Author Topic: Reports: Los Angeles Hospitals at Capacity, Turning Away Ambulances, Planning for Rationed Care as C  (Read 446 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.breitbart.com/science/2020/12/29/reports-los-angeles-hospitals-at-capacity-turning-away-ambulances-planning-for-rationed-care-as-covid-death-toll-mounts/

Reports: Los Angeles Hospitals at Capacity, Turning Away Ambulances, Planning for Rationed Care as COVID Death Toll Mounts
REBECCA MANSOUR
29 Dec 2020

Los Angeles area hospitals are at a breaking point due to the coronavirus pandemic in Southern California, where the mounting death toll has overwhelmed intensive care units and led to contingency plans for possibly rationing care.

Though coronavirus hospitalizations are stabilizing in parts of California, patients are still overwhelming hospitals in a large swath of the state, leading California Gov. Gavin Newsom to warn that the state must brace for the effect of a “surge on top of a surge” from recent holiday travel.

Intensive care units in Southern California and the agricultural San Joaquin Valley have no capacity remaining, according to state figures.

Over the weekend, most Los Angeles County hospitals reached a crisis point where they had to divert ambulances because they didn’t have beds available.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Sunday night was the breaking point for hospitals like USC Medical Center, where at least 30 patients could not get beds for intensive or intermediate care, and the hospitals was forced to turn away all ambulance traffic for 12 hours.

More at URL above...

Poster's comment:
Not that long ago, Rush Limbaugh had a doctor call in, and Rush gave him some time to talk about the covid epidemic.

The doctor confirmed something I've suspected from early on (and which I recall posting about back around late March or early April this year), but have seen mentioned nowhere else:

A very large number of cases (the doctor said 71% where he was) are amongst Hispanics.

I had posted that this could be because of the "male macho" culture that Hispanics have, and that they didn't seem to "distance" themselves from one another as Anglos were doing. The doctor supposed it could be due to the crowded conditions under which many illegals live.

This could explain the problems in Southern California (of course).
I wouldn't be surprised if the same high rates of infection exist in other areas which have large concentrations of Hispanics, particularly illegals.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess they shouldn't have thrown out all those beds?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

friggin idiocy...

share of the pie mentality.

If you ain't got enough pie to go around - make more damn pie...
It ain't that hard.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How are those lockdowns working, Gavin?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

https://www.breitbart.com/science/2020/12/29/reports-los-angeles-hospitals-at-capacity-turning-away-ambulances-planning-for-rationed-care-as-covid-death-toll-mounts/

Reports: Los Angeles Hospitals at Capacity, Turning Away Ambulances, Planning for Rationed Care as COVID Death Toll Mounts
REBECCA MANSOUR
29 Dec 2020

Los Angeles area hospitals are at a breaking point due to the coronavirus pandemic in Southern California, where the mounting death toll has overwhelmed intensive care units and led to contingency plans for possibly rationing care.

Though coronavirus hospitalizations are stabilizing in parts of California, patients are still overwhelming hospitals in a large swath of the state, leading California Gov. Gavin Newsom to warn that the state must brace for the effect of a “surge on top of a surge” from recent holiday travel.

Intensive care units in Southern California and the agricultural San Joaquin Valley have no capacity remaining, according to state figures.

Over the weekend, most Los Angeles County hospitals reached a crisis point where they had to divert ambulances because they didn’t have beds available.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Sunday night was the breaking point for hospitals like USC Medical Center, where at least 30 patients could not get beds for intensive or intermediate care, and the hospitals was forced to turn away all ambulance traffic for 12 hours.

More at URL above...

Poster's comment:
Not that long ago, Rush Limbaugh had a doctor call in, and Rush gave him some time to talk about the covid epidemic.

The doctor confirmed something I've suspected from early on (and which I recall posting about back around late March or early April this year), but have seen mentioned nowhere else:

A very large number of cases (the doctor said 71% where he was) are amongst Hispanics.

I had posted that this could be because of the "male macho" culture that Hispanics have, and that they didn't seem to "distance" themselves from one another as Anglos were doing. The doctor supposed it could be due to the crowded conditions under which many illegals live.

This could explain the problems in Southern California (of course).
I wouldn't be surprised if the same high rates of infection exist in other areas which have large concentrations of Hispanics, particularly illegals.

Nothing against you fisherman.  I say this story is not fully correct. MOST ARE ON MEDICAID.....each state has their own amount.  Illegals use that for their health care.  WELFARE money for them is running out?  Holiday, they party, drink, etc.  Get run down.  Still, trying to 'push' the 'covid' scare.  Take this story with grain of salt.   MEDICAID ISSUES...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A few years ago Hispanics comprised 37 percent of the population.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

How are those lockdowns working, Gavin?
My daughter had the Covid. So did her circle of friends. Light flu, all recovered in a week. One of her friends is doing his premed in an ER in SoCal, says it’s no big deal. My buddy’s 87 year old father, who was recovering from a broken neck, contracted Covid. Recovered in a week. It is a scam.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:35:42 am by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

My daughter had the Covid. So did her circle of friends. Light flu, all recovered in a week. One of her friends is doing his premed in an ER in SoCal, says it’s no big deal. My buddy’s 87 year old father, who was recovering from a broken neck, contracted Covid. Recovered in a week. It is a scam.

A Representative-elect from Louisiana died of Covid a day or two ago, at age 49. A friend of mine and his wife got Covid a month or two ago: he recovered relatively easily; she had to be hospitalized and intubated. Thankfully she survived. After being taken off the ventilator she suffered from a (hopefully) temporary dementia from the Covid. Last I heard she is recovering from that as well and is in a SNF.

Covid-19 is not a scam, it affects different people differently.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.