Author Topic: The Year 2020 in Color; Highlights and Looking Back  (Read 182 times)

rangerrebew

The Year 2020 in Color; Highlights and Looking Back
« on: December 30, 2020, 11:24:15 am »

The Year 2020 in Color; Highlights and Looking Back

Friday at 3:16 AM

A happy Christmas to all of You :)

The year 2020 is coming to an end, so it is time to look back on the past year and give a summary in color. This year was the first year for me in which I went completely for film making. After I always made an overview on the various social media forums of the highlights that I saw as a photographer in that year, I now make an overview in a video for the first time. For me personally, 2020 was a year of change in which I will sail a new course, which has manifested itself in the hobby in the form of filming. In terms of aviation it was a strange year because of the conditions in the world with respect to Covid and the lockdown in many countries that followed. It was no different here in the Netherlands. The year started with a unique flight with the Belgian Air Force to the Baltic Air Policing detachment in Siauliai in Lithuania. During the moment there on the base I was able to attend a training scramble and film it completely. During the flight to Lithuania, we were intercepted several times by fighter planes from various NATO partners. This was a unique experience that I would not have wanted to miss. After this great experience, the world would change forever with the arrival of Corona unfortunately. In the field of the hobby, it was mainly back to basics, because all airbase visits and media events were canceled. The first ray of hope was the 75th anniversary of the 298 Squadron. For the occasion, the unit sent a beautifully painted Chinook along several low-flying areas to greet their loyal fans by posing for the photographers. In mid-June things would suddenly go fast, the first lockdown was over and there was again cautious flying in the Netherlands. The Americans would move the 3CAB via Eindhoven Air Base to the Port of Rotterdam, after which the unit returned to the United States. This resulted in the first serious report after Covid. At the same time, the first Airbus A330 MRTT was also delivered to the MMU at Eindhoven. This was also a memorable moment. In France, the launch of the parade on Bastille Day was attended at Evreux. However, the weather was very bad that day. Only a few Rafales were launched and the Mirages have returned to their parking spot after a line up at the runway.

https://www.defencetalk.com/military/forums/t/the-year-2020-in-color-highlights-and-looking-back.15197/