Author Topic: Trump complains that Melania has not featured on a single major magazine cover while First Lady - af  (Read 2693 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Geez, @Right_in_Virginia, please give warnings before posting all those worshipful magazine covers of Mooch-chelle and Her Thighness:silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All headlines proclaiming her as miserable.

And none of the magazines could be called "Fashion Publications."  They're all gossip rags with shiny paper.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Iconic! Diva! Yassssss....Slay, Queen!"

Second Time cover. Top row second from the left.  TIME spelled the word "Ass" wrong.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Well, maybe after she leaves the WH she can do a few cover shots for a magazine. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, maybe after she leaves the WH she can do a few cover shots for a magazine.

Only if she dumps The Donald.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Melania's English is spot on.  Her French, German, and Italian aren't bad either.

It is ludicrous to suggest that Melania isn't personable because of her accent, and thus disqualifies her from positive media portrayals.

I remember when the president was accused of being xenophobic. The man that hated immigrants so much that he married two of them, Ivana and Melania.

I also remember the left was saying we should celebrate diversity, yet the First Lady was lumped in with haters. Melania, who took the time and effort to learn four diverse languages besides her native Slovenian. What a hater she is.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Geez, @Right_in_Virginia, please give warnings before posting all those worshipful magazine covers of Mooch-chelle and Her Thighness:silly:

Sorry ... I probably should have included a "Warning!" @PeteS in CA

But I wanted to show how the media created, yes, created, Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama.  Just read the blurbs on the magazine covers:  "The First Lady the world has been waiting for" ... etc.

And also show how the media worked so hard to destroy Melania Trump by simply ignoring her and leaving  the only magazine covers to the rags with asinine, demeaning headlines about her.  The one, ONE, magazine with a beautiful photo of FLOTUS on the cover and semi-positive article was published only in Spain.

Just offering some concrete proof that the President retweeting someone's mention of this is not ridiculous.

Offline Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia

Nechama Rivlin's moving gift to Melania Trump and the First Son

JOY BERNARD   MAY 24, 2017 14:58

US First Lady Melania Trump was the recipient of one very moving gift dedicated to her 11-year-old son Barron by none other than Israel's First Lady, Nechama Rivlin (wife of President Reuven Rivlin) during the former's stay in Israel.
.  .  .  . 

Trump and his wife also spent an afternoon visit at the President's Residence in the capital on Monday, where Nechama surprised Melania with the touching present: a book about a mother-son relationship meant for the First Lady to enjoy alongside her son, Trump's fifth and youngest child.

The book, titled "Hug," and given to Melania in copies in three languages (English, Hebrew and Arabic) was written by world-renowned Israeli author David Grossman. Grossman, a Man Booker Prize nominee, is mostly known for his adult literature, and has penned significant oeuvres that were translated into 30 languages such as "Some to Run With," "Be My Knife," and "To the End of the Land."

"Hug" tells the story of a mother and a son who go on a walk. The child, named Ben, expresses his concern that he is alone in the world because he is "special." His mother reassures him that despite his being one of a kind, he will never be truly alone.

Nechama Rivlin appears to have picked the present carefully, as its plot seems to be a nod at the struggles Trump's only child may possibly be facing as his family is at the center of public attention, making the First Son a very special boy indeed.

Melania reportedly reacted to the present emotionally, and understood immediately that the novel was intended for her and Barron.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Nechama-Rivlins-moving-gift-to-Melania-Trump-and-the-First-Son-493768

Could not find a single US media account of this moving story.  Nechama Rivlin died in June 2019.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

@Right_in_Virginia

Nechama Rivlin's moving gift to Melania Trump and the First Son

Thanks for posting this @Hoodat    I hadn't seen this before.  It's really a beautiful moment --- I'm glad they both got to share it.