Author Topic: San Francisco to rename Abraham Lincoln High School because former president did not demonstrate tha  (Read 1543 times)

Offline SurvivalReport

• I identify as a White Male
    • MySurvivalReport
And on the heels of Honest Abe getting the short shrift comes this:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/12/15/teachers-union-adopts-black-lives-matter-at-school-resolution-calling-for-disrupting-the-nuclear-family/
Ya, and the article starts with this:
"As Twitchy mentioned Monday, writer Noah Berlatsky proclaimed that parents are an oppressive class like rich people or white people, and further cited Marx and Engels and their distrust of the nuclear family."

I hope every person sooner or later realizes that this nation is built, supported and maintained by the very people they call oppressive and that they distrust.  Once they piss us all off, and we give them what they ask for, they will destroy the very system that gave them their freedom and opportunity. Then when it collapses, who do you think they'll ask to rebuild?  Anyone have any guesses?

We built this country, system and everything in it and didn't mind sharing, but now that they're biting the hand that feeds them, I don't' think we should share once this is all over.  Let them invent their own technology, let them run their own power plants, let them build their own cars, computers and cell phones. 

I don't think they realize the fire that they're playing with.  And the companies who support black lives matter and are throwing white people under the bus, need to realize who their customers are, who spends money on their products.

Benjamin,
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
Ronald Reagan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"As Twitchy mentioned Monday, writer Noah Berlatsky proclaimed that parents are an oppressive class like rich people or white people, and further cited Marx and Engels and their distrust of the nuclear family."

I hope every person sooner or later realizes that this nation is built, supported and maintained by the very people they call oppressive and that they distrust.  Once they piss us all off, and we give them what they ask for, they will destroy the very system that gave them their freedom and opportunity. Then when it collapses, who do you think they'll ask to rebuild?  Anyone have any guesses?

We built this country, system and everything in it and didn't mind sharing, but now that they're biting the hand that feeds them, I don't' think we should share once this is all over.  Let them invent their own technology, let them run their own power plants, let them build their own cars, computers and cell phones. 

I don't think they realize the fire that they're playing with.  And the companies who support black lives matter and are throwing white people under the bus, need to realize who their customers are, who spends money on their products.
They did this with inner city black kids already. They used welfare to kick the men out and look at the sh*tshow that is: highest drug use, murder rates and crime.

As for rebuilding, no. (Look at Zimbabwe, inviting farmers back...At least they learned for now).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:30:28 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A San Francisco district is planning to rename a school named after Abraham Lincoln because the former president did not demonstrate that 'black lives mattered to him'.

Lincoln not only freed millions of slaves,but generations of slaves-black people, many who have never seen slavery personally.  BLM has only freed a few black people and that was by accomplishing their moving on to the next life.  Maybe they mean by burning down the buildings many black people lived in or the businesses many black people owned.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Lincoln not only freed millions of slaves,but generations of slaves-black people, many who have never seen slavery personally.  BLM has only freed a few black people and that was by accomplishing their moving on to the next life.  Maybe they mean by burning down the buildings many black people lived in or the businesses many black people owned.

Lincoln's support of blacks and freeing the slaves cost him his life.  There's not a so called black "leader" today and certainly no one in the BLM crowd that would risk that much for their own people these days much less someone with a different skin color.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lincoln's support of blacks and freeing the slaves cost him his life.  There's not a so called black "leader" today and certainly no one in the BLM crowd that would risk that much for their own people these days much less someone with a different skin color.
Lincoln was willing to militarily impose "union" on the secessionist states by conquest. Emancipation caused problems with northern conscripts as a casus belli, more so than conquering the raw materials rich South for their Northern industrialists, who also saw industrialization in the South as a budding problem, but emancipation did not become the issue of record until the war had been going for years, and was an effort to cause slave uprisings in the South.  Lincoln underestimated the familial ties between slaves and owners, and apparently believed the abolitionist agitprop like Uncle Tom's Cabin was the norm, rather than the exception as far as treatment of the slaves went. It made no more sense to abuse slaves than it did to abuse livestock or draft animals, or to trash tractors and combines today, and slaves who were treated reasonably well formed loyalties toward their owners, so the expected rebellion did not occur. Yes, freedom is desirable, but carries numerous responsibilities with it, responsibilities many former slaves were either unprepared for or simply did not desire. 

Considering that industrialization and mechanization would have eliminated the economic incentive to own slaves as surely as internal combustion engines eliminated draft animals, manumission would have come in the next few decades, and with it, the transition to full freedom might have been better accomplished, preparing those formerly owned for more full participation in the economy and society than sudden liberation by developing the education and skills needed to function in society.

We speak repeatedly of the current Democrat "Plantation", but that was enabled by a cultural and societal transition which many were unprepared for, and that transition still has lingering cultural aftereffects. Those who did best were (often surreptitiously) taught to read and do arithmetic, partly because they were more able to serve their masters, but also in anticipation of their eventual manumission. Keep in mind that I am writing this from the POV of a Marylander, where the slaves were being freed by their owners as the style of farming changed, with the growth of Washington D.C. and Baltimore requiring produce, and the need for slaves declining. Manumission was up prior to the War, but the Union did not free the slaves there until afterwards, guaranteeing a labor force for the Capital.

Booth saw Lincoln from a Southern perspective: the leader who militarily conquered a region and its several States to keep them in a union they did not want: a tyrant, and said as much when he shot him. ("Sic semper tyrannis" -- "thus always to tyrants". and the motto of Virginia, as ironic as that may be today) From the POV: There are no just powers when there is no consent of the governed to borrow phraseology from the Declaration of Independence, and slaves were regarded as property (and a considerable investment was needed to be an 'owner'. The States in secession had revoked their consent to be governed by a Government they saw as no longer serving their needs, and Lincoln's failure to stop the invasion of one state by others (MD invaded by PA and MA), and to respect the withdrawal of consent embodied in secession was the spark for war.

Slavery was an issue, but not the only one, by far.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 10:09:08 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

I don't think we should have to share the country with people so consumed with racial hatred as they are.

Reform or get out.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yea, this is all fun and good for the snow white super rich Liberals.
Just wait until these guys want to tear down any Mexican/Spanish statue or monument.
Fu*king with White People is easy and fun. But...once you get into Mexicans or Asians, there might be a problem.
Tear down a Mexican/Spanish statue and see how that works out.
White people are idiots and they deserve to be overcome by others.
Too companionate, too intelligent, let the hordes overwhelm us.
"The end of Rome"

This too shall pass. In time...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 10:17:18 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Liberals really always seem to ruin everything. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lincoln was willing to militarily impose "union" on the secessionist states by conquest. Emancipation caused problems with northern conscripts as a casus belli, more so than conquering the raw materials rich South for their Northern industrialists, who also saw industrialization in the South as a budding problem, but emancipation did not become the issue of record until the war had been going for years, and was an effort to cause slave uprisings in the South.  Lincoln underestimated the familial ties between slaves and owners, and apparently believed the abolitionist agitprop like Uncle Tom's Cabin was the norm, rather than the exception as far as treatment of the slaves went. It made no more sense to abuse slaves than it did to abuse livestock or draft animals, or to trash tractors and combines today, and slaves who were treated reasonably well formed loyalties toward their owners, so the expected rebellion did not occur. Yes, freedom is desirable, but carries numerous responsibilities with it, responsibilities many former slaves were either unprepared for or simply did not desire. 

Considering that industrialization and mechanization would have eliminated the economic incentive to own slaves as surely as internal combustion engines eliminated draft animals, manumission would have come in the next few decades, and with it, the transition to full freedom might have been better accomplished, preparing those formerly owned for more full participation in the economy and society than sudden liberation by developing the education and skills needed to function in society.

We speak repeatedly of the current Democrat "Plantation", but that was enabled by a cultural and societal transition which many were unprepared for, and that transition still has lingering cultural aftereffects. Those who did best were (often surreptitiously) taught to read and do arithmetic, partly because they were more able to serve their masters, but also in anticipation of their eventual manumission. Keep in mind that I am writing this from the POV of a Marylander, where the slaves were being freed by their owners as the style of farming changed, with the growth of Washington D.C. and Baltimore requiring produce, and the need for slaves declining. Manumission was up prior to the War, but the Union did not free the slaves there until afterwards, guaranteeing a labor force for the Capital.

Booth saw Lincoln from a Southern perspective: the leader who militarily conquered a region and its several States to keep them in a union they did not want: a tyrant, and said as much when he shot him. ("Sic semper tyrannis" -- "thus always to tyrants". and the motto of Virginia, as ironic as that may be today) From the POV: There are no just powers when there is no consent of the governed to borrow phraseology from the Declaration of Independence, and slaves were regarded as property (and a considerable investment was needed to be an 'owner'. The States in secession had revoked their consent to be governed by a Government they saw as no longer serving their needs, and Lincoln's failure to stop the invasion of one state by others (MD invaded by PA and MA), and to respect the withdrawal of consent embodied in secession was the spark for war.

Slavery was an issue, but not the only one, by far.

@Smokin Joe

Great post,and EVERY word true! Slavery had nothing to do with the War of Northern Aggression,other than as an excuse for the knee-jerk emotional slugs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
What is afoot right now is dead serious.  We are witnessing Soviet style efforts to change the USA, and what the failed USSR could not do for 70 years, it is achieving high success today.  Either we slap these marxist groups down, and I do mean harshly, or they run ragged across America destroying everything in their path.

The FACT is that Lincoln emancipated the slaves in the USA.  That was not an easily done effort by no means.  Had Lincoln not forced the issue, there is no telling exactly how long slavery would have lasted.  Even before the Civil War, northern states eliminated slavery, so it was a matter of time.  But it could well have been 25 or 50 more years.  That is not beyond the realm of possibility.  How would that have changed the landscape for slaves?  I think enough to change the progression through the years.  It could well have delayed suffrage for women in 1920 too.  I am sure the freedoms that were realized in the 50 years prior to 1920 had an impact on the thinking through the decades.

This act in San Francisco is being pushed by marxists, and they need a major slapping down as I said.  MAJOR!!!  Doing this will lead to other decisions that will be equally undesirable.  And the pendulum swinging back may well not be so pretty.  And then again, Venezuela is like the other end of the tunnel, it is coming into focus for the USA every day, more and more.

Offline PeteS in CA

San Francisco School Board: On Second Thought, About Our School-Renaming Project…

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/04/06/san-francisco-school-board-second-thought-school-renaming-project/

As Wilford Brimley once observed in Absence of Malice — “Wonderful thing, subpoenas.” Faced with lawsuits over its historically illiterate school renaming decisions, the San Francisco Unified School District board will vote to cancel the project entirely, the Associated Press reports this morning. The effort had already been “paused” after the school board got an avalanche of criticism over its “shoddy research,” and also the timing of the effort:

I wonder if the board member who was removed from her VP and committee office/assignment(s) was a prime mover of this stupidity. Along with the lawsuit(s) there are efforts to recall several board members over this and declining to reopen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
San Francisco School Board: On Second Thought, About Our School-Renaming Project…

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2021/04/06/san-francisco-school-board-second-thought-school-renaming-project/

I wonder if the board member who was removed from her VP and committee office/assignment(s) was a prime mover of this stupidity. Along with the lawsuit(s) there are efforts to recall several board members over this and declining to reopen.

I wouldn't bet against that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!