Author Topic: ‘Intentional attack’ on CO gas lines leaves thousands without heat  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Laura Widener  December 29, 2020

Thousands of Aspen, Colo. residents and businesses are without heat or hot water amid freezing temperatures due to an attack on gas service lines over the weekend.

The FBI and local police are investigating what they say appears to be an “intentional attack” on the town’s gas service lines, Aspen Times reported. Officials discovered vandalism at three different gas line sites, in which environmental group messaging was found written on the pipes.

Aspen Assistant Police Chief Bill Linn said the perpetrators “have some familiarity” with the gas line system. “They tampered with flow lines. They turned off gas lines,” he explained.

The words “Earth First!” were found written on the vandalized gas pipes. The words are the name of an international environmental advocacy group.

The city of Aspen has been handing out thousands of space heaters to residents who are without heat while technicians from the local gas company, Black Hills Energy, attempt to restore the gas service.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/12/intentional-attack-on-co-gas-lines-leaves-thousands-without-heat/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If/when caught and found guilty,they should be hanged for the attempted murder of thousands of men,women,and children.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

Betcha they're missin them wood stoves they've been banning like crazy. Get out of town a little ways and everybody is snug as a bug. Because if they have gas, they still have a wood stove too.

Places where winter comes hard should never rely on one or even two sources of heat.

Online mountaineer

And by intentional, pretty sure we mean terrorist.
Intentional attack leaves thousands without heat in frigid Colorado
Vandals targeted several gas lines in Aspen.
By Joseph Guzman | Dec. 29, 2020

Authorities said the acts of vandalism took place Saturday night at three different Black Hills Energy gas line sites.
    At least 3,500 homes and businesses were left without heat.
    The FBI and state law enforcement officials are working with local authorities on the criminal investigation.

Thousands of residents and businesses are without heat in frigid Aspen, Colo., after gas service lines were intentionally damaged over the weekend.

Authorities said the acts of vandalism took place Saturday night at three different Black Hills Energy gas line sites. Two of the sites were located in Aspen and one in a different location in Pitkin County. Police said the three locations were damaged about the same time, according to The Aspen Times.

The FBI and state law enforcement officials are working with local authorities on the criminal investigation. Aspen Assistant Police Chief Bill Linn said those responsible would have had to be familiar with the gas system to pull off the sabotage.

“They tampered with flow lines. They turned off gas lines,” Linn said.

The words “Earth First!” were also found writing on a pipe at a natural gas pumping station near the town, which is the name of a self-described “radical environmental group,” although it’s not clear at this time if the group was involved.  ...
The Hill
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If/when caught and found guilty,they should be hanged for the attempted murder of thousands of men,women,and children.
I would like to see that precedent established, but when the new Holdomor comes, I expect the communists in our government will proudly cut off service to the very regions which supply a tremendous amount of gas and oil in the northern parts of the country.

Keep in mind, though, that two can play that game, and one side knows where ALL the valves are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Betcha they're missin them wood stoves they've been banning like crazy. Get out of town a little ways and everybody is snug as a bug. Because if they have gas, they still have a wood stove too.

Places where winter comes hard should never rely on one or even two sources of heat.
True, that, three at a minimum.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's somebody's set-up "Command Center" {scoff's "it's a basement!!" John McClane...} Live Free or Die Hard

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ok, would that be wood, natural gas/propane and...................women?

Online roamer_1

Women.... Yep. Because you invariably wind up in the doghouse, and the dogs will keep you warm... That's where the 3 dog - 5 dog temperature measurement came from ... Kinda like the bars on a Hudson Bay blanket.

Offline Smokin Joe

Electric heaters, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Always have a backup. Generators are the most logical option, IMO, but wood stoves are good too. Can't beat that atmosphere. I prefer pellet stoves operated from a generator.

Offline thackney

Our back up source of heat is living South of Houston.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Even more Southern than me. I live in South Houston.  I was down in your neck of the woods just last week visiting an old friend off of 1462.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The terrorist enivrowhacko's of the NW are highly aligned and allied with Antifa. 

Watch for much more of this as time passes

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Even more Southern than me. I live in South Houston.  I was down in your neck of the woods just last week visiting an old friend off of 1462.

We live on FM 1462, 4 miles west of Hwy 288, 5 miles east of the Brazos River.

Offline Smokin Joe

The terrorist enivrowhacko's of the NW are highly aligned and allied with Antifa. 

Watch for much more of this as time passes
Yeah. Note they didn't cut off their supplies back home.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
We live on FM 1462, 4 miles west of Hwy 288, 5 miles east of the Brazos River.

I musta just gone past ya. I was on 528A/Mill Dr near where it becomes Lake Dr.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Response to environmental terrorism:
S****, S*****, S*** U*.

Offline Smokin Joe

Response to environmental terrorism:
S****, S*****, S*** U*.
If they so dearly want to become one with the Planet, perhaps they should take immediate steps to return their nutrients to the soil--all of them.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Just remembering this thread and my response.

We were more fortunate than most.

Online roamer_1

Always have a backup. Generators are the most logical option, IMO, but wood stoves are good too. Can't beat that atmosphere. I prefer pellet stoves operated from a generator.

It's tough getting BTUs out of a jenny... use it to run the fan on a GFA or propane furnace, sure... But you need a whoppin jenny to run an electric furnace or electric baseboard outfit. My jenny is something like 8500w (maybe 10,000w), and I can't use 220. no dryer, no stove, and heck even no microwave. It will run the rest of the house just fine.

Offline mikezpen

I doubt if much w.happen to them even if they're caught.Maybe a  year or two at most in jail.

Offline LegalAmerican

If they so dearly want to become one with the Planet, perhaps they should take immediate steps to return their nutrients to the soil--all of them.

I would support that. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:28:51 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Smokin Joe

It's tough getting BTUs out of a jenny... use it to run the fan on a GFA or propane furnace, sure... But you need a whoppin jenny to run an electric furnace or electric baseboard outfit. My jenny is something like 8500w (maybe 10,000w), and I can't use 220. no dryer, no stove, and heck even no microwave. It will run the rest of the house just fine.
How about one of those infrared heaters?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

I don't know about three,but the regular heat source and a backup cast iron stove or propane heater at a minimum,as well as very warm clothes.

I hesitate to suggest one room be super-insulated due to the fact some idiots will take it too far and not have a working exhaust system to rid the room of stale air. We all know what happens if there is no system in place to allow fresh air into the room. Granted,it's not much of a problem because most houses are not that air-tight,but it COULD be a problem if someone that doesn't know what they are doing basically seals one room off from the rest of the house,and doesn't allow for fresh air circulation.

If you live in a house with a fireplace and a garage or an outbuilding,it should be easy to just stockpile split wood where it is dry and readily available to feed your fireplace or mo betta,cast iron stove. You could concentrate on heating that one area of the house,and just crawl under plenty of covers when you go to bed,or bed down in a sleeping bag.

Apartment dwellers are screwed,though. About all they can do is get into their cars and drive someplace warm and look for a job.

Make no mistake about it,though. This WAS an act of terrorism,and innocent people will die because of it.

There should be appropriate consequences.

BTW,I haven't heard if they have any suspects or any arrests have been made yet. Are the authorities even looking?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!