Author Topic: Millions of people missed vital medical scans in England this year as NHS hospitals cut capacity by  (Read 295 times)

rangerrebew

Millions of people missed vital medical scans in England this year as NHS hospitals cut capacity by up to 89% to make room for coronavirus patients

Investigation found scan capacity was cut by a third in most regions of England
    MRI and CT scans, and X-rays were all scaled back to make way for Covid care
    Cancers may have been allowed to grow for weeks or months because of delays
    Health experts now fear a time bomb of ill health as people return to clinics

By Sam Blanchard Senior Health Reporter For Mailonline

Published: 04:37 EST, 17 December 2020 | Updated: 05:14 EST, 17 December 2020

Millions of medical scans were cancelled during the first wave of the Covid crisis as NHS hospitals scrambled to free up space for coronavirus patients, data shows.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9059939/NHS-hospitals-cut-capacity-89-coronavirus-wave.html

rangerrebew

I see no reason to believe the same isn't happening in the US, just Fauci and his gang hiding it.  As another thought, I am having heart surgery tomorrow which has been put off twice because of COVID, I have had 7 tests in the past two months and have been negativeon each.  How many others in need of heart surgery have been put off because of COVID?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I see no reason to believe the same isn't happening in the US, just Fauci and his gang hiding it.  As another thought, I am having heart surgery tomorrow which has been put off twice because of COVID, I have had 7 tests in the past two months and have been negativeon each.  How many others in need of heart surgery have been put off because of COVID?

It most certainly is going on here.  It's difficult scheduling routine procedures like mammograms and colonoscopies, people are waiting for months to get them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It most certainly is going on here.  It's difficult scheduling routine procedures like mammograms and colonoscopies, people are waiting for months to get them.
I don't doubt it,  and yet when my 89 year old mother was concerned about an issue with her breast her doctor set her up for a mammogram even though he was sure that the issue had resolved itself by the time she saw him. He did this to ease her mind. From the time I asked for her doctors appt. to seeing him was less than a week and the time between his referral for the mammogram to her appt. was again less than a week and this was with Kaiser who I was of the opinion was crap when  had them but they have always given my mom excellent care.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't doubt it,  and yet when my 89 year old mother was concerned about an issue with her breast her doctor set her up for a mammogram even though he was sure that the issue had resolved itself by the time she saw him. He did this to ease her mind. From the time I asked for her doctors appt. to seeing him was less than a week and the time between his referral for the mammogram to her appt. was again less than a week and this was with Kaiser who I was of the opinion was crap when  had them but they have always given my mom excellent care.

I'm very glad it worked out well for your Mom!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: