Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49368 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2021, 04:03:55 pm »
Count me as someone else sorry to hear this sad news.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2021, 04:05:20 pm »
Sad news!  May he rest in peace!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2021, 04:12:54 pm »
From Steve's sister...

Hello,

Steve had a condition called Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus where the cerebral spinal fluid doesn’t drain properly from the brain. He had a shunt inserted in his brain 3 years ago to drain the fluid and when this was done he experienced a brain bleed. Apparently the brain bleed turned into scar tissue. He began recently to have small seizures at first and then larger seizures. They were nonstop and the doctors could not control them with medication. They put him in a medically induced coma in an effort to reboot his brain but it did not work and he never came out of the coma. He passed away last evening.

@DCPatriot I hope you sent Steve's sister and family TBR's sincere condolences.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2021, 04:27:40 pm »
From Steve's sister...

Hello,

Steve had a condition called Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus where the cerebral spinal fluid doesn’t drain properly from the brain. He had a shunt inserted in his brain 3 years ago to drain the fluid and when this was done he experienced a brain bleed. Apparently the brain bleed turned into scar tissue. He began recently to have small seizures at first and then larger seizures. They were nonstop and the doctors could not control them with medication. They put him in a medically induced coma in an effort to reboot his brain but it did not work and he never came out of the coma. He passed away last evening.

Prayers up for his family. He will indeed be missed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2021, 05:05:56 pm »
Such sad news. He was a longtime member of TBR and great contributor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2021, 08:39:19 pm »
Last posted February 27, last logged in March 27. I was wondering why he disappeared.

He and I didn't always get along but I held no ill will against him. May he RIP
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 08:41:09 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2021, 09:57:43 pm »
@truth_seeker was one of the great ones.  He truly loved TBR.  I have missed him greatly, and it saddens me to discover this is why he's been MIA for so long.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2021, 10:11:43 pm »
I remember him, he always had kind words to everyone. Rest In Peace, Sir.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2021, 10:26:35 pm »
Sad to hear of his passing. RIP
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2021, 11:45:45 pm »
From Steve's sister...

Hello,

I’m very sorry. May his memory be a blessing.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2021, 03:10:59 am »
May God hold you close in Heaven @truth_seeker RIP.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #286 on: April 12, 2021, 03:51:27 am »
Still numb and stunned about Steve's passing.

Seemed like only a couple of years ago, he doing well listing and selling Huntington Beach, CA..

Trying to remember if he ever told us about his getting a shunt 3 years ago.  Vaguely recall it.

Honored to have called him my friend for almost twenty years on the forums.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2021, 05:19:23 am »

Seemed like only a couple of years ago, he doing well listing and selling Huntington Beach, CA..

Trying to remember if he ever told us about his getting a shunt 3 years ago.  Vaguely recall it.

It's like a gut punch @DCPatriot   I don't recall the shunt, either.

Rest in peace, Steve.  We'll keep your family in our prayers for their comfort and peace.  We'll miss you. 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2021, 11:39:17 am »
From Steve's sister...

Hello,

Just damn.  TS was a real smarty, a true loss to the community. 
Sympathies and condolences to his family, loved ones and friends.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline verga

« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2021, 12:10:15 pm »
RIP Seeker
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2021, 12:39:23 pm »
From Steve's sister...

Hello,

Prayers up for his family.  :0001:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2021, 01:46:55 pm »

I recall his having some sort of brain surgery at about the same time I did and he seemed to be having difficulty recovering from it.  Not sure exactly what they did in his case. Perhaps that is what you are talking about.  The time frame is correct.

He and I were mildly acquainted long before the internet came along.

@DCPatriot
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:48:51 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #292 on: April 12, 2021, 07:06:11 pm »
R.I.P. @truth_seeker Prayers up for the family.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »
RIP truth seeker. Always read your posts.

The Briefing Room could use an "in memoriam" thread/area someplace, documenting former members. With a pic, who they were in real life, perhaps a link to an obituary notice...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2021, 11:16:20 am »

The Briefing Room could use an "in memoriam" thread/area someplace, documenting former members. With a pic, who they were in real life, perhaps a link to an obituary notice...

I really like this idea, @Fishrrman
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2021, 02:53:23 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2021, 05:17:05 pm »

Sadly, there are enough angry cruel Progs "out there" who would enjoy adding to family members' grief by doxxing them and siccing similarly cruel people on family members. So, IMO, posting IRL names, cities, pix, and similar info that could be used to dox the deceased is not a good idea presently.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2021, 05:22:01 pm »
Sadly, there are enough angry cruel Progs "out there" who would enjoy adding to family members' grief by doxxing them and siccing similarly cruel people on family members. So, IMO, posting IRL names, cities, pix, and similar info that could be used to dox the deceased is not a good idea presently.

Yeah, when Lando expires I don't want any civilian info posted.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2021, 05:30:10 pm »

@PeteS in CA

The simple solution to that problem is to state in public in the thread header that it is a thread to honor those no longer here,and any negative posts will be immediately deleted,and depending on how serious the offense,so will the poster.

Anybody so stupid they can't understand the reasoning behind that is too stupid to be allowed to post here,anyhow.

Just a simple "Blip!",and your post is gone with no explanation given,no debate,and no excuses accepted.

Gone.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2021, 05:56:20 pm »
@PeteS in CA

The simple solution to that problem is to state in public in the thread header that it is a thread to honor those no longer here,and any negative posts will be immediately deleted,and depending on how serious the offense,so will the poster.

Anybody so stupid they can't understand the reasoning behind that is too stupid to be allowed to post here,anyhow.

Just a simple "Blip!",and your post is gone with no explanation given,no debate,and no excuses accepted.

Gone.

Anybody can post an "In Memorium" thread, but we'll apply the same rules about doxxing personal info that we do in the rest of the Forum.

That is all.  Please leave this thread for Obits, as a sign of respect to @jmyrlefuller.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: