Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49361 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2021, 01:35:39 pm »
Bernie Madoff, mastermind of the nation’s biggest investment fraud, dies at 82, AP reports

Infamous fraudster Bernie Madoff has died at age 82, the Associated Press reported Wednesday.

Madoff masterminded the biggest investment fraud in U.S. history, a Ponzi scheme that ripped off tens of thousands of people of as much as $65 billion.

Madoff was serving a 150-year sentence at the federal prison care center in Butner, North Carolina, where he was being treated for what his attorney called terminal kidney disease.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/14/bernie-madoff-dies-mastermind-of-the-nations-biggest-investment-fraud-was-82.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2021, 01:37:18 pm »
Bernie Madoff, mastermind of the nation’s biggest investment fraud, dies at 82, AP reports

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/14/bernie-madoff-dies-mastermind-of-the-nations-biggest-investment-fraud-was-82.html

I wish I could say what I’m thinking but it’s very unladylike.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2021, 01:45:49 pm »

Let me try @Gefn

Sentenced to 150 years in prison for doing what the fedgov does to millions every day!   :shrug:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2021, 03:16:08 pm »
If Bernie Madoff had been put in charge of the Social Security Administration, he would have died a free man.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2021, 03:20:23 pm »

It's his investors that I have an issue with.  They handed their money over to him with the full expectation that he had insider information which would cause their investments to grow faster than us regular folks.  But when the ponzi scheme was exposed, they demanded a bailout from us taxpayers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2021, 03:20:59 pm »
If Bernie Madoff had been put in charge of the Social Security Administration, he would have died a free man.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2021, 03:53:54 pm »
Let me try @Gefn

Sentenced to 150 years in prison for doing what the fedgov does to millions every day!   :shrug:

@Bigun

We all know leftist goobermints hate competition.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2021, 03:55:16 pm »
It's his investors that I have an issue with.  They handed their money over to him with the full expectation that he had insider information which would cause their investments to grow faster than us regular folks.  But when the ponzi scheme was exposed, they demanded a bailout from us taxpayers.

@Hoodat

Well,you know the old saying that states "You can't cheat an honest man unless you are the goobermint!"

It still applies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #308 on: April 15, 2021, 10:06:15 pm »
Singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist and Poco co-founder, Rusty Young, passed away yesterday (April 14) from a heart attack at his home in Davisville, Missouri. He was 75.

Young’s representative’s confirmed the news in a statement.

“It is with great sadness that we confirm the passing of Poco co-founder, Rusty Young, at the age of 75,” the statement read. “Young suffered a heart attack last night. A beloved member of the Blue Élan Records family, Young was best known as the heart and soul of Poco – the band widely considered to be one of the founders of the classic Southern California country rock sound. Young was an integral member of the band throughout their influential six decade career.”

“Rusty was the most unpretentious, caring and idyllic artist I have ever worked with, a natural life force that he consistently poured into his music,” added Rick Alter, Poco and Rusty’s manager of more than 20 years, “To fans and fellow musicians alike, he was a once-in-a-lifetime musician, songwriter, performer and friend.”

https://americansongwriter.com/poco-co-founder-rusty-young-suffers-fatal-heart-attack-at-75/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2021, 01:47:03 am »
Felix Silla, dwarf actor, dies at 84. Notable roles included an Ewok in the original Star Wars trilogy and Cousin It in The Addams Family.
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/felix-silla-dead-cousin-itt-addams-family-1234953729/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2021, 04:49:04 am »
Felix Silla, dwarf actor, dies at 84. Notable roles included an Ewok in the original Star Wars trilogy and Cousin It in The Addams Family.
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/felix-silla-dead-cousin-itt-addams-family-1234953729/

@jmyrlefuller

Dies at 84????

YIKES! Isn't it practically unheard of for dwarfs to live that long?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2021, 04:56:20 am »
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni63266783

Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders (Polly) died today at the age of 52.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2021, 05:16:59 am »
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni63266783

Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders (Polly) died today at the age of 52.

@DCPatriot

OUCH! That one hurts. Kinda had the hots for her,plus she was a GREAT actress. LOVED Peaky Blinders,and loved her as Polly.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2021, 07:43:00 am »

Rest In Peace Cousin It. My favorite hairy  gentleman, with cool shades.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2021, 07:46:53 am »
Wow! A long life...and Cousin It was a favorite of all of us when we were kids. RIP, sir, and thanks for the entertainment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2021, 06:16:40 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Dies at 84????

YIKES! Isn't it practically unheard of for dwarfs to live that long?
It's rare, but not totally unheard of. There are a lot of dwarfs who die young due to a lot of health issues that come with being that short, but there have been a few that went on to live healthy lives into old age.

Billy Barty made it to 76, and a few of the Munchkins (among them Jerry Maren) made it well into their 90s.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 06:25:43 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2021, 06:20:14 pm »
It's rare, but not totally unheard of. There are a lot of dwarfs who die young due to a lot of health issues that come with being that short, but there have been a few that went on to live healthy lives into old age.

Billy Barty made it to 76, and Jerry Maren (of Munchkin fame) survived all the way to 98.

@jmyrlefuller

Thanks for the updates. I didn't know that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2021, 10:55:19 pm »
Alma Wahlberg, matriarch of the Wahlberg family, dies at 78

Wahlberg was the mother of nine children, three of whom would become famous: Paul Wahlberg became a prominent chef and namesake of the Wahlburgers fast-food restaurant; while Donnie and Mark earned their name in the late 1980s/early 1990s pop music scene as members of New Kids on the Block and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch respectively. Donnie, Mark and their brother Robert also eventually became actors.

https://people.com/music/alma-wahlberg-dead-at-78/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2021, 09:07:51 pm »
'She was a pillar' | Hester Ford, oldest living American, has died at 116

Hester Ford had 12 children, 48 grandchildren, 108 great-grandchildren, and approximately 120 great-great-grandchildren.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Hester Ford, who was the oldest living American, died at 116 surrounded by her loved ones at home, according to her family members.

"It's a sad day but it's also a great day in heaven," her great-grandaughter Tanisha Patterson-Powe said. "Although we’re saddened by it, we take great pride in the legacy that she does leave behind."

Ford lived in the same home in Charlotte for more than 58 years. She had 12 children, 48 grandchildren, 108 great-grandchildren, and approximately 120 great-great-grandchildren.

https://www.khou.com/article/features/producers-picks/hester-ford-dies-at-116/275-fec0a906-3788-4199-b3d8-11d85f73bd03

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2021, 09:08:38 pm »

Hester Ford had 12 children, 48 grandchildren, 108 great-grandchildren, and approximately 120 great-great-grandchildren.

https://www.khou.com/article/features/producers-picks/hester-ford-dies-at-116/275-fec0a906-3788-4199-b3d8-11d85f73bd03

116 is a hella long time. I bet she had some wonderful stories

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2021, 10:41:19 pm »

Of course she did.

I have no doubt welfare paid for all of them,as well as provided her with an income.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2021, 01:25:05 am »
Former Vice President Walter Mondale dies at 93

Walter Mondale, who transformed the role of U.S. vice president while serving under Jimmy Carter and was the Democratic nominee for president in 1984, died Monday at 93, according to a family spokesperson.

The big picture: President Biden, who was mentored by Mondale through the years, said in 2015 that the former vice president gave him a "roadmap" to successfully take on the job.

He was the first vice president to have an office in the White House and was deeply engaged in both U.S. and foreign policy, working closely with the president.
"I took Fritz's roadmap. He actually gave me a memo, classic Fritz, gave me a memo, as to what I should be looking for and what kind of commitments I should get to be able to do the job the way Fritz thought it should be done," Biden said at an event honoring Mondale in 2015.

https://www.axios.com/walter-mondale-dies-vice-president-f8b5bfaf-bec1-44c5-8120-811c6f1a664b.html

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2021, 01:26:25 am »
Interesting trivia

Mondale and Carter were the longest-living post-presidential team in U.S. history.

In case anyone is trying out for “Jeopardy”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #323 on: April 20, 2021, 01:28:34 am »
He was the first vice president to have an office in the White House and was deeply engaged in both U.S. and foreign policy, working closely with the president.
"I took Fritz's roadmap. He actually gave me a memo, classic Fritz, gave me a memo, as to what I should be looking for and what kind of commitments I should get to be able to do the job the way Fritz thought it should be done," Biden said at an event honoring Mondale in 2015.

What a load of horseshit!  Biden famously said that the best thing about being Vice President is that you didn't have to do anything.  Biden had no office in the White House.  Biden did absolutely nothing for eight years except to shake down Ukraine for his own family graft.  There is no way in hell Biden took Mondale's roadmap.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2021, 01:28:53 am »
Interesting trivia

Mondale and Carter were the longest-living post-presidential team in U.S. history.

In case anyone is trying out for “Jeopardy”
In the end it will be just Jimmy Carter and Keith Richards.