Author Topic: Dow sinks 200 points following news of new coronavirus strain  (Read 389 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dow sinks 200 points following news of new coronavirus strain
« on: December 21, 2020, 02:53:32 pm »
Dow sinks 200 points following news of new coronavirus strain
By Niv Elis - 12/21/20 09:49 AM EST

Stock markets dropped early Monday following an announcement that a more contagious new strain of the coronavirus had spread in London and other parts of England.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 200 points, or 0.7 percent, and the S&P 500 fell 36 points, or 1 percent.

The U.K.’s announcement that the new strain was as much as 70 percent more contagious has led to flight cancellations and border closures, and raised concerns that the pandemic could become harder to control.

The losses also follow a deal in Congress on a $900 billion COVID-19 relief package that will extend and expand emergency unemployment benefits, include a round of $600 stimulus checks and provide small business relief.

While markets have been watching stimulus negotiations for weeks, the agreement appeared to be eclipsed by the new U.K. strain of the coronavirus.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/531112-dow-sinks-200-points-following-news-of-new-coronavirus-strain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: Dow sinks 200 points following news of new coronavirus strain
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 03:33:30 pm »
It is not a new 'strain' it is how they work.  Kill the host that 'strain' goes away.

Don't kill the host that 'strain' thrives.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 04:04:38 pm »
Markets are stabalizing at about a general 1% loss for today.  Think markets are more reacting to the 4% drop in crude today vs  any CV-19 news.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 10:17:11 pm »
I thought the euphoria of electing Biden was going to break market records in the positive, not negative direction?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 10:28:41 pm »
I thought the euphoria of electing Biden was going to break market records in the positive, not negative direction?

Sloe Joe will ensure that the economy collapses by insisting on shutting down again.  Our only hope is if governors refuse. He might sue states just like Bammy did with AZ.  With our whimpy SOCTUS and the DEMS packing the courts I see little chance of state's winning fights. I think we may see states collectively try to secede.  It will be up to "We the People" to fight back.

The markets will tank. 

If anyone thinks that we are going to see another election or retain our Republic under Biden, they are dreaming.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.