Author Topic: Ret. Gen Flynn warns of unelected ‘tyrants,’ says ‘time for God-fearing Americans to fight’  (Read 1465 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

And I find it naive the military would sit back and do nothing when ordered to do so. 
 :shrug:

@jafo2010

BTW,I failed to address this earlier,and it is BIG. The US Military does NOT come under the orders of ANY President. They owe their oath ONLY to the US Constitution.

Yes,a sitting President can order them to do anything he or she wants to order them to do,but that damn sure doesn't mean the Generals are going to follow the orders,or that their subordinates would even obey them if they tried. They swear allegience to the US Constitution/The Country,NOT to ANY political leader.

Yes,I know that this type of thinking is foreign to the current "Bleep YOU,ME first!" mindset of many/most people of today,but it does still exist in the hearts and minds of many career officers as well as NCO's.

AND.....,here is a little secret for you. General officers can order any damn thing they want to order,but NOTHING happens unless the NCO's are willing to go along with it,and NCO's,just like officers,take oaths to not follow ANY illegal orders. If you don't think career NCO's in the US Military don't take their oaths seriouly,you haven't known many career NCO's.

BTW,in the spirit of full disclosure,*I* am PROUD to announce that I am a former career NCO in the United States Army.

Yes,I COULD have been an officer if I wanted. I even had one commander promise me a slot in OCS,then a slot in the special Special Forces Officer school,followed by a transfer right back to his command as a commissioned team leader. Even though it paid more money,I decided to remain an NCO.

Do NOT make the mistake of thinking career NCO's are stupid or incompetent or they would be officers. It just ain't so. The raw truth is that NCO's are where the rubber meets the road in the military. Nothing happens that they don't push. NOTHING.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:11:56 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@jafo2010

BTW,I failed to address this earlier,and it is BIG. The US Military does NOT come under the orders of ANY President. They owe their oath ONLY to the US Constitution.

Yes,a sitting President can order them to do anything he or she wants to order them to do,but that damn sure doesn't mean the Generals are going to follow the orders,or that their subordinates would even obey them if they tried. They swear allegience to the US Constitution/The Country,NOT to ANY political leader.

Yes,I know that this type of thinking is foreign to the current "Bleep YOU,ME first!" mindset of many/most people of today,but it does still exist in the hearts and minds of many career officers as well as NCO's.

AND.....,here is a little secret for you. General officers can order any damn thing they want to order,but NOTHING happens unless the NCO's are willing to go along with it,and NCO's,just like officers,take oaths to not follow ANY illegal orders. If you don't think career NCO's in the US Military don't take their oaths seriouly,you haven't known many career NCO's.

Thank you for that information...that answers a lot of my questions and concerns.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thank you for that information...that answers a lot of my questions and concerns.

@libertybele

Please see my update of that post.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Please see my update of that post.

Thank you and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your service.  :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Sneakypete, thank for the information.  I was never in the service, but I kind of knew that to a degree.

Thank you for your service.  It was something I regret.  I was headed down the path of going into the Air Force ROTC, and got a student loan last minute and took that route to help me finish school versus the ROTC.  They were telling me I would most likely end up in the missile program because of my eyes, and I did not want to sit in a missile silo for five years+.

Oh, so many things I would do different if I could go back in time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sneakypete, thank for the information.  I was never in the service, but I kind of knew that to a degree.

Thank you for your service.

@jafo2010

I do appreciate the thought,but I can accept no thanks. I knew from the time I was in the 3rd grade I wanted to be a paratrooper,and told everybody in sight. I got my mother to take me to the recruiters on my 17th birthday so I could enlist in the army to become a paratrooper.

Everything sorta flowed from that.

It's like I never really had a choice.