weeks ago has infected 137 residents, 24 of whom have died.

The outbreak at The Commons on St. Anthony in Auburn started Dec. 21 as a wave of post-Thanksgiving Covid-19 cases began hitting the county, said Julie Sheedy, an official of Loretto which operates the 300-bed nursing home.

Forty-seven employees have tested positive. ...

The nursing home began vaccinating residents Dec. 22. So far 193 residents, or 80%, and 113 employees, or less than half the staff, have been vaccinated. The nursing home plans to do more vaccinations Jan. 12. ...
Syracuse.com

Really? They know the outbreak started just a few hours before (thank goodness!) they started vaccinating.  That's amazing! :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 11:23:23 pm »
New York's track record on Covid is abysmal.  And to think that Gov. Cuomo actually wrote a book about himself explaining what a great job he had done.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 11:28:25 pm »
New York's track record on Covid is abysmal.  And to think that Gov. Cuomo actually wrote a book about himself explaining what a great job he had done.
Twice as many deaths per capita as much- (and unjustly) maligned South Dakota.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 02:38:52 am »
The Mob could have done a better job than Guido.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.