Author Topic: Dow stages 325-point U-turn as COVID lockdowns seen intensifying amid U.S. vaccine rollout  (Read 836 times)

Offline libertybele

Dow stages 325-point U-turn as COVID lockdowns seen intensifying amid U.S. vaccine rollout

The Dow on Monday afternoon pulled back sharply from an intraday record, as investors weighed the U.S. rollout of a COVID-19 vaccine against tightening COVID-19 restrictions implemented in New York City and parts of Europe ahead of Christmas.
What are major benchmarks doing?

The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.62% slumped 35 points, or 0.1%, to about 30,008. Earlier, the index hit an intraday record at 30,325.79.
    The S&P 500 SPX, -0.44% was flat to slightly higher near 3,664.
    The Nasdaq Composite COMP, 0.50% advanced about 111 points, or 0.9%, to about 12,489.

Stocks posted a mixed finish Friday, leaving benchmarks with modest losses for the week. The Dow saw a 0.6% weekly fall, while the S&P 500 fell 1% and the Nasdaq declined 0.7%. The small-cap Russell 2000, however, saw a sixth straight weekly gain, rising 1%.
What’s driving the market?

“The market is swinging back and forth because of the potential for further lockdowns,” Brent Schutte, chief investment strategist, Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company told MarketWatch........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-futures-rise-over-200-points-as-vaccine-rollout-begins-11607947977?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Next correction?  Watch what happens Wednesday January 6th, if the democrats win both GA senate seats. 

Markets have also been somewhat calmed by some of the early Biden economic picks that have tended more toward Obama than Bernie.  In any case, when the $Trillions of stimilus start back-ending the debt numbers, and working through the fedzilla balance sheet?  The unsustainbable debt is going to start eating into meat and bone of government services and ....  will easily wash away any addtional tax revenues.  Late in '21 and '22 are going to be  tough on the equity markets...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Next correction?  Watch what happens Wednesday January 6th, if the democrats win both GA senate seats. 

Markets have also been somewhat calmed by some of the early Biden economic picks that have tended more toward Obama than Bernie.  In any case, when the $Trillions of stimilus start back-ending the debt numbers, and working through the fedzilla balance sheet?  The unsustainbable debt is going to start eating into meat and bone of government services and ....  will easily wash away any addtional tax revenues.  Late in '21 and '22 are going to be  tough on the equity markets...

I think you are absolutely correct; the future is going to be tough on the equity markets. There is already a push by the liberal globalists for another lockdown which IMO will destroy our economy; not only will the markets significantly drop, I think we may also see China become the economic superpower and the collapse of the dollar.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think you are absolutely correct; the future is going to be tough on the equity markets. There is already a push by the liberal globalists for another lockdown which IMO will destroy our economy; not only will the markets significantly drop, I think we may also see China become the economic superpower and the collapse of the dollar.

Makes me glad I converted my funds into a Castle and lotsa golf balls.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And to think my plan is to play pocket pool till this blows over.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

There ya go, as long as those in power don't raise taxes to such a ridiculous level that they start confiscating people's homes. (I know I need to lighten up on the pessimism, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of positivity in our future).

You may need flaming golf balls to launch at those trying to "invade" your castle.    :laugh:

Offline libertybele

And to think my plan is to play pocket pool till this blows over.

Yikes ... I'm sorry bud, but I just don't see this mess blowing over anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:30:45 pm by libertybele »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Yikes ... I'm sorry bud, but I just don't see this mess blowing over anytime soon.

One thing is for sure.  This stolen election has embolden the left to basically dictate anything they want at this point.  Then add 11M more illegal voters by 2024?  Hunker down boys!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wrote:
"Then add 11M more illegal voters by 2024?"

Geez, there's "that number" again.
11 million...?
Do you really, really believe that to be accurate, catfish...?

Online catfish1957

catfish wrote:
"Then add 11M more illegal voters by 2024?"

Geez, there's "that number" again.
11 million...?
Do you really, really believe that to be accurate, catfish...?

Alright big guy....  Lay the big estimate on me.

Offline libertybele

One thing is for sure.  This stolen election has embolden the left to basically dictate anything they want at this point.  Then add 11M more illegal voters by 2024?  Hunker down boys!!!!

Hunker down and cow-tow to the leftist?  Ever since Holder refused to turn over documents it's been a downhill spiral - Trump just happened to intercede the planned transformation.

Things can no longer be settled at the ballot box and I see millions of people becoming restless and tired of their rights being trampled on.

Offline libertybele

Alright big guy....  Lay the big estimate on me.

I do know that when I was doing some research on the "illegal invasion" back during "W"'s term ... the estimate then was 20,000,000.  I'd say that, that estimate is conservative, especially considering the caravans of people that came across recently.

Online catfish1957

Hunker down and cow-tow to the leftist?  Ever since Holder refused to turn over documents it's been a downhill spiral - Trump just happened to intercede the planned transformation.

Things can no longer be settled at the ballot box and I see millions of people becoming restless and tired of their rights being trampled on.

Hate to sound defeatist, but I don't think the revolution is going to be lead by old folks like myself.  And as far as our youngsters pulling a Lexington and Concord moment? I don't think they can put their phones down long enough to take up arms. Too many sheeple outside the most 1/4 of most conservative.

There are ways to resist, which I have mentoned on this forum several times.  Most of them are boycott, and other economic means to squeeze the opposition while they are in charge.   Otherwise we have have to conduct our lives in a manner highly focused on situational management  I know the distantly spaced foxholes puts us an a disadvantage.  We'll just have to do the best we can.

Online catfish1957

I do know that when I was doing some research on the "illegal invasion" back during "W"'s term ... the estimate then was 20,000,000.  I'd say that, that estimate is conservative, especially considering the caravans of people that came across recently.

20M?  Voters or total illegals? Heck, the 11M may be low, but I haven't heard any iron clad irrefueable data that has it at any higher.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
20M?  Voters or total illegals? Heck, the 11M may be low, but I haven't heard any iron clad irrefueable data that has it at any higher.

The PTB will NEVER let that number out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dow stages 325-point U-turn as COVID lockdowns seen intensifying amid U.S. vaccine rollout

Ah, who was just announced the winner of the electoral college today?   :pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ah, who was just announced the winner of the electoral college today?   :pondering:

Me.  They just couldn't take the pressure from Mrs. Liberty.  She wants a new summer Castle.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish wrote:
"Lay the big estimate on me."

OK.
I figure at least 20 million (and that's on the low side).
25-30 million might be closer to the mark.

They first started with the "11 million" number at least 10 years ago (it seems, maybe earlier), and with the uncontrolled numbers surging across the border in the obama years, I reckon at least 5-10 million more came in since then.

As Cyber suggested, those who REALLY know "the numbers" will do the best they can to prevent it from becoming public...