Author Topic: A pandemic side effect: Used masks polluting California coastal waters  (Read 338 times)

rangerrebew

A pandemic side effect: Used masks polluting California coastal waters
Scott Wilson, The Washington Post
Dec. 11, 2020
Updated: Dec. 11, 2020 9:02 a.m.

TIBURON, Calif. - The pale blue is easy to spot among the dry-brown reeds.

People walk here along the northern coast of the San Francisco Bay, crowding a path that bends to the contour of the shore. At the small pebble beach near a park called Blackies Pasture, a surgical mask is tangled in the marsh at the edge of the Bay. A little farther on is another, then another on the other side of the path, waiting to be blown into the sea.

"I mean this is a high-wealth area and even here you see it," said Peter Ottesen, a fit 74-year-old tossing the ball to his black lab, Addie, on a recent clear morning. "It's now like cigarette butts or anything else. You see it on the sides of the path, the sides of the road, and if you don't see it, you are not looking."

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/A-pandemic-side-effect-Used-masks-polluting-15794117.php

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: A pandemic side effect: Used masks polluting California coastal waters
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 08:48:43 pm »
I've seen them in gutters, bushes near sidewalks, and along trails. I doubt California is unique in this, though.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:27:35 pm »
Effing disgusting.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 10:25:23 pm »
I've seen them in gutters, bushes near sidewalks, and along trails. I doubt California is unique in this, though.
Wherever you go there trailer trash they don't have a specific color, race or place of birth and they rarely live in what was once called a trailer court, the one thing they all have in common is that they are inconsiderate louts who could care less what they do with they're garbage. Face masks aren't so bad, I remember when disposable diapers became popular and the same type of people were leaving the 'used' ones anywhere they changed the baby whether it was a parking lot, in the park or anywhere else because they were to lazy to deal with it properly.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 10:37:23 pm »
Not having consideration for your fellow neighbor or not caring about what impact your actions may have on someone else is becoming common place.

The "lockdown" taught me one thing; staying home isn't such a bad thing; it reduces the interaction with inconsiderate and rude people and I avoid a lot of drama. I/we go out when needed for doctor's appointments and to run errands when needed.  I try not to make unnecessary trips and still enjoy everyday life with loved ones and frequent our many parks with walking trails, some along the waterways and off season, a walk along the beach is also very enjoyable and relaxing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.