Author Topic: Cruz leads additional GOP Senators in objecting to the EV count  (Read 2352 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Cruz leads additional GOP Senators in objecting to the EV count
« on: January 02, 2021, 05:32:06 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-senators-cruz-electoral-college-certification-audit

A coalition of GOP senators and senators-elect, led by Sen. Ted Cruz, will object to the Jan. 6 certification of the presidential election results when a joint session of Congress meets next week unless there is an emergency 10-day audit of the results by an electoral commission.

Cruz -- along with Sens. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.; James Lankford, R-Okla.; Steve Daines, R-Mont.; John Kennedy, R-La.; Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., and Mike Braun, R-Ind.; as well as Sens.-elect Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyo.; Roger Marshall, R-Kansas; Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., and Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala. -- say that the election "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud and illegal conduct."

Their effort is separate from one announced by Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., who said this week that he would object to what he said was the failure of some states -- most notably Pennsylvania -- to follow their own election laws.

About a dozen all together it appears.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:44:26 pm by HoustonSam »
James 1:20

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Cruz leads additional GOP Senators in objecting to the EV count
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:51:00 pm »
In 2024, if the Democrats will control Congress, and not one of them will certify election results should they not win the presidency. Just saying.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:51:01 pm »
I was hoping we’d hear from Ted.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 05:52:13 pm »
In 2024, if the Democrats will control Congress, and not one of them will certify election results should they not win the presidency. Just saying.
and we certify the results this time they’ll just cheat again next time.

face it the system is broken, the rats broke it. Our only other alternative is to roll over and accept our overlords.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:56:08 pm by skeeter »

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 05:58:59 pm »

Ds cheat, period.  They always have and they always will.  That doesn't justify Rs ignoring plain fraud and the Constitutional mechanisms to confront it.  If the evidence of fraud we've all seen is inadequate to push the Rs to respond because of the likelihood that Ds will abuse those mechanisms in the future, then the mechanisms themselves should be repealed.

Frustration with a party that refuses to stand up for its constituents is what made Trump the 2016 nominee to begin with; I'm glad to see that some of the Rs seem to have learned that lesson.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 06:12:32 pm »
Impossible.  I keep hearing Ted Cruz is cowering under his desk with the Commie Chinese.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 06:14:45 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-senators-cruz-electoral-college-certification-audit

About a dozen all together it appears.
"Handful of Senators don't pass legislation" (Barry McGuire)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 06:20:05 pm »
IF, BIG IF, by chance they do establish an Electoral Commission in the same model as the past, it would 5 members of the House, 5 Senators and 5 Supreme court Justices.
House = 3 Ds / 2 Rs
Senate= 3 Rs / 2 Ds
SCOTUS= ????? <- the wild card with corrupted Roberts in charge.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 06:23:29 pm »
aka....  (12 vs 38) The RINO line of demarcation.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:24:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 06:23:59 pm »

The Democrats objected to the last three GOP wins.   A little tidbit they never bother mentioning.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 06:25:25 pm »
The Democrats objected to the last three GOP wins.   A little tidbit they never bother mentioning.

And the MSM is on a 24/7 crusade to paint anyone claiming any fraud to be mad......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 06:53:59 pm »
aka....  (12 vs 38) The RINO line of demarcation.

Biden will still be inaugurated; there aren't enough to have the contentious EVs from PA, GA, MI, WI, and AZ DQ'd.  But maybe enough to clarify for the R establishment that if they aren't willing to go down swinging for meaningful elections, then we will no longer require their services.  And they might also dispel the myth that "there's only one man willing to fight."

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 07:47:01 pm »

Do you believe there will be an honest fair election in 2024 for POTUS?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 07:53:08 pm »
Ds cheat, period.  They always have and they always will.  That doesn't justify Rs ignoring plain fraud and the Constitutional mechanisms to confront it.  If the evidence of fraud we've all seen is inadequate to push the Rs to respond because of the likelihood that Ds will abuse those mechanisms in the future, then the mechanisms themselves should be repealed.

Frustration with a party that refuses to stand up for its constituents is what made Trump the 2016 nominee to begin with; I'm glad to see that some of the Rs seem to have learned that lesson.

As is usually the case Cruz proposes a real solution and the establishment Pubs will ignore it. The Pub party will steadily decline after this election is certified. Election fraud will be one factor in the Pub decline, but not the only reason. The other factors will be Rats controlling the court, the Rats adding Rat dominated States, and America First voters not coming out to vote for Pubs.

After all why vote for someone who won't fight for you when it matters. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 08:22:38 pm »
Cruz -- along with Sens. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.; James Lankford, R-Okla.; Steve Daines, R-Mont.; John Kennedy, R-La.; Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., and Mike Braun, R-Ind.; as well as Sens.-elect Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyo.; Roger Marshall, R-Kansas; Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., and Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala. -- say that the election "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud and illegal conduct."

Where are the esteemed senators from Georgia?

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 08:27:01 pm »

Are you saying we should play nice now and give the democrats their steal so they'll play nice with us in 2024?  Seriously?

Edited to add:  @kevindavis

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:09:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 08:31:43 pm »
Are you saying we should play nice now and give the democrats their steal so they'll play nice with us in 2024?  Seriously?

Well-stated @Right_in_Virginia, this succinctly captures the argument.

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 08:44:10 pm »
FTA

"We should follow that precedent. To wit, Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission’s findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed."

If that doesn't happen, the senators intend to vote against certification.

"Accordingly, we intend to vote on January 6 to reject the electors from disputed states as not ‘regularly given’ and ‘lawfully certified’ (the statutory requisite), unless and until that emergency 10-day audit is completed," they said in the statement.

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 08:55:19 pm »
FTA

It's this kind of clear thinking and solid proposals that made me a strong Cruz supporter. He's offering a rational approach to resolving an existential threat to the Republic.

I'm praying that Trump and Cruz can get together after this election is officially stolen and figure out the best path forward. I think they are both smart enough to see that the Republic will be lost after the Rats steal GA. again.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 09:02:13 pm »
Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson

The Right is now pressuring and protesting GOP leadership to defend President Trump.

Mitch McConnell & the GOP establishment have a real revolt to deal with now.

1:26 PM · Jan 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/EmeraldRobinson/status/1345436234123005957

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 09:09:15 pm »
Well-stated @Right_in_Virginia, this succinctly captures the argument.

:beer:  @HoustonSam

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 09:14:23 pm »

IF we allow the left to steal this election and get away with the blatant fraud and corruption it's not going to make a dang bit of difference.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 09:17:18 pm »
Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson

The Right is now pressuring and protesting GOP leadership to defend President Trump.

1:26 PM · Jan 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/EmeraldRobinson/status/1345436234123005957

Gee...where's Rubio??  Where's Graham?  Every dang GOP Senator should be on team Trump!!!

Well, IMHO the revolt that they are going to see in the Senate is nothing compared to the revolt that they're going to see in the streets.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2021, 09:21:26 pm »
It's this kind of clear thinking and solid proposals that made me a strong Cruz supporter. He's offering a rational approach to resolving an existential threat to the Republic.

I'm praying that Trump and Cruz can get together after this election is officially stolen and figure out the best path forward. I think they are both smart enough to see that the Republic will be lost after the Rats steal GA. again.

I would like to think that Cruz and others will have an impact to save this election (doubtful I know).

Since Cruz lost in his bid for the presidency I have always thought that Trump and Cruz would undoubtedly make an unstoppable and unbeatable team.  IF they do decide to ban together, I hope that Trump becomes unleashed and unrestrained ... Cruz I hope so to, but he has two daughters, so, I'm not sure of what's going to happen. 

Would I follow both of them to fight for this country?  Without hesitation!

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2021, 09:37:30 pm »
Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson

No.  Cruz and co are not defending Trump.  Their press release is not about Trump.  They are defending the credibility of American elections.  The R establishment is not going to defend Trump; perhaps they should, but they won't.  They detest him.  If this effort is branded as yet another part of the Trump phenomenon there is no way the R party will unite behind it.

McConnell, Cornyn, and the rest of them must be made to understand that this is about elections, not about Trump; that their constituencies have been harmed by the procedures followed in PA and other states during this election; and if they don't get on board the effort to preserve credible elections they'll be primaried.

They might not be able to win this one, but they damn sure better fight.

If they don't fight this then they're telling us that it's OK for PA to have 200,000 completely fictitious "votes" included in its final tally; that it's OK for GA to send the poll watchers home and then immediately break out additional cases of ballots to continue counting with no oversight; that it's OK for precincts and counties to report 99% of their votes for one candidate during the wee hours of the morning.

By all means the R establishment needs to feel the wrath of the R voters, but that establishment simply will not get behind an attempt to rescue Trump.  It doesn't matter whether they should, they won't.  This cannot be about Trump if it's going to have a chance of uniting significant numbers of R office holders.  It must be about elections.