Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49861 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2021, 02:33:51 pm »
@Millee @Gefn Thanks. The first day is the hardest.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2021, 02:37:15 pm »
Coyote. Lab/Husky cross, 12 years old. Great pal, very vocal, never failed to greet me when I came home, a friend and companion. Loved pizza and other people food. Lost his head over a female in heat and bit a family member. Passed by lethal injection about 4:30 CST, and left a gaping hole in our family and my heart.

I am right there with ya, Joe. Lost my friend over a year ago, don't think I'll ever completely get over it.

The way God made them for us, I do not doubt we'll see them again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2021, 02:50:39 pm »
Coyote. Lab/Husky cross, 12 years old. Great pal, very vocal, never failed to greet me when I came home, a friend and companion. Loved pizza and other people food. Lost his head over a female in heat and bit a family member. Passed by lethal injection about 4:30 CST, and left a gaping hole in our family and my heart.

@Smokin Joe

Should have told that family member to just STFA from the pooch. Chances are they were at as much fault for this happening as the dog was,so why kill the dog?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2021, 02:56:34 pm »
I am right there with ya, Joe. Lost my friend over a year ago, don't think I'll ever completely get over it.

I lost my dobie in 1982 because I was at work and my buttcrack father let her suffer all day while trying to give birth to puppies that were trying to come out backwards. She spend hours in agony while I was at work not knowing anything about it,and that dipshit didn't bother to call me. If he had,I would have left work and took her to the vet immediately.

He died a couple of years later,and I still miss the dog,and don't miss him at all. I only came home to take care of him after my mother died out of a sense of duty. He never liked me to start with,and in my entire life never once called me anything but "boy". Never once did a single damn thing for me he didn't have to do,and bitched about that.

All in all,the dobie was the bigger loss.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2021, 03:01:07 pm »
I lost my dobie in 1982 because I was at work and my buttcrack father let her suffer all day while trying to give birth to puppies that were trying to come out backwards. She spend hours in agony while I was at work not knowing anything about it,and that dipshit didn't bother to call me. If he had,I would have left work and took her to the vet immediately.

He died a couple of years later,and I still miss the dog,and don't miss him at all. I only came home to take care of him after my mother died out of a sense of duty. He never liked me to start with,and in my entire life never once called me anything but "boy". Never once did a single damn thing for me he didn't have to do,and bitched about that.

All in all,the dobie was the bigger loss.

I grieved for my dog like I haven't for anyone. Doesn't mean I don't love and miss family who are gone; there's just something about a dog.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2021, 05:57:34 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Should have told that family member to just STFA from the pooch. Chances are they were at as much fault for this happening as the dog was,so why kill the dog?
He is my grandson, just turned 18 and has lived with us since a toddler (we're his guardians). He and the dog got along well for the entire life of the dog. The dog had a snootful of female in heat and turned on him when he stopped him from bolting out the door. The dog should have obeyed, not bitten (literally) a hand that fed him. We have a rule in our house that no dog bites a family member, and the dog, at 12 knew that. It wasn't what I wanted, just had to be done.
All the what if in the world won't change what is.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2021, 05:59:04 pm »
I grieved for my dog like I haven't for anyone. Doesn't mean I don't love and miss family who are gone; there's just something about a dog.
True, that.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2021, 06:00:17 pm »
He is my grandson, just turned 18 and has lived with us since a toddler (we're his guardians). He and the dog got along well for the entire life of the dog. The dog had a snootful of female in heat and turned on him when he stopped him from bolting out the door. The dog should have obeyed, not bitten (literally) a hand that fed him. We have a rule in our house that no dog bites a family member, and the dog, at 12 knew that. It wasn't what I wanted, just had to be done.
All the what if in the world won't change what is.

@Smokin Joe

Ok,the dog knowing  the grandson for his entire life and living in the same house does make a difference.

Chances are the pooch was going senile,and would have only gotten worse.

Not that it makes it any easier on you. Or on your grandson,AFATG.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:02:19 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2021, 06:04:08 pm »

I'm so sorry, @Smokin Joe
I lost mine last month, but I still sometimes wake up in tears from dreaming about her. 
I will pray that your memories will comfort you in your time of grieving.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2021, 06:07:29 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Ok,the dog knowing  the grandson for his entire life and living in the same house does make a difference.

Chances are the pooch was going senile,and would have only gotten worse.
Yeah, but that only makes it harder to deal with.
He was very vocal, being part husky, and made whistles and other noises to communicate, which he did often. After all those years, I could tell who was coming to the door by the sounds he made and his reaction. He announced the mailman's arrival with the same unique set of growls every day (not so much vicious as just guttural tones). He knew everything going on for a hundred or more yards in any direction, the sound of our vehicles from a couple blocks away, and was always happy to see me.  He didn't like the last room he was in, he wanted me to take him outside...

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2021, 06:15:19 pm »
Yeah, but that only makes it harder to deal with.
He was very vocal, being part husky, and made whistles and other noises to communicate, which he did often. After all those years, I could tell who was coming to the door by the sounds he made and his reaction. He announced the mailman's arrival with the same unique set of growls every day (not so much vicious as just guttural tones). He knew everything going on for a hundred or more yards in any direction, the sound of our vehicles from a couple blocks away, and was always happy to see me.  He didn't like the last room he was in, he wanted me to take him outside...

12 years is about all we have a right to expect from any dog. Thats a full life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2021, 06:33:21 pm »

@Smokin Joe
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
It's tough, I know.
I lost my beagle and my foxhound 6 weeks apart near the end of last year.
I didn't think it would hit me nearly as hard as it did.
I still dream about them.

Offline berdie

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2021, 07:22:21 pm »
This breaks my heart @Smokin Joe . I'm so very sorry.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2021, 07:40:39 pm »
12 years is about all we have a right to expect from any dog. Thats a full life.
Yes, but he was healthy, fit, and just once I'd like one to die of old age. I was hoping we'd have many more years yet. I guess I should just be grateful for what we had.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2021, 07:41:24 pm »
This breaks my heart @Smokin Joe . I'm so very sorry.
Mine, too, @berdie.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2021, 08:15:23 pm »
Yes, but he was healthy, fit, and just once I'd like one to die of old age. I was hoping we'd have many more years yet. I guess I should just be grateful for what we had.

Difficult as that was, I’m sure you know you did the right thing.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2021, 08:39:00 pm »
Difficult as that was, I’m sure you know you did the right thing.
I know, I had no choice, really. That does not make it any less painful.  Events beyond my control.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2021, 04:36:31 am »
Sorry for your loss @Smokin Joe

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2021, 08:34:12 am »
Sorry for your loss @Smokin Joe
Thanks, @GtHawk. I'm a tough old buzzard, former fireman, oilfield hand for decades, spent some time as a 'scooter tramp',  but this hurts enough that only now over 24 hours later can I talk about him and stay dry eyed (well, mostly). The first 24 hours are the toughest.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2021, 04:03:03 pm »
Thanks, @GtHawk. I'm a tough old buzzard, former fireman, oilfield hand for decades, spent some time as a 'scooter tramp',  but this hurts enough that only now over 24 hours later can I talk about him and stay dry eyed (well, mostly). The first 24 hours are the toughest.
I hear you @Smokin Joe. My buddy used to lay next to me at my computer and I swear I would still see him out of the corner of my eye, even now seven months later. And I still tear up thinking about him at times, it hurts so much because they are family.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2021, 09:24:43 am »
I hear you @Smokin Joe. My buddy used to lay next to me at my computer and I swear I would still see him out of the corner of my eye, even now seven months later. And I still tear up thinking about him at times, it hurts so much because they are family.
There are times I think I hear him, and yes he used to lay next to me when on the computer or next to my chair when I watched TV. There were a couple of places that were 'his' spots, and every now and then I think I see him there, like you said, out of the corner of my eye...It will take time.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2021, 06:01:50 pm »
Condolences
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2021, 06:06:14 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2021, 10:29:12 pm »
Reggae legend Bunny Wailer, Bob Marley’s former bandmate, dead at 73

https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/bunny-wailer-bob-marleys-former-bandmate-dead-at-73/

Reggae legend Bunny Wailer — a founding member of the Wailers with Bob Marley — passed away early on Tuesday. He was 73.

Wailer died at the Medical Associates Hospital in Kingston, Jamaica. No cause of death was reported, although he had been in and out of the hospital since suffering a second stroke in July 2020.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2021, 09:05:02 am »
It is indeed a major loss to lose one's best friend.  My wife calls our dog her best friend.  She makes us laugh all day long.  She literally runs our whole house.  She is smarter than all the dogs combined that I had, and she senses everything.  If one of us is down, she knows and does things to support us.  Is it so endearing. 

My wife was on the verge of crying one day in the kitchen, over work related crap, and the dog sat next to her looking up and she started to cry in a tone that was very unique.  My wife was so upset she did not notice until I pointed it out to her.  It made my wife go from tears welling up in her eyes to joy at seeing the dog sense how she felt.  She bent down and picked her up, hugging her with great joy.

I cannot imagine being here without her.  She has become such a prominent force in our lives.  Yesterday, she jumped on the bed and woke me up, telling me it was time to get up.  She often does this.  She is so funny.  I think I mentioned this before, but she will give a little hmmmf, and does it 3-4 more times a little louder each time.  She woke me up with the first one, but I pretend to sleep, so she nudges me with her paw, and I stay still, and she nudges me 3-4 more times, a little harder each time.  I still lay there pretending to sleep.  Then she pulls the bedspread, blanket and sheet down to the foot of the bed, and by then I just can't keep a straight face.  She is a real hoot.  And she is always very serious with her looks when she is doing this.

So, my sincerest sympathy for the loss of your good friend.