Author Topic: High-Speed Crash Splits Car In Half, Leaves 5 Dead  (Read 966 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
High-Speed Crash Splits Car In Half, Leaves 5 Dead
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:44:01 pm »
Brianna Lyman
Reporter
December 23, 2020 10:25 AM ET

A high speed crash in Yonkers, New York, split a car in half and left five people dead Tuesday night.

The unidentified 36-year-old driver of a 2009 Infiniti sedan crashed into a 2006 Nissan sedan that was carrying four 18-year-olds, according to a statement from Yonkers Police.

All four teens were ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene while the 36-year-old driver was extricated from his vehicle. The driver later succumbed to his injuries at a local trauma center, police said.

The story was first reported by ABC7 New York.

Surveillance video from a gas station reportedly showed a vehicle traveling down Riverdale Avenue at “an extreme rate of speed” around 9:30 p.m. before pummeling into the car with the four young men inside, splitting it in half, according to NBC 4 New York.

Seconds later, a Yonkers Police cruiser was seen responding to the crash, according to the report.

Derick Waller
@wallerABC7
BREAKING overnight — fatal crash ends with a car in multiple pieces across Riverdale Ave. in #Yonkers. At least two people are confirmed dead. Several others hospitalized in unknown condition. The latest on channel 7. #abc7NY

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/12/23/yonkers-new-york-crash-five-dead-car-split-half/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: High-Speed Crash Splits Car In Half, Leaves 5 Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:17:03 pm »
Nasty!

Back in the winter of 73? a friend of mine lost control of his car in the snow and slid sideways into a telephone pole, which sheared his car in half. He was untouched. He walked home and his brother didn't believe him, so they drove back to show him. When they got there the fire dept and the police were probing the snow all over looking for a body.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 07:24:41 pm »
Are those bullet holes in the windows of that white car?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:41:22 pm »
Anyone recall the Signal 30 films that were shown at school from the 60's?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 08:59:11 pm »
Okay, it's a terrible thing five lives lost but you know what sticks with me reading the excerpt?

â€œan extreme rate of speed” around 9:30 p.m. before pummeling into the car with the four young men inside, splitting it in half, according to NBC 4 New York.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 07:35:58 am »
How does a car cut another in half?

People I know that drive Infinitis drive like they are the Indianapolis Speedway all the time.

If I had to guess, drug dealer or gang member driving the Infiniti.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 02:38:26 pm »
How does a car cut another in half?

People I know that drive Infinitis drive like they are the Indianapolis Speedway all the time.

If I had to guess, drug dealer or gang member driving the Infiniti.
My wife drove an Infiniti Q35 and it was an exceptionally fast car.  She was neither a drug dealer or a gang member, but still managed to get a ticket on the day after she initially picked it up at dealer while she was driving to a funeral.

Fortunately no wrecks, and I was sure glad when we replaced the car for a Buick.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 02:39:24 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 02:57:00 pm »

I wondered about that, too.

It would lend more weight to the theory of a drug or gang connection, wouldn't it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 03:11:42 pm »
I wondered about that, too.

It would lend more weight to the theory of a drug or gang connection, wouldn't it.

The car with the teens was making a turn onto Riverdale Ave. from a side street when the Infiniti roared into their Nissan, tearing the vehicle in half. A video captured Haywood’s vehicle roaring through an intersection before the collision about a mile from the location where cops tried to pull him over.

Yonkers police said Haywood had a prior history of reckless driving and a long rap sheet, including arrests on drug and weapon charges since 2003. He spent four years in prison after a 2005 guilty plea to selling crack cocaine, and was jailed again in 2019 after pleading to felony drug possession, authorities said.

I'm sure Haywood was turning his life around and just made some poor choices. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2020, 03:50:58 pm »
I'm sure Haywood was turning his life around and just made some poor choices. /s

Oh, yes, I'm sure you're right.

Thanks for the additional context.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2020, 02:58:52 am »
Anyone recall the Signal 30 films that were shown at school from the 60's?
Yep. But I was in the VFD in High School, and didn't need to see the movies. We ran a lot of vehicle crashes, some very severe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 03:01:15 am »
That would be my guess. There appears to be one in the door also., and another in the roof post.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 09:03:16 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 07:41:56 am »
Well, if the drug dealer has any assets, I hope the families of the four dead he killed sue for every dime.

I went to an Infiniti dealer, and took a test drive in a Q50 red S version.  I drove, and the salesman said 'pull over.  I want to show you what she can do.'  He took me to a highway, and on the acceleration up the ramp to the highway, I leaned over to look at the speedo, he was going 145 miles per hour.  I said to him, 'you do know if you get pulled over, you lose your job, and at that speed, you might just end up behind bars.'  It felt like we were going 50 mph, but of course I knew we were flying.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2020, 07:56:40 am »

@catfish1957

Sure look like it,don't they?

Could be a good first clue as to why the driver was going so fast.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2020, 08:00:05 am »

@Wingnut

He wuza gud boi,what wuz try-in to git his life tagathur,n try-in to deside witch ob hiz babie mamas to marry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!