Author Topic: Mar-a-Lago neighbors say Trump can’t live there after White House  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mar-a-Lago neighbors say Trump can’t live there after White House

President signed 1993 agreement with town that says he cannot live at the club for more than three nonconsecutive weeks in a year
ago resort owned by Donald Trump in Palm Beach, Florida. Photograph: Lynne
Lauren Aratani
Thu 17 Dec 2020 09.18 EST

Neighbors of Donald Trump’s infamous Mar-a-Lago golf club in Palm Beach, Florida are warning the president that he cannot live at the club after he leaves the White House, following an agreement he made with the town in 1993.

In a letter to the town of Palm Beach and the US Secret Service sent this week, a lawyer representing a family that lives next to Mar-a-Lago reiterated that “Mar-a-Lago is a social club, and no one may reside on the property.”

“To avoid an embarrassing situation for everyone and to give the president time to make other living arrangements in the area, we trust you will work with his team to remind them of the use agreement parameters,” wrote Reginald Stambaugh, the lawyer.

more
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/17/trump-mar-a-lago-club-neighbors-florida
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Mar-a-Lago neighbors say Trump can’t live there after White House
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »
Has Trump given any indication whatsoever that he intends to live there after leaving the White House?  Or is this yet another fake outrage media hit job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 07:16:08 pm »
Has Trump given any indication whatsoever that he intends to live there after leaving the White House?  Or is this yet another fake outrage media hit job.
I guess they think they're being edgy and tough with this preemptive move.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 07:18:56 pm »
Are you freaking kidding me?  WTH?  What is wrong with people? All this hate and bitterness is just plain downright ugly.

I would love to be able to afford to live near the Trumps .... I'd try to become best buds with Melania so I could see her shoe collection. happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 10:35:24 pm »
Trump should buy up a bunch of houses in the area where the complainers live, and turn them into homeless shelters.  That would make me grin, especially if he successfully lobbies the city to make an exemption.  Then, he can set up a telescope and watch their neighborhoods turn into shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 10:38:27 pm »
In all fairness I would not want Bush, Obama, Clinton or any ex pres living in my hood.  It is disruptive to normal life.  All ex Presidents should be made to live on a deserted island away from normal Americans. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 10:41:45 pm »
Where ever it is, it better have top notch security.  The rabid left will not relent on attacking him after he leaves the WH.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 12:23:47 am »
I would be very curious to know if that has ever been enforced before and/or if he has ever stayed there for more than 3 weeks in a given year.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra