Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2021, 01:33:01 am »
In the end it will be just Jimmy Carter and Keith Richards.

:silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2021, 02:16:35 am »
That's assuming they ever let Betty White die.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2021, 03:36:34 am »
...and cockroaches....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2021, 07:15:17 am »
That's assuming they ever let Betty White die.

@jmyrlefuller

I don't really care if Carter or Keef live or die,but who doesn't like Betty White?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2021, 12:01:49 pm »
You forgot Betty white.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2021, 01:18:59 pm »
You forgot Betty white.

Ah, Betty White. She’ll be 100 next year. (I just looked it up)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2021, 02:57:59 pm »
Mondull wrote the Federal law that enables anonymous malicious false reports of child abuse and protects the false reporters, https://abuse-excuse.com/laws/ . I am not sorry to see him gone, but will be charitable enough to leave it at that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2021, 07:06:27 pm »
Bummer man!. I heard Jim Steinman passed.  The 1st Bat album was one of the greatest. I am glad He and Meat reconciled what ever differences they had before he passed.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2021, 09:56:47 pm »
Bummer man!. I heard Jim Steinman passed.  The 1st Bat album was one of the greatest. I am glad He and Meat reconciled what ever differences they had before he passed.

NOOOOOO!!
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2021, 10:58:13 pm »
There are songwriters, and then there is Jim Steinman.

Most songwriters come up with a few different musical ideas and choose which ones they think will sound the best. Jim Steinman would throw them all into one song and crank up the dynamics and dramatics to their fullest extent.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2021, 11:06:05 am »
Jim Steinman was the first songwriter I totally connected with. It was like he was writing his songs for me. Like he crawled around in my brain, saw who I was and wrote songs from it.

I tried to get tickets for his Broadway show back in 04, but couldn’t, something I will always feel sad about.

Rest In Peace Mr. Steinman and thank you for all your music. I’ll miss you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2021, 02:09:37 am »
R.I.P. Gregory Jacobs aka Shock G of Digital Underground.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2021, 07:52:44 pm »
Steinman put the power in ballad. Rip

I’ll admit I did find the backside of Meat’s Bat album cover a bit disturbing though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:55:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2021, 12:32:27 am »
Bay City Rollers frontman Les McKeown dies at 65.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/23/les-mckeown-obituary

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2021, 01:01:38 am »
“For Crying Out Loud” and “Heaven Can Wait” are both incredible songs.
Ah, my senior year of high school is all wrapped up in that album. Sad to hear that Steinman is gone. Thankful for the music he left behind.

For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2021, 01:05:42 am »
“For Crying Out Loud” and “Heaven Can Wait” are both incredible songs.
Ah, my senior year of high school is all wrapped up in that album. Sad to hear that Steinman is gone. Thankful for the music he left behind.
Lol mine too (that one and Boston's). He used musicians from what were my two favorite bands at the time - The E St Band and Utopia. Loved the sound they made.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:08:33 am by skeeter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2021, 02:07:01 am »
Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell

Pure genius.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2021, 02:27:14 am »
Bay City Rollers frontman Les McKeown dies at 65.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/23/les-mckeown-obituary

I did not know that he was so young.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2021, 12:50:16 pm »
I did not know that he was so young.

S A TUR DAY   Night!

I had that  single. I liked it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2021, 01:05:11 am »
Bob Fass
Icon of 1960s free-form radio dies at 87

Fass was the overnight personality on WBAI, the New York City station of far-left-wing Pacifica Radio. He was essentially given free rein over the time slot during his heyday in the 1960s and used that to experiment with records and to give an outlet to the city's counterculture and folk-rock scene. It was Fass who gave the big breaks to singers such as Bob Dylan, Arlo Guthrie and Jerry Jeff Walker. Abbie Hoffman used the show as a springboard to launch the Youth International Party, or the Yippies, who eventually caused chaos at the 1968 Democratic convention.

Fass remained, on and off, host of his overnight radio show Radio Unnameable even as WBAI increasingly apportioned its schedule to token special interest groups against Fass's vision, and through countless waves of Pacifica's constant, usually self-inflicted, internal turmoil, exactly the kind of infighting one would expect from an organization run by a bunch of ideologically driven activists. He had remained on the air approximately once a week at the time of his death.

Fass died April 24 from congestive heart failure, complicated by coronavirus.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-bob-fass-nyc-indie-radio-host-dies-20210425-d5yuhpzkivcrvkofsteqc3qfnm-story.html

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Fass
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:07:55 am by jmyrlefuller »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2021, 01:22:29 pm »
Pacifica Radio is like a miniature Stalinist Russia without a Cheka or Gulag system to remove squabbling rivals. Its operations are micro-Stalin vs. micro-Trotsky vs. micro-Bukharin vs. micro-...... . Sounds like Fass was not very well suited to that kind of environment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2021, 07:24:00 pm »

l admit I did find the backside of Meats Bat album cover a bit disturbing though.

LOL  I always thought the Front was disturbing!

I think I told this story before, that I had a chance meeting of Meat Loaf back in 1978 in the hallway at WLS in Chicago.  Bat was just hitting it big and he was in the studio with his entourage promoting the album with one of the DJ's.  Maybe Larry Lujack or Dick Biondi :shrug:  Anyway Meat was coming down the hall a dripping with sweat and wearing his red satin jacket.  Big guy the Meat...must have been 350 then.  Anyway I had to turn sideways to let him pass  And as he went by I said "Hey Meat".  He never looked at me but I distinctively heard him grunt back at me in response!.  The members of his entourage bringing up the read just gave me the stink eye.  And me being the smartass that I was gave them the "tip of the Hat" sign and moved on down to studio's glass cage to watch the DJ do his job!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #347 on: April 26, 2021, 08:22:36 pm »
Christa Ludwig, illustrious German opera singer and one of the world’s finest mezzo sopranos, died on Saturday, 24 April. Here is an amusing video of a squabble she had with Leonard Bernstein over the tempo of the Mahler piece they were rehearsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f32bhICi-zI&t=162s

Story at Classic FM

Christa Ludwig, a renowned interpreter of Wagner, Mozart and Strauss who starred on the world’s great stages for four decades, died at her home in Klosterneuburg, Austria. She was 93. ...
More at MSN
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #348 on: April 26, 2021, 08:30:26 pm »

LOL  I always thought the Front was disturbing!

I think I told this story before, that I had a chance meeting of Meat Loaf back in 1978 in the hallway at WLS in Chicago.  Bat was just hitting it big and he was in the studio with his entourage promoting the album with one of the DJ's.  Maybe Larry Lujack or Dick Biondi :shrug:  Anyway Meat was coming down the hall a dripping with sweat and wearing his red satin jacket.  Big guy the Meat...must have been 350 then.  Anyway I had to turn sideways to let him pass  And as he went by I said "Hey Meat".  He never looked at me but I distinctively heard him grunt back at me in response!.  The members of his entourage bringing up the read just gave me the stink eye.  And me being the smartass that I was gave them the "tip of the Hat" sign and moved on down to studio's glass cage to watch the DJ do his job!.
Lol. Even a grunt from Mr Loaf when he was in his prime must been pretty awesome.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #349 on: April 26, 2021, 10:01:45 pm »
Pacifica Radio is like a miniature Stalinist Russia without a Cheka or Gulag system to remove squabbling rivals. Its operations are micro-Stalin vs. micro-Trotsky vs. micro-Bukharin vs. micro-...... . Sounds like Fass was not very well suited to that kind of environment.
The odd thing is, like a battered wife, Fass stayed loyal to WBAI right to the bitter end.

Back in '77, they fired him (he was a paid employee at the time and was apparently trying to start a union; that should tell you how genuine Pacifica is in regard to their stated cause). So he went across the Hudson River to WFMU. At the time, WFMU was run by Upsala College. They were in the process of transitioning from a typical college station into the same kind of freeform format Fass was using—but Fass still wanted to go back to WBAI, and in 1982, he did, even without payment.

Fass was just as much of a lefty as anyone else at Pacifica, but he knew he wasn't there for himself. He was there to give a voice to those who he thought had something to say.