No, not if If I can help it
13 (23.2%)
NOT NO, BUT HELL NO
23 (41.1%)
Only if my pot dealer requires me to do so
10 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: February 15, 2021, 12:57:22 am

Author Topic: Will you take the Covid19 shot?  (Read 9301 times)

Online corbe

Will you take the Covid19 shot?
« on: December 20, 2020, 11:42:31 pm »
   What say you, Briefers?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Will you take the Covid19 shot?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 11:51:23 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 12:00:14 am »
I haven't received a vaccine since I was a kid and got the measles shot. In all these years, I have not gotten the flu, pneumonia or anything else against which a vaccine exists.

I envision the situation, however, where it comes time for me to have a hip (or knee) replaced because the pain is just too unbearable, and the surgeon tells me that they are required - under penalty of losing their licenses and having the practice shuttered - to give me a COVID shot before they can do the surgery. That's not much of a choice. I also expect the government, especially if Biden/HeelsUp are in charge, to make proof of receiving the vaccine a condition of being permitted to board a flight or even to receive gubmint benefits, from Social Security to student loans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 12:17:47 am »
No. I think it is going to prove to be more detrimental than beneficial.  I DO NOT TRUST OUR GOVERNMENT PERIOD.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 12:24:41 am »
No. I think it is going to prove to be more detrimental than beneficial.  I DO NOT TRUST OUR GOVERNMENT PERIOD.

I am a geezer.  I have no comorbid shit to deal with.  I ain't fat, I ain't got the sugars nor high blood pressure. I have the blood type the rona hates.....so i'll take my chances and live my life without a shot in the dark.  Give my dose to Obumer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 12:26:33 am »
Flat nope.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 12:31:33 am »

I wonder how many people are going to actually die from the vaccine?

Though not funny, maybe a few people would wake up.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 12:34:58 am »
Maybe. I need to read up on the safety and efficacy of it.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 01:46:06 pm »
Only if @corbe says so. Lol.  :whistle:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 09:39:29 pm »
When available for the general public, I will get the shot.  Not for humanity but for myself and my family.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 10:15:46 pm »
Maybe. I need to read up on the safety and efficacy of it.
Same. As I said before, being in the far back of the line I have the benefit of waiting and seeing, but I'm desperate enough to get back to normal socializing that I will seriously consider it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 10:32:10 pm »
When available for the general public, I will get the shot.  Not for humanity but for myself and my family.

Same. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 11:28:46 pm »
Same. As I said before, being in the far back of the line I have the benefit of waiting and seeing, but I'm desperate enough to get back to normal socializing that I will seriously consider it.

The vaccine won't get anything back to "normal."  King Fauchi has already decreed masks, Social Distancing and business closings must continue for another year, longer if there's a new strain.

Now that the leftists have gotten a taste, masks and such are here forever.  Suck it up,  infidel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 12:29:23 am »
Only if @corbe says so. Lol.  :whistle:

IMHO medical marijuana/CBD oil, or some really good pot will probably work far better than any vaccine and is a heck of a lot better for the body and the immune system.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 12:42:59 am »
IMHO medical marijuana/CBD oil, or some really good pot will probably work far better than any vaccine and is a heck of a lot better for the body and the immune system.

From first hand experience I know that when I'm Stoned I don't think about Covid, Stolen Elections or much of anything except Sexy Woman and Doritos.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 12:46:52 am »
   From first hand experience I know that when I'm Stoned I don't think about Covid, Stolen Elections or much of anything except Sexy Woman and Doritos.

There you go....mind over matter and keeping positive thoughts....works much better then dwelling on the negative....the mind can cure.  :beer: :beer:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 02:04:25 am »
Wingnut...
I have the blood type the rona hates.
I missed this.  What blood type does COVID not like?   Literally, folks are not getting it with this blood type?

Perhaps you heard, Azar is planning to get the Moderna vaccine.  I suggest his inside knowledge may mean something.

I have no intention to get it.  My wife is ready to get it, and I have pleaded with her to hold off.  She anticipates getting deployed on COVID again for the month of February, so she will most likely be required to get it.  She has been inspecting nursing homes.  Holding off until the end of January will tell us a little bit about the reactions to the vaccine.

I am 67, have zero health conditions, and I seldom get viruses.  So, I am inclined not to get it unless it is required.  I have a cruise booked for the end of 2021.  I can see the cruise industry requiring the vaccine.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 02:08:29 am »
Jafo, people with type O are less likely to get the rona.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 02:15:24 am »
Husband had his first shot last week..no side affects
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 07:25:18 am »
Nope. Too late for me. Already have the virus. Once I beat the virus there is no reason to take the shots.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 09:05:49 am »
I am a geezer.  I have no comorbid shit to deal with.  I ain't fat, I ain't got the sugars nor high blood pressure. I have the blood type the rona hates.....so i'll take my chances and live my life without a shot in the dark.  Give my dose to Obumer.
Pretty much describes my situation as well. Only tetanus shots in the last few years and one shot of a pneumonia vaccine. No flu shots and no flu. rarely (like maybe one a decade) a cold. No thanks. If I haven't already had it (which I suspect), I still don't want the vaccine, and if I have, I'll go with the antibodies God gave me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 10:52:44 am »
It’s weird. I always pictured our members younger than me. Late forties.

Now with people calling themselves words like ‘geezer” I have to think you all are a bit older. It’s strange.

The epiphanies you get at 6 am in the morning.  :thud:

And thanks to @corbe i want Doritos and coffee for breakfast.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 10:55:52 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 12:53:10 pm »
It’s weird. I always pictured our members younger than me. Late forties.

I had the impression most were older.  I'm 55.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 01:21:24 pm »
Why aren't they working on a covid3 vaccine?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 01:28:35 pm »
Why aren't they working on a covid3 vaccine?

Sheesh, haven’t you heard?  There’s no plan. Papa Joe is gonna fix that.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck