Author Topic: 6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration  (Read 5030 times)

BassWrangler

Re: 6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2021, 10:56:46 pm »
I got my Marlin 40 years ago. I like the Henry Rifles too (Mrs Joe has one).

That's great. The real Marlins are wonderful.

Henry has finally started putting side loading gates and normal blue-ed receivers (as opposed to that silly polished brass finish). They even have some "tactical" models with threaded barrels.

Offline Freedom2020

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2021, 11:08:21 pm »
Incredibly worthwhile post!

I found the paper in its entirety and downloaded it, and am reading it.
https://www.academia.edu/40455071/Political_Ponerology_A_Science_on_The_Nature_of_Evil_adjusted_for_Political_Purposes

Beyond doubt Dr. Fauci fits the criteria.

The administration of cheap and effective COVID treatments, which also have prophylactic value against the disease, could have provided temporary 'herd immunity' to stop the progress of the pandemic, while those exposed would acquire immunity without requiring, for the most part, so much as hospitaliztion, much less ICU treatments.

Instead, the course chosen has led to tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, economic devastation (seldom noted by those whose salaries are guaranteed from the public coffers) and unaccountable misery for the general population. Furthermore, it has allowed the lesser psychopaths from city managers to Governors and beyond to exert their psychopathic control tendencies to the detriment of populations under that control, even while failing to control egregious mayhem, murder, and violence, indicating a multilevel cooperation of evil, ignoring or promulgating misery in a broad social spectrum.

Claiming that those in DC and elsewhere who have made seriously poor policy decisions are "crazy" might not be very far off the mark.

Thank you for posting that.

You're welcome!  You have understood the scope of Andrew Lobaczweski's prepositions and the implications of his findings for today's world. Please, I am on a crusade trying to make as many people as possible know about Lobaczweski and his team's findings. Please, if you think my text has merit, share it with your friends and conservative colleagues. It is posted in the TRB member articles section (link below) We need to wake people up to what is happening in our societies. Thank you!

Link -->   http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424671.0.html  <--

Offline thackney

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2021, 12:07:38 am »
@thackney no worries.   I didn’t know they existed until recently. 

It’s also available in .308 for people that want a larger round.

And I’m actively on the lookout around here for those Hornaday LEVERevolution rounds.

I have levers in 357 and 44 mag.  I have a box of each if I ever need to reach a little farther or use for hunting.

Steel butt plates and 44 mag are not a wise decision. 
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2021, 12:19:44 am »
A hunting buddy I've known since the 1st grade shot many a deer with his 44mag. Not a lever gun though. He had one of the orig Ruger 44 Carbines.

Offline thackney

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2021, 01:59:02 am »
A hunting buddy I've known since the 1st grade shot many a deer with his 44mag. Not a lever gun though. He had one of the orig Ruger 44 Carbines.

Another 44 steel butt plate, the semi-auto would help a little.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2021, 02:03:38 am »
I have levers in 357 and 44 mag.  I have a box of each if I ever need to reach a little farther or use for hunting.

I've been trying to talk my wife into getting a .357 lever gun since she shoots and carries .357 revolvers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2021, 02:06:57 am »
I've been trying to talk my wife into getting a .357 lever gun since she shoots and carries .357 revolvers.

I really like it fun to shoot.  And 38 give no kick at all for the beginner to try it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2021, 03:35:54 am »

I never found the recoil from the .44 mag Marlin to be objectionable, certainly nothing like a shotgun or .30-06, or higher powered calibers.  A friend had a 7mm Mag he'd built on a synthetic stock for a high country pack gun. Lightweight for packing, but the felt recoil was fairly brutal (three rounds in shirtsleeves and you'd be bruised--and I don't bruise easily).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2021, 03:56:21 am »
I never found the recoil from the .44 mag Marlin to be objectionable, certainly nothing like a shotgun or .30-06, or higher powered calibers.  A friend had a 7mm Mag he'd built on a synthetic stock for a high country pack gun. Lightweight for packing, but the felt recoil was fairly brutal (three rounds in shirtsleeves and you'd be bruised--and I don't bruise easily).

See that's why the 30-30 appeals to me.  I've got a .30 caliber round at a fairly high velocity to get most jobs done and the recoil is that of any M4/M16 I've fire in the last 30 years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2021, 08:35:02 am »
See that's why the 30-30 appeals to me.  I've got a .30 caliber round at a fairly high velocity to get most jobs done and the recoil is that of any M4/M16 I've fire in the last 30 years.
I have used the Marlin as a brush gun down in the breaks where the longest shot likely is under 200 years. It's great for that and I would find it acceptable for situations where there are obstacles (like brush) because of the short length. It was wonderfully accurate right out of the box.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2021, 12:14:57 pm »
@txradioguy

OK,I'm just not a fan of the 5.56mm round. Can see it in something on an Armalite frame,but not with any other type of rifle. MIGHT be ok in a TC Contender with a 14 inch barrel,though.
The TC contender in 5.56 kicks like a mule. My uncle had one. Fired a couple of shots from it and told him I was keeping my Ruger .44.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2021, 12:35:16 pm »
The TC contender in 5.56 kicks like a mule. My uncle had one. Fired a couple of shots from it and told him I was keeping my Ruger .44.

I have a Super 14 357 Herrett barrel for my Contender. It's bullet has as much energy at 100 yds as a 44 pistol bullet has at the muzzle. I also have a 22K Hornet and 45/410 barrel for it. That 45/410 barrel has a removable choke that stops the 410 pellets from spinning before they exit. I've shot many a water moccasin up in the trees while boating with it.  A hunting buddy got one in 30-30 for his dad after using mine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2021, 01:39:06 pm »

@verga

Really? I had one once I got in a trade,and it had the 10 or maybe the 14 inch bull barrel with a scope. SOB would drive tacks at 100 yards,and I don't remember the recoil being a problem.
it
I know this sounds like a stupid question,and apologize in advance if you take offense because offense wasn't meant,but do you "fight" the recoil,or do you allow yourself to "work with it"? Letting the recoil and weapon do what they do naturally instead of trying to use muscle to control it seems to work for me unless I am shooting a rifle with a very poorly designed stock. All you can do in that case is replace the stock with one of proper design.Usually not really much of a problem until you reach the 30 caliber magnum calibers and above,but a really poorly designed stock can beat you to death even with a lesser caliber.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2021, 02:57:45 pm »
Considering what's fixing to happen I'm not sure I'd be even posting the guns I own on the internet.  Sadly mine were all stolen years ago.....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2021, 03:37:25 pm »
Considering what's fixing to happen I'm not sure I'd be even posting the guns I own on the internet.  Sadly mine were all stolen years ago.....

@mrpotatohead

Mine are just waiting for some kind agents of the gooberrmint to come around and collect them.

Offline thackney

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2021, 03:56:54 pm »

For me that is strange.  I have a bolt action 30-06 and a double barrel 12 gauge; both are easier on me than the lever 44. 

I just checked, the 44 is lighter.  That may be the reason for my issue.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2021, 04:23:27 pm »
For me that is strange.  I have a bolt action 30-06 and a double barrel 12 gauge; both are easier on me than the lever 44. 

I just checked, the 44 is lighter.  That may be the reason for my issue.

And lever gun stocks seem to have a shorter length of pull, so you may not be pulling the butt of the stock back fully into your shoulder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2021, 04:26:22 pm »
And lever gun stocks seem to have a shorter length of pull, so you may not be pulling the butt of the stock back fully into your shoulder.

@Elderberry
The buttstock design is where the problem lies. Bad angle,and too thin.

Also,when these rifles were originally designed,they were designed to fire lower pressure black powder loads,so there was no real reason for thicker buttstocks.

Offline thackney

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2021, 04:31:21 pm »

It is a shorter stock.  But I guarantee, every time I lift that gun up, I aim, sign in anticipation, pull it damn tight, before I fire.  I am much more care free with the 12 gauge.  The 30-06 is typically a well planned shot as well.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:32:10 pm by thackney »

Offline thackney

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2021, 04:42:43 pm »
I should also say, I have the same lever rifle in 357, although it has the 16" barrel instead of the 20" barrel on the 44 mag.

The 357 is my favorite shooting gun, although I need to improve the sight.  Something about that little thing I just love.

Any time I go in the back to shoot, I take that regardless of what else I planned to shoot.

I have to admit on the 44, several times I have levered out the remaining shots, because 8 was just too many.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:43:33 pm by thackney »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2021, 05:17:47 pm »
Now my 45-70 doesn't kick me bad at all, even with my hotter reloads. But it has a factory recoil pan on it. As for sights, I'm partial to the Williams Foolproof receiver sights that I've put on my 2 lever guns and my Rem 760 30-06 pump. I can't see putting a scope on carbines, especially lever guns.

Offline verga

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2021, 09:12:24 pm »
@verga

Really? I had one once I got in a trade,and it had the 10 or maybe the 14 inch bull barrel with a scope. SOB would drive tacks at 100 yards,and I don't remember the recoil being a problem.
it
I know this sounds like a stupid question,and apologize in advance if you take offense because offense wasn't meant,but do you "fight" the recoil,or do you allow yourself to "work with it"? Letting the recoil and weapon do what they do naturally instead of trying to use muscle to control it seems to work for me unless I am shooting a rifle with a very poorly designed stock. All you can do in that case is replace the stock with one of proper design.Usually not really much of a problem until you reach the 30 caliber magnum calibers and above,but a really poorly designed stock can beat you to death even with a lesser caliber.
@sneakypete I want to make sure we are talking about the same firearm. This was the TC Contender pistol. This one did not have the "bull" barrel and no scope.
You asked a legitimate question. I learned along time ago not to "fight" the recoil. I started out shooting my Dan Wesson .357, moved up to the colt 1911 .45 and went to the Ruger Redhawk .44 mag. I regularly shoot 12 ga. 3 in mag., a .50 cal Hawken Black powder (Kit built myself). None of them jerked me around like the Contender. He and I went to an indoor range that friends of his owned and I was using the .44. He let me shoot the TC. In the .44 I was using 240 gr. JSP Loaded with 12.7 gr Unique (just checked my reloading lg to make sure.) I did not have a Chrono, but the hornady book says they should have been traveling at around 1230-1250 f/s. He was using somewhere around 45-50 gra. Off the shelf stuff. It should have been traveling 3000-3200 F/s. Both guns weighed in the same neighborhood. Like i said I fired a couple of rounds and gave it back   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

BassWrangler

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2021, 11:32:11 pm »
Now my 45-70 doesn't kick me bad at all, even with my hotter reloads. But it has a factory recoil pan on it. As for sights, I'm partial to the Williams Foolproof receiver sights that I've put on my 2 lever guns and my Rem 760 30-06 pump. I can't see putting a scope on carbines, especially lever guns.

@Elderberry - are those peep sites? I've thought about putting peep sites on my 45-70.

And I totally agree about recoil on the 45-70. You feel it, but it's not painful or anything. I think most people that have issues with recoil are either placing the stock incorrectly up against their collar bone, or they are of light stature and don't have much muscle on their shoulder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2021, 11:32:56 pm »

@Elderberry

I MUCH prefer "ghost sights" on carbines.The easy way to get them is buy a peep sight and then remove the "peep". You are left with an rectangular oval and your eye will automatically center the front sight in the middle of the oval.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2021, 11:36:00 pm »
Like i said I fired a couple of rounds and gave it back

Smart move. If you don't like one for whatever reason,get rid of it and replace it with something you do like.

Makes no sense to "fight gravity".