Author Topic: Majority of Cadets Implicated in West Point Cheating Scandal Are Athletes  (Read 786 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Majority of Cadets Implicated in West Point Cheating Scandal Are Athletes

Dylan Gwinn 30 Dec 2020

The majority of Cadets who are reported to have been apart of the cheating scandal which has rocked West Point are athletes.

According to a report from USA Today, 55 of the 73 cadets implicated in the scandal are athletes. Twenty-four of the 55 are members of the Army Black Knights football team and, as of Wednesday, 17 were still in uniform.

While implication in a cheating scandal would have meant automatic suspension in prior years, West Point Superintendant Lt. General Darryl suspended the school’s policy of preventing cadets who violate the West Point honor code from representing the school in public.

The West Point honor code states: “A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”

In a memo written on October 23 and obtained by USA Today, Williams explained his reasoning by saying that the former policy “resulted in an inequitable application of consequences and developmental opportunities for select groups of cadets.”

The cheating scandal stems from a calculus test that was administered online in May due to coronavirus protocols.

This is not the first time West Point has been embroiled in a cheating controversy. In 1976, 153 cadets were involved in a scheme to cheat on a mechanical engineering exam.

“In the current scandal, 58 cadets have already admitted that they cheated and will remain on probation throughout their tenure at West Point, the New York Post reports.

West Point spokesman Lt. Col. Christopher Ophardt stressed that the football season and upcoming bowl game did not factor into the school’s decision-making process.

“We didn’t cancel the punishment,” Ophardt explained. “We delayed it until final adjudication.”

Army is set to battle West Virginia in the Liberty Bowl on Thursday.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/12/30/majority-cadets-implicated-west-point-cheating-scandal-athletes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Majority of Cadets Implicated in West Point Cheating Scandal Are Athletes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 02:54:06 am »
West Point spokesman Lt. Col. Christopher Ophardt stressed that the football season and upcoming bowl game did not factor into the school’s decision-making process.

bullshit.... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 05:05:53 am »
Majority of Cadets Implicated in West Point Cheating Scandal Are Athletes

Dylan Gwinn 30 Dec 2020
The majority of Cadets who are reported to have been apart of the cheating scandal which has rocked West Point are athletes.

@mystery-ak

"atheletes" = code word for "blacks"

While implication in a cheating scandal would have meant automatic suspension in prior years, West Point Superintendant Lt. General Darryl suspended the school’s policy of preventing cadets who violate the West Point honor code from representing the school in public.

SOB should be drumming out of the army in disgrace. I THINK he is probably already retired,and if that is the case,he should lose his pension as well as his status as a retired General officer. He is purposely betraying everything West Point has ever represented.

The West Point honor code states: “A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”

Somebody needs to remind  Lt. General Darryl of those little factoids.

In a memo written on October 23 and obtained by USA Today, Williams explained his reasoning by saying that the former policy “resulted in an inequitable application of consequences and developmental opportunities for select groups of cadets.”

SOB used 18 words to say "black" without saying "black". He definitely has a future in politics.

The cheating scandal stems from a calculus test that was administered online in May due to coronavirus protocols.

No,the cheating scandal stems from students being caught cheating,and West Point trying to get around tradition and honor by not expelling them.

The sad part is it really isn't even their fault BECAUSE they are good athletes.  They have Never been held to the same standards as any of the other students since elementary school,so they were never really required to learn how to think and reason. Or required to meet ANY of the academic standards as the other students. They were not only caught cheating,but they have been cheated their whole lives by the system that is SUPPOSED to teach them the same skills as the regular students,and hold them to the same standards of academic excellence as the other students. There IS "fault to lay" here,but it is at the feet of the school administrators,not the students themselves.

In case you haven't guessed,this REALLY pisses me off.

This is not the first time West Point has been embroiled in a cheating controversy. In 1976, 153 cadets were involved in a scheme to cheat on a mechanical engineering exam.

The difference,IIRC, is that back then they were all given the boot,not promoted and given commissions. I COULD very well be wrong on that,though. If I am,someone please correct me.

“In the current scandal, 58 cadets have already admitted that they cheated and will remain on probation throughout their tenure at West Point, the New York Post reports.

Which does NOTHING but teach them that cheating is acceptable,even if you get caught.

ROFKMAO! There is a LTC betraying the Honor Code by purposely telling a lie himself. Some role model for the cadets,right?

“We didn’t cancel the punishment,” Ophardt explained. “We delayed it until final adjudication.”

WTH does that mean,"until the final game of the season"?

Army is set to battle West Virginia in the Liberty Bowl on Thursday.

I hope WVA kicks their butts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 05:33:50 am »
@mystery-ak

"atheletes" = code word for "blacks"

SOB should be drumming out of the army in disgrace. I THINK he is probably already retired,and if that is the case,he should lose his pension as well as his status as a retired General officer. He is purposely betraying everything West Point has ever represented.

Somebody needs to remind  Lt. General Darryl of those little factoids.

SOB used 18 words to say "black" without saying "black". He definitely has a future in politics.

No,the cheating scandal stems from students being caught cheating,and West Point trying to get around tradition and honor by not expelling them.

The sad part is it really isn't even their fault BECAUSE they are good athletes.  They have Never been held to the same standards as any of the other students since elementary school,so they were never really required to learn how to think and reason. Or required to meet ANY of the academic standards as the other students. They were not only caught cheating,but they have been cheated their whole lives by the system that is SUPPOSED to teach them the same skills as the regular students,and hold them to the same standards of academic excellence as the other students. There IS "fault to lay" here,but it is at the feet of the school administrators,not the students themselves.

In case you haven't guessed,this REALLY pisses me off.

The difference,IIRC, is that back then they were all given the boot,not promoted and given commissions. I COULD very well be wrong on that,though. If I am,someone please correct me.

Which does NOTHING but teach them that cheating is acceptable,even if you get caught.

ROFKMAO! There is a LTC betraying the Honor Code by purposely telling a lie himself. Some role model for the cadets,right?

WTH does that mean,"until the final game of the season"?

I hope WVA kicks their butts.

The article takes great pains to only show white Army players in their photo.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 07:34:05 am »
The article takes great pains to only show white Army players in their photo.

@Signlass

I didn't even bother to look at the photo,but it fits.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 06:52:24 pm »
Well, then, I guess we should cheer for WVU in today's bowl game against Army.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 11:39:39 pm »
 888mouth

Offline Night Hides Not

These cadets broke their contract with West Point. The only proper course of action IMO is to put them on active duty as enlisted men until they've met their military requirement.

I went to Gonzaga on a 4 year ROTC scholarship. There were two courses of action available to me and my fellow cadets:

1. Graduate in 4 years and be commissioned as a 2nd LT.
2. Not graduate in 4 years and serve your time as an enlisted soldier, starting as a Spec. 4.

We had a cadet a year ahead of us that ended up in the latter category. Seeing him in his uniform sent a clear message. No, I wasn't worried, though I was afraid I bit off more than I could chew when I changed majors my sophomore year, from management to public accounting.

I took 21 hours a semester 3 of my last 4 semesters, and graduated with 141 hours.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In an era when Head Football Coaches make 5-10X what university presidents make?

Any surprises there?

I used to make donations to my alma maeter, with expressed instructions that $0 goes to athletics.  Understand there were means to circumvent that, and the tap went dry afterwards.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:20:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Kendall leads West Virginia to Liberty Bowl victory over Army
Who could’ve seen that coming?!
By Michael Miller@mikemillerSBN
Dec 31, 2020, 8:18pm EST

Story at The Smoking Musket

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 02:56:11 am »
With Traitor Joe as POTUS, there will no longer be a need for military academies.  This country will become an unofficial territory of Communist China.  The occupation will take place much like Hong Kong.  The promise for autonomy and then one day we awaken to find freedom at the bottom of a trash heap.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 05:56:51 am »
With Traitor Joe as POTUS, there will no longer be a need for military academies.  This country will become an unofficial territory of Communist China.  The occupation will take place much like Hong Kong.  The promise for autonomy and then one day we awaken to find freedom at the bottom of a trash heap.

@jafo2010

The oddest thing about this to me is these fools somehow believe they will continue to receive the pay-offs and the privileges
once the Chinese and the bankers take over control of the world,and they are no longer needed.

In FACT,I suspect they will be the first executed because they are PROVEN traitors.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 08:02:14 am »
@jafo2010

The oddest thing about this to me is these fools somehow believe they will continue to receive the pay-offs and the privileges
once the Chinese and the bankers take over control of the world,and they are no longer needed.

In FACT,I suspect they will be the first executed because they are PROVEN traitors.
Yep, they'll line them up and finish them first.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 06:25:08 pm »
Yep, they'll line them up and finish them first.

@Smokin Joe

That is what almost always happens to traitors. If their own people and nation can't trust them,why the HELL would YOU trust them?

The only exceptions to this that come to mind are the British aristocrats that spied for the USSR during the Cold War. The Soviets were pretty much forced by their own dogma to give them upscale housing and living conditions to "prove to da wurld" that their system was the very bestest in the wurld.

Or at least that is the way it appeared when they would be out on public,but they also had handlers following them around. They never once really roamed freely.

Think "Parakeets in a cage".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:26:07 pm by sneakypete »