Author Topic: Trump hotel in DC raises room rates for Biden inauguration  (Read 820 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump hotel in DC raises room rates for Biden inauguration
« on: January 01, 2021, 01:55:01 am »
Trump hotel in DC raises room rates for Biden inauguration
By Cameron Jenkins - 12/31/20 08:51 PM EST

Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., has raised its prices for lodging ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

The hotel's website says a two-night minimum is required for guests visiting around Inauguration Day on Jan. 20. Rates are now $2,225 a night for Jan. 19 and 20, compared with closer to $400 for other days in January.

Other hotels in the area, such as the Hay-Adams hotel and The St. Regis have also raised the rates for their rooms during the inauguration as well. Prices for rooms reached $1,399 and $999 per night respectively.

The rate increases were previously reported by Politico.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/532287-trump-hotel-in-dc-raising-room-rates-for-biden-inauguration-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump hotel in DC raises room rates for Biden inauguration
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 04:16:11 am »
I thought Trump surrendered ownership of the Trump Hotels in his bankruptcy. (Or was that just the Atlantic City resort?)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 03:11:30 pm »
I thought Trump surrendered ownership of the Trump Hotels in his bankruptcy. (Or was that just the Atlantic City resort?)

It sounds like it was a decision by the Managers of the Hotel, not Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 04:32:36 pm »
Riddle me this: what DC hotels haven't jacked up their rates for the Inauguration?   :rolling:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 04:33:49 pm »
I suppose we should be thankful that The Hill didn't bury this any deeper than the third paragraph:

Other hotels in the area, such as the Hay-Adams hotel and The St. Regis have also raised the rates for their rooms during the inauguration as well.

My guess is that this brief rates increase has been done every four years for decades ... possibly more decades than I've been around.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 04:36:34 pm »

???  I may be wrong, but he built other hotels and was out of bankruptcy. Due to conflict of interest, I believe that he turned most of his businesses over to his sons.

As for him raising rates, if he indeed did, good for him.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 04:39:48 pm »
Wow, a hotel raised its rates due to increased demand.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 04:41:12 pm »

88devil

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 09:21:42 pm »
???  I may be wrong, but he built other hotels and was out of bankruptcy. Due to conflict of interest, I believe that he turned most of his businesses over to his sons.

As for him raising rates, if he indeed did, good for him.  :beer:

I read that most of the hotels, etc. that bare his name are not owned by him. He sold his name to them sort of like companies sell their names and endorsements to stadiums. I don't know if this is the case and it's just not important to me to look up...but it could be the case.

And like someone else said...all of the hotels I'm aware of raise rates for special events.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 11:07:52 pm »
Seriously. Now check out room rates in Boston during marathon weekend vs. other times of the year.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 11:22:55 pm »
   He got a hell of a deal on the old DC Post Office.  Ivanka played heavily in it too, if I'm not mistaken.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 11:35:25 pm »
Riddle me this: what DC hotels haven't jacked up their rates for the Inauguration?   :rolling:

For EVERY inauguration...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 03:46:50 am »
rates are not high enough.

And if he wanted to make a statement, he would shut the doors of the hotel for the inauguration.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:17 am »
Seriously. Now check out room rates in Boston during marathon weekend vs. other times of the year.
Sturgis, SD area during Bike Week....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 01:03:10 pm »

I read that most of the hotels, etc. that bare his name are not owned by him. He sold his name to them sort of like companies sell their names and endorsements to stadiums. I don't know if this is the case and it's just not important to me to look up...but it could be the case.

And like someone else said...all of the hotels I'm aware of raise rates for special events.
And that's the point I was trying to make: none of this had anything to do with Trump himself. For The Hill to publish this story reeks of journalistic malpractice, and it's far from the first time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 02:51:58 pm »
And that's the point I was trying to make: none of this had anything to do with Trump himself. For The Hill to publish this story reeks of journalistic malpractice, and it's far from the first time.

On one hand I'm pretty sure that the hotel in WashDC is owned by a Trump corporation. That hotel is the focus of the bogus emoluments lawsuits, and the lawsuits could be quickly dismissed by Trump being able to show he had no ownership interest in that hotel.

On the other hand, the partisanship a journalistic deception is in the headline. The headline suggests that Trump's hotel raised its rates out of political spite; reality is that DC area hotels generally raised their rates, as they do every four years for that time frame in January.

Some journalists lie with false information. Some journalists lie by withholding information. Some journalists lie by withholding context. Some journalists lie by burying information deeper in an article than most of their readers read. The Hill used three of those four tactics.

Behind their polished white-washed facade most MSM journalists are raving lunatics like Keithie (Olbermann).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.