Author Topic: 6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration  (Read 4996 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: 6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2021, 08:58:50 am »
@sneakypete
based on that last post you're exactly as old as I figured you were! LOL!

@txradioguy

That's odd. I feel older.

BTW you can get a Marlin 336 in 45-70 govt. for a pretty good price these days.

Yeah,but I seem to have lost all interest in shooting,plus I have a ton of medical bills to pay that t,he VA is refusing to pay for various technical reasons,which means I have no money to spend on guns even if I wanted to buy them.

The latest is they are threatening to cut me off because I am refusing to make 500 mile + round trips that include an overnight motel room stay,just to get bandages changed.

Do NOT ask me what *I* think of VA bureaucrats.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2021, 09:08:28 am »
How true. I got pinched once between a 95 Mauser steel butt plate and the shooting bench.

@Elderberry

And the Mauser's had a much better stock design. The Nagant is just brutal when it comes to "felt recoil".

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 09:12:05 am »
I think this is behind CZ trying to buy Colt. But that trend has been ongoing for awhile, Sig, Glock, Kalashnikov USA, etc. Plus we've seen several manufacturers offering AK variants made 100% in the US (Palmetto State Armory, Kalashnikov USA, etc.)

@BassWrangler

I suspect a lot of them did/are doing this because of placing bids on military and other government contracts. Don't know if there is an actual law requiring DoD contracts go to US companies,if they are doing it for tax break reasons,or both,but I  suspect that has a lot to do with it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 09:13:57 am »
They are smart.  They are ahead of the game.

@txradioguy

They also design and manufacture some damn fine firearms. None of that "slapped together" crap you often saw from other former Iron Country nations.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 09:15:44 am »
TO ALL YOU GUYS:

In a gun fight, I want the master gunman by my side and that is 44444heart @sneakypete.

@Victoria33

I thank you for the vote of confidence!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 10:11:49 am »
@txradioguy

Why? Get a 30/30,45/70,or maybe 45ACP, or 44 Magnum, and be done with it? Of course,if it were me,I would get a Marlin.

If you want a 5.56,get a Car-15 clone in semi-auto.
The Marlin in .44 magnum is sweet, accurate, carbine length, and holds 10 rounds of 240 gr. JHP...lovely rifle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 11:14:24 am »
All this that we are experiencing has happened before, during the Russian, Chinese, Cuban, and Venezuelan revolutions, and was explained in the work of Andrew Lobaczweski in which he and his colleagues, in communist Poland, discovered that communist elite was composed, for the most part, of psychopathic individuals acting in a cooperative manner. In the same way that psychopathic individuals form drug gangs in big cities, psychopaths can  turn their attention to politics and acting cooperatively, taking power.  The result is what we're seeing now, and it's going to get a lot worse if people don't have access to this information. I made a text that explains Lobaczweski's findings and applies it to today. Visit the article and if possible share it. According to the author, the best way to block this psychopathic elite is informing the population.
-->    http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424671.0.html    <--
Incredibly worthwhile post!

I found the paper in its entirety and downloaded it, and am reading it.
https://www.academia.edu/40455071/Political_Ponerology_A_Science_on_The_Nature_of_Evil_adjusted_for_Political_Purposes

Beyond doubt Dr. Fauci fits the criteria.

The administration of cheap and effective COVID treatments, which also have prophylactic value against the disease, could have provided temporary 'herd immunity' to stop the progress of the pandemic, while those exposed would acquire immunity without requiring, for the most part, so much as hospitaliztion, much less ICU treatments.

Instead, the course chosen has led to tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, economic devastation (seldom noted by those whose salaries are guaranteed from the public coffers) and unaccountable misery for the general population. Furthermore, it has allowed the lesser psychopaths from city managers to Governors and beyond to exert their psychopathic control tendencies to the detriment of populations under that control, even while failing to control egregious mayhem, murder, and violence, indicating a multilevel cooperation of evil, ignoring or promulgating misery in a broad social spectrum.

Claiming that those in DC and elsewhere who have made seriously poor policy decisions are "crazy" might not be very far off the mark.

Thank you for posting that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2021, 12:59:41 pm »
@Elderberry

And the Mauser's had a much better stock design. The Nagant is just brutal when it comes to "felt recoil".

I was at the rifle range and a young shooter on the bench next to me asked me to shoot his rifle. He had adjusted his scope and his shoulder just couldn't take it any more. So he asked me to shoot it and let him know what I thought of his scope adjustment. You won't guess what it was he was shooting. It was a lever action 30-30. Like so many of those rifles, this one was short stocked and I assume he hadn't yet learned to pull a rifle's stock tight into his shoulder. That was the only time I'd ever been asked to shoot a total stranger's gun like that.

Offline thackney

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2021, 02:24:54 pm »
I'm beginning to think it's a good time to add that Henry lever action rifle that shoots 5.56 rounds to the collection.

You may not want a hard sharp point on the round, laying against other rounds in a tube magazine.

And the Leverevolution ammo from Hornady is not available in 5.56.

FLEX TIP® TECHNOLOGY
The patented Flex Tip® technology of the FTX® and MonoFlex® bullets provide higher ballistic coefficients and velocity increases of up to 250 fps over traditional flat point loads while still providing shock-absorbing safety in tubular magazines.

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/leverevolution#!/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 02:37:53 pm »
The Henry .223 Lever Action is clip fed.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/

Offline thackney

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2021, 02:38:50 pm »
The Henry .223 Lever Action is clip fed.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/

I should have realized he was talking about a real gun and not wishful dream.

@txradioguy
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:39:47 pm by thackney »

BassWrangler

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2021, 03:57:26 pm »
@txradioguy

They also design and manufacture some damn fine firearms. None of that "slapped together" crap you often saw from other former Iron Country nations.

My older son has a CZ pistol - very nice firearm.

BassWrangler

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2021, 04:03:20 pm »
The Marlin in .44 magnum is sweet, accurate, carbine length, and holds 10 rounds of 240 gr. JHP...lovely rifle.
P
If it's an actual John Marlin Era rifle and not one made since the Remington buy out of Marlin. Remington quality control is abysmal. Some time back I went looking for a Marlin 45-70. I looked at a number of "Marlingtons" and they were all messed up in some way. One of them even had a slot cut across the barrel - maybe 1/8 inch wide and deep - must have been a scrap barrel I guess. Unbelievable. I ended up buying a used one that was made before the buyout.

You can read about the experience the Marlin employees had after the buyout and understand why it's so bad.

Henry Rifles is a much better alternative these days.

BassWrangler

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 04:05:52 pm »
@Elderberry

Particularly from a prone position! My shoulder hurt for a week.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2021, 04:06:07 pm »
My older son has a CZ pistol - very nice firearm.

I am fond of them too. I have a 52(7.62x25), 70(32ACP), 75(9mm), and an 83(.380).

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2021, 04:17:28 pm »
I love my 1895 Marlin 45-70. I primarily shoot the 300gr Hornady HP in it. It has been shot so much between the owners before me and then me and my fellow hunters that it developed the dreaded "Marlin Jam".  I since repaired it and it shoots now good as new.

Y'all probably have never shot one so many times that it developed the "Marlin Jam". Easy to fix though.

https://www.ktgunsmith.com/marlinjam.htm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:21:19 pm by Elderberry »

BassWrangler

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2021, 04:20:59 pm »
I love my 1895 Marlin 45-70. I primarily shoot the 300gr Hornady HP in it. It has been shot so much between the owners before me and then me and my fellow hunters that it developed the dreaded "Marlin Jam".  I since repaired it and it shoots now good as new.

Y'all probably have never shot one so many times that it developed the "Marlin Jam". Easy to fix though.

Mine has a big problem with jamming. I don't know enough about it to fix it. I'm not afraid to work with firearms repair, have even taken the Glock Armorers course, but I just know nothing about the internals of a Marlin lever action.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2021, 04:23:17 pm »
Mine has a big problem with jamming. I don't know enough about it to fix it. I'm not afraid to work with firearms repair, have even taken the Glock Armorers course, but I just know nothing about the internals of a Marlin lever action.

@BassWrangler

If it's the "Marlin Jam", following these instructions will fix it.

BassWrangler

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2021, 04:25:48 pm »
@BassWrangler

I suspect a lot of them did/are doing this because of placing bids on military and other government contracts. Don't know if there is an actual law requiring DoD contracts go to US companies,if they are doing it for tax break reasons,or both,but I  suspect that has a lot to do with it.

That's a good point, although it seems like I was wrong about CZ because, as someone pointed out, they already have a US company - CZ-USA. So maybe this is more about owning the brand.

BassWrangler

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2021, 04:27:15 pm »
@BassWrangler

If it's the "Marlin Jam", following these instructions will fix it.

Thank you! I will take a look and see if this is the issue.

Offline thackney

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2021, 07:00:30 pm »
That's a good point, although it seems like I was wrong about CZ because, as someone pointed out, they already have a US company - CZ-USA. So maybe this is more about owning the brand.

I believe this will be their first US manufacturing although they already had US based gun-smithing.

https://cz-usa.com/cz-usa-world-class-firearms-manufacturer-officially-joins-the-us-market/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2021, 07:30:50 pm »
I believe this will be their first US manufacturing although they already had US based gun-smithing.

https://cz-usa.com/cz-usa-world-class-firearms-manufacturer-officially-joins-the-us-market/

Did you notice that was a 1998 article?

They already manufacture in the US. They bought Dan Wesson in 2005.

Offline thackney

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2021, 07:35:34 pm »
Did you notice that was a 1998 article?

They already manufacture in the US. They bought Dan Wesson in 2005.

Well, no I did not.  Thank you again for keeping me in line today.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2021, 08:25:08 pm »
P
If it's an actual John Marlin Era rifle and not one made since the Remington buy out of Marlin. Remington quality control is abysmal. Some time back I went looking for a Marlin 45-70. I looked at a number of "Marlingtons" and they were all messed up in some way. One of them even had a slot cut across the barrel - maybe 1/8 inch wide and deep - must have been a scrap barrel I guess. Unbelievable. I ended up buying a used one that was made before the buyout.

You can read about the experience the Marlin employees had after the buyout and understand why it's so bad.

Henry Rifles is a much better alternative these days.
I got my Marlin 40 years ago. I like the Henry Rifles too (Mrs Joe has one).

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2021, 10:24:17 pm »
I should have realized he was talking about a real gun and not wishful dream.

@txradioguy

@thackney no worries.   I didn’t know they existed until recently. 

It’s also available in .308 for people that want a larger round.

And I’m actively on the lookout around here for those Hornaday LEVERevolution rounds. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!