Author Topic: Explosion rocks downtown Nashville on Christmas Day  (Read 7686 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Explosion rocks downtown Nashville on Christmas Day
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2020, 08:07:58 pm »
Trump will resolve the matter as soon as he finishes his weekend rounds of Golf.

A former member earned ouster, for joking about tragedy.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2020, 08:11:26 pm »
Well, cell systems are buried down in Nashville. Even yet. Finally got in touch with my bro w/ phone over WhatsApp. been trying otherwise from both directions all day.

Same with me.  Was able to talk with some of my family there earlier this AM, but not now, and no response to text messages either.  They are all in the suburbs and I know safe.  Local news there is reporting cell service, including 911 capabilities, are affected as far away as Louisville KY and east as far as Knoxville TN.
James 1:20

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2020, 08:15:51 pm »
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/12/25/christmas-bombing-nashville-three-injured-no-motives-yet/

At the moment, this appears to be an act of terrorism of some kind, although the FBI will have to make that determination itself. If it was an act of terrorism, it will be the most significant bombing in the US in years. Assuming that this was a terrorist act, it seems very unlikely to be foreign or foreign-inspired, as those attacks almost always target large numbers of civilians.

Given the sequence of events thus far, the target at least appears to be the police department in Nashville. The so-far bogus call of shots fired would have drawn a significant response from the police, and in fact did. Right now, the worry would be that the bomber might have set up a multi-level trap:
As Campbell says, “there’s a lot we don’t know” at this point. But Campbell, a former FBI investigator himself, says that it’s clear that this wasn’t designed to be a mass casualty event, and it also doesn’t appear to have been designed to bring down buildings a la Oklahoma City 1995. It could be a statement bombing, although one in which no one has yet claimed responsibility. It could also be a trap to take out some police officers in the line of duty.
NBC News
@NBCNews
JUST IN: Nashville police say they arrived at a “shots fired” call Friday morning and encountered an RV with a recording “saying that a potential bomb would detonate within 15 minutes.”

Police sought to evacuate the area before the RV exploded.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2020, 08:22:51 pm »
  Local news there is reporting cell service, including 911 capabilities, are affected as far away as Louisville KY and east as far as Knoxville TN.
Wow, that's incredible.

Related:
Jennifer Franco    @jennfranconews
BREAKING: The Federal Aviation Administration temporarily halted flights out of Nashville International Airport due to telecommunications issues associated with the explosion in downtown Nashville. Service was expected to resume by 3 p.m. local time.(Per AP)
3:44 PM · Dec 25, 2020·
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:53:04 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2020, 08:24:20 pm »
I don't think the goal was massive death, so that rules out a Moslem attack.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2020, 08:32:48 pm »
Breaking911  @Breaking911
6m
BREAKING PHOTO: This is the RV that exploded on 2nd Ave N this morning in Downtown Nashville. It arrived at 1:22 a.m.
CALL FBI IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE TIPS!

3:25 PM · Dec 25, 2020·

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2020, 08:38:32 pm »
Wow, that's incredible.

The bomb, in an RV, was immediately outside an ATT data/switching center, located in a non-descript building along the west side of Second Ave in downtown Nashville.  It's not known whether that ATT center was actually the target.  Damage to the exterior of the building is apparent in local TV news coverage but the building is basically intact; reports are that capabilities within the building have been damaged, leading to wide-spread disruption in communications.

Immediately across the street, on the east side of Second Ave, is a row of much older buildings that date back to the Riverboat commerce days of the mid-1800s.  They've been largely refurbished and converted but from exterior casual inspection are obviously old buildings.  Damage in those buildings is severe in places and initial speculation is that some might have to be condemned.

In fact there is evidence that the desire was to *minimize* deaths; a loud, taped announcement from the RV warned of imminent detonation and alerted people to evacuate for several minutes before the blast.  That announcement spurred the local PD (known in my day simply as "Metro") to evacuate people quickly once they arrived to investigate reports of shots fired.  I've seen nothing in news coverage about actual shots fired, only that people reported such; that could have been some sort of louder attention-getting feature of the recorded message, setting into motion the events leading to the explosion.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:56:30 pm by HoustonSam »
James 1:20

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2020, 09:02:25 pm »
Breaking911
@Breaking911

BREAKING: Audio warning was being broadcast before explosion rocked downtown Nashville. Video shows moment of blast.

Video:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1342521448414539782

12:23 PM · Dec 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2020, 09:05:18 pm »
Vicente
@MaitreV615

If you’re in Nashville, @NC5 has one of the residents of building who made police call. Lady is saying if the warning wasn’t made, she’d be dead

Video:  

https://twitter.com/MaitreV615/status/1342522127107432453

12:26 PM · Dec 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2020, 09:16:36 pm »
The Associated Press
@AP

BREAKING: Flights out of Nashville airport have been halted due to telecommunications issues associated with explosion downtown. Police say an RV exploded outside a building housing AT&T network equipment. 911 systems up to 180 miles away were knocked out.

3:43 PM · Dec 25, 2020·SocialFlow
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1342571619068375040

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2020, 09:16:54 pm »
Same with me.  Was able to talk with some of my family there earlier this AM, but not now, and no response to text messages either.  They are all in the suburbs and I know safe.  Local news there is reporting cell service, including 911 capabilities, are affected as far away as Louisville KY and east as far as Knoxville TN.

Internet is still fine both south (Brentwood through Thomson Station area) and east (East Nashville proper Lockland Springs out to Hermitage)... WhatsApp phone and Skype phone working, no problem.

Mine are all alright, and glad yours are too...  :beer:

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2020, 09:19:29 pm »
Breaking911
@Breaking911

DEVELOPING: AT&T suffering phone, internet & 911 center outages across middle Tennessee & Kentucky after bombing in front of their downtown Nashville facility.

2:56 PM · Dec 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1342559820470243330

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2020, 09:22:35 pm »
Julie Hunt 😀
@patslaxmom11

In my opinion they were after the ATT data center. The explosion was right next to it. Look at the outage map. Weird thing is everything was fine until 30 minutes ago...then everything went down. I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist but there’s some weird stuff going on.

1:44 PM · Dec 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/patslaxmom11/status/1342541724904693761

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 10:06:24 pm »
Julie Hunt 😀
@patslaxmom11

In my opinion they were after the ATT data center. The explosion was right next to it. Look at the outage map. Weird thing is everything was fine until 30 minutes ago...then everything went down. I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist but there’s some weird stuff going on.

1:44 PM · Dec 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/patslaxmom11/status/1342541724904693761
I believe you may be correct. The idea that the bombers may have called police to the scene for the type of call that would elicit a large response, announced that there would be a detonation with enough time to clear people from the area before the explosion, indicates this was not intended to kill people, rather to damage a specific target.

Also, an Explosion at a steel factory in Hamilton, Ontario, which has the brown cloud reminiscent of the ammonium nitrate explosion in Beiruit. https://www.todocanada.ca/no-injuries-no-evacuations-following-large-explosion-at-hamilton-steel-plant-police/ Ontario video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1342515829733265410

I am not sure if there is any communications infrastructure in the Ontario explosion, or if there is any relation between the two.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 10:08:38 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2020, 10:13:15 pm »

Image shows the RV which reportedly exploded at 6:30 a.m. CT in Nashville, Tenn., on 2nd Ave N on Dec. 25. (Metro Nashville Police Department)
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2020, 10:16:45 pm »
Maybe it was cousin eddy emtying his toilet?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2020, 10:21:02 pm »
Maybe it was cousin eddy emtying his toilet?

The shitter is no longer full.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2020, 10:23:24 pm »
Trump will resolve the matter as soon as he finishes his weekend rounds of Golf.
For someone constantly touting how intelligent they are, that was an asinine comment. Don't look now but hate is showing.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2020, 11:06:35 pm »
From RinVa's post 37 above:
Julie Hunt: "In my opinion they were after the ATT data center. The explosion was right next to it. Look at the outage map. Weird thing is everything was fine until 30 minutes ago...then everything went down. I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist but there’s some weird stuff going on."

How about antifa/blm, perhaps with considerable help from "underground apparati" with whom they are associated, "testing out" capabilities with an eye on "future operations"?

And I'll bet you thought the violence was gonna "calm down" as soon as they installed biden-harris as their puppets, eh...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2020, 11:18:27 pm »
From RinVa's post 37 above:
Julie Hunt: "In my opinion they were after the ATT data center. The explosion was right next to it. Look at the outage map. Weird thing is everything was fine until 30 minutes ago...then everything went down. I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist but there’s some weird stuff going on."

How about antifa/blm, perhaps with considerable help from "underground apparati" with whom they are associated, "testing out" capabilities with an eye on "future operations"?

And I'll bet you thought the violence was gonna "calm down" as soon as they installed biden-harris as their puppets, eh...?
Considering the 911 ops are compromised in the region, there might be an ulterior (criminal) motive. How many alarm connections have been shut down, and what high value larceny targets are in that area? This might be motivated by nothing more than money, and not political at all.

But, the next question is where data lines from Georgia route through on their way overseas...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2020, 11:20:53 pm »
Considering the 911 ops are compromised in the region, there might be an ulterior (criminal) motive. How many alarm connections have been shut down, and what high value larceny targets are in that area? This might be motivated by nothing more than money, and not political at all.

But, the next question is where data lines from Georgia route through on their way overseas...

The Denver Airport
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2020, 11:32:07 pm »
They have the surveillance shot from 1:22 a.m., so one would think the RV showed up in other video for the several more hours before the explosion. It's downtown; there should be cameras on every corner. Maybe one of those photos shows the tag or some other identifying information.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2020, 11:34:12 pm »
Nashville explosion witness: Apartment demolished, windows blown to the back
RV reportedly parked near 2nd & Commerce at 1:22 am before later exploding.
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

A witness and victim of the mysterious bombing in Nashville, Tenn., early Friday told Fox News that most of his possessions, including his apartment are a total loss, and that he is thankful he was not in the front room of his when the blast went off.

Buck McCoy, a musician, had awakened early Christmas morning to gunshots and walked to the front windows of his loft apartment to see what was happening below on Second Avenue North, he told "America's News HQ."

McCoy said he didn't immediately see anything that could have been the source of the gunfire and went to the rear of his apartment to sleep.

However, he heard more gunshots but he chose not to get up, he said.

"Within ten minutes, I was laying in bed," McCoy said. There was just the biggest explosion I have ever, ever heard. It just knocked the windows from the front room into the back. It knocked the front door off the hinges."

Water was pouring from all the pipes, and there was dust everywhere, he said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-explosion-witness-apartment-completely-demolished-windows-blown-to-the-back
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2020, 11:39:41 pm »
Human remains found in vicinity. Relationship to RV explosion, if any, not known. https://apnews.com/article/Nashville-explosion-Christmas-52708bfd05e4f6ff433cc404443c65d4

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2020, 11:47:51 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****  Now every idling vehicle is suspect.
Several downtown streets closed as police investigate suspicious RV
by Katherine Barrier, WKRCFriday, December 25th 2020

CINCINNATI
(WKRC) - Several streets in downtown Cincinnati are closed as authorities investigate a suspicious RV.

Police said they were called to Sixth Street near the federal building Friday afternoon to look into an RV with its engine running. Police said the investigation is out of an abundance of caution following an RV explosion in Nashville Friday. Authorities in Tennessee believe the explosion was an "intentional act."

The armed response team has been activated, and police are using explosion detection K9s to clear the scene. They say, at this time, there is nothing else of a suspicious nature. ...
UPDATE: false alarm (not surprisingly).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:29:11 am by mountaineer »