Author Topic: Trump reportedly planning huge New Year's Eve bash at Mar-a-Lago amid surging COVID-19 cases  (Read 552 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump reportedly planning huge New Year's Eve bash at Mar-a-Lago amid surging COVID-19 cases

CNN reports at least 500 reservations have been confirmed so far.
By
Joseph Guzman | Dec. 30, 2020

Story at a glance

The lavish event attended each year by Trump and his family will still take place Thursday night at the president’s private club.
    There’s no word on whether COVID-19 guidelines will be in place or if guests will adhere to them.
    The New Year’s Eve celebration comes as the U.S. has dealt with the worst month of the pandemic thus far.

President Trump reportedly plans to hold his annual black-tie New Year’s Eve gala at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., despite the raging coronavirus pandemic that has left more than 330,000 Americans dead.

CNN reports the lavish event attended each year by Trump and his family will still take place Thursday night at the president’s private club as coronavirus cases and deaths continue to soar across the U.S.

While there’s no official word on how many guests will be in attendance this year, a member of Mar-a-Lago told the news outlet at least 500 reservations have been confirmed so far for the event where attendees reportedly paid about $1,000 per ticket in 2019.

There’s also no word on whether COVID-19 guidelines will be in place or if guests will adhere to them.

Trump’s New Year’s Eve galas in the past, which date back to the year 2000, have hosted hundreds of people, with about 800 people attending the party in 2017, according to The Palm Beach Post.  The president was unable to attend the gala in 2018 due to the government shutdown, leaving first lady Melania Trump to host the party without her husband.

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/532096-trump-reportedly-planning-huge-new-years-eve-bash-at
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Great. Wish I was invited.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Great. Wish I was invited.

I'd go....but what to wear..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

attendees reportedly paid about $1,000 per ticket in 2019.
Hmm. Plane ticket around $329, but I can't get there before 5 pm. New outfit and shoes - gosh, hundred$, anyway. $1,000 ticket to the gala ... (calculating) ... sure, what the heck. I'll do it!  0005

:silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hmm. Plane ticket around $329, but I can't get there before 5 pm. New outfit and shoes - gosh, hundred$, anyway. $1,000 ticket to the gala ... (calculating) ... sure, what the heck. I'll do it!  0005

:silly:

You forgot hotel...I estimate about 5k for Mike and I...lmao
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

I'd go....but what to wear..lol

I have the same dilemma, also, I wouldn't be able to stand up in a pair of stilettos, and sure as heck wouldn't be able to walk in them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I have the same dilemma, also, I wouldn't be able to stand up in a pair of stilettos, and sure as heck wouldn't be able to walk in them.
My feet still hurt from the 2001 FR inaugural ball.  8888crybaby
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 02:45:06 am by mountaineer »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I can't wear heels anymore...maybe some fancy ballet flats..lol
Support the USO

Offline LegalAmerican

I love it.  covid is just another COLD virus.  Same issues, as any other year.  And flu season.
  WE HAVE TO STOP LIVING IN FEAR.  No surge.  Same o, same o.

Offline LegalAmerican

I can't wear heels anymore...maybe some fancy ballet flats..lol

I still have my gorgeous heels!  I can't part with them.  Two shoes with rhinestones, criss crossed, one in silver one in gold. 
Then red velvet and some stamped gold pumps, with a big bow on the front.  Sigh.   Ballet flats, yes.