Author Topic: ATF Decision Could Lead to Biggest Gun Registration, Turn-in Effort in American History  (Read 583 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Free Beacon by Stephen Gutowski 12/17/2020

Agency's vague AR-15 pistol standards could affect millions

New guidance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) could put millions of Americans in legal jeopardy.

The ATF published a notice Thursday that could require millions of AR-15 pistols and similar firearms—which are designed with braces that strap on to a shooter's forearm—to be either registered, turned in, destroyed, or dismantled. But the standards laid out for determining the devices' legality, such as caliber or weight, provide no objective measures, and the agency said it may also use undisclosed factors to judge the legality of the devices.

The agency conceded in the notice that some pistol braces are legal and should not be subject to the registration or destruction requirement. It said, however, that it could not provide a blanket determination for which pistols, or braces with which they're often equipped, are legal and said it would have to examine each gun "on a case-by-case basis." That means owners of the vast majority of the estimated three to four million AR-15 pistols and similar firearms may have to register with the ATF.

Second Amendment advocates were up in arms over the proposed rule, saying the uncertain legal status could destroy several businesses that make pistol braces and harm the gun industry. Erich Pratt, senior vice president of Gun Owners of America (GOA), said the subjective nature of the guidance shows that the "ATF has gone off into the deep end."

More: https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/atf-decision-could-lead-to-biggest-gun-registration-turn-in-effort-in-american-history/

Online libertybele

I wasn't familiar with the AR-15 pistol so I looked it up.

A turn-in effort....even if I owned one ... I would not comply.  Any gun confiscation effort is frightening.  They want our guns period.  We will have no rights if that should happen or if we surrender by any "gun turn-in".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

I wasn't familiar with the AR-15 pistol so I looked it up.

A turn-in effort....even if I owned one ... I would not comply.  Any gun confiscation effort is frightening.  They want our guns period.  We will have no rights if that should happen or if we surrender by any "gun turn-in".

I will not comply with ANY further restrictions.

Online libertybele

I will not comply with ANY further restrictions.

With Biden in office I predict they will make an all out effort to crush the gun and ammo manufacturers.  That's another reason why gun sales have been at an all time high and ammo has been so difficult to purchase.  People have been 'gearing up'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Yeah that’s a solid no from me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!