Author Topic: United Auto Workers union settles corruption probe with Justice Department  (Read 251 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/united-auto-workers-union-settles-civil-charges-in-corruption-probe-with-justice-department.html

<snipit>

DETROIT — Federal prosecutors have agreed to end a multiyear corruption probe into the United Auto Workers under a proposed civil settlement that will include an independent monitor overseeing the American union for six years.

U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider and UAW President Rory Gamble said Monday that the settlement, which must still be formally approved by the government, comes after months of negotiations between the two sides, including several voluntary reforms by the union.

Other requirements under the deal include the union conducting a memberwide vote to potentially reform its voting process and making certain repayments, including a $1.5 million payment to the Internal Revenue Service. The UAW has already paid back about $15 million to training centers for improper chargebacks uncovered by officials.

“Today we are joining together to announce that the UAW, one of the largest and most prestigious unions in the world, is now on a pathway to be free of corruption,” Schneider said during a joint press conference Monday at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Detroit. “During our five-year investigation, we have uncovered a startling level of corruption and fraud by a number of senior leaders of the UAW.”
=====================================================================================

For some reason this story has kind of flown under the radar.  What I found most telling was in the blurp from the UAW President (embedded in the video  in article) who stated.....   "With the right leader in the White House, we will get everybody moving again"

Now that's not hard to interpret is it?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.