Author Topic: The way forward: Excision, not secession must be the path.  (Read 569 times)

Offline Mesaclone

The way forward: Excision, not secession must be the path.
« on: December 12, 2020, 04:04:29 pm »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson.

That said....what is being contemplated here is not a rerun of 1861. We are talking about a gathering of those states that would like to return to Constitutional government and thus preserve the Union that was established in 1787. The states who do not wish to join that endeavor, may feel free to abstain...though admittedly...a few states are not invited to remain with us...California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, New York and a number of New England states (although counties within those states could certainly send representation to this convention). Again, this is not secession...it is renewal of the original Constitutional contract.

Texas needs to call for a Constitutional convention and invite the states it deems still willing to return to "originalism"....In this convention, steps would be taken to restore the Constitution, not to break from it. Perhaps locating a new national "Capital" (my vote goes to Dallas but Kansas City might have an argument as well), establishing stricter rules both for citizenship (eliminating the "anchor baby" baloney for example) and voter ID verification procedures to ensure the vote of EVERY legal citizen counts and that none are disenfranchised by fraud. Re-affirming, of course, the electoral college.

This convention, after affirming the constitution with some minor corrections...example: eliminating the pre-amble clause of the 2nd amendment to clarify that the right to bear arms may NEVER be infringed/eliminating the income tax/establishing a pro-life position, etcetera...and most importantly I would add an amendment that clearly states "All men will be treated under the law according to the content of their character, not the color of their skin."

After locking in our updated Constitution, this convention would then proceed to organize national elections. New House and Senatorial elections would be held as well.

Once this updated Constitution is affirmed, a new government can be formed...as the new NATIONAL government of the United States of America. Membership by invitation only.

Yes...this is dreaming a bit. But I think the answer is not some sort of secession followed by military actions. That would be self-destructive and horrific even if won...more importantly, WE must remember that WE are the legitimate government and citizens of the United States and WE are the legitimate heirs to the Founders and the Constitution they created. It is not US who needs to secede...no....this would be more of an excision of states gone rogue...Cali, Oregon, Washington, NY, Illinois and a number of far Northeastern states.

Lastly, as Texas is leading this great movement....let's just go with the already coined term TEXIT.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Absalom

Re: The way forward: Excision, not secession must be the path.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 03:28:15 am »
Plain people will see this as nothing but unhinged paranoia;
inviting secession, revolution and the breakup of the nation.
Unsurprising, given the relentless incoherent nonsense from
Trump and his followers during the past 4 years.
Now that he's mercifully on his way out to pasture,
expect this level of paranoia to increase dramatically.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:07:22 am »
Plain people will see this as nothing but unhinged paranoia;
inviting secession, revolution and the breakup of the nation.
Unsurprising, given the relentless incoherent nonsense from
Trump and his followers during the past 4 years.
Now that he's mercifully on his way out to pasture,
expect this level of paranoia to increase dramatically.
What nation? By virtue of reneging on its primary jurisdiction, the SCOTUS has shown Texas that the Constitution is void, to wit: Texas (and Texans) cannot seek redress for grievances even in the court tasked with such cases. A significant plurality of States not defendants in that action have similarly been disenfranchised.

When the Government will not abide by that compact, we are under no obligation to do so, it i dissolved, prima facie.

Like so many, you claim this is about Trump. It is not, it is about electoral integrity and the Rule of Law.
Any fraudulent practices by one State in a Federal Election affect ALL States.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 02:49:52 pm »
What nation? By virtue of reneging on its primary jurisdiction, the SCOTUS has shown Texas that the Constitution is void, to wit: Texas (and Texans) cannot seek redress for grievances even in the court tasked with such cases. A significant plurality of States not defendants in that action have similarly been disenfranchised.

When the Government will not abide by that compact, we are under no obligation to do so, it i dissolved, prima facie.

Like so many, you claim this is about Trump. It is not, it is about electoral integrity and the Rule of Law.
Any fraudulent practices by one State in a Federal Election affect ALL States.

Well said. This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump or any other individual. This is about a power grab via 3 mechanisms....1)Contol of the media and academia to manage, censor and propagandize information flow. 2) Control the mechanisms of voting to ensure electoral victory even in the face of popular resistance.  3) Utilize foreign influence, money and power to reinforce the Liberal position within the United States and "globalize" American power and economic output. Its basic Tyranny 101.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 02:50:47 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 03:01:38 pm »
I would happily opt for an amicable divorce over a murder/suicide.
The ever more powerful, ever more radical left ONLY allows for assimilation.

But don’t kid yourself, one or the other is coming.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 03:49:58 pm »
... a few states are not invited to remain with us...California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, New York and a number of New England states (although counties within those states could certainly send representation to this convention).

This Californian says, "F Off!"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:52:05 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 03:55:02 pm »

At what point will you be the last conservative left there?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 04:07:56 pm »
At what point will you be the last conservative left there?

Given that Trump got ~1/3 of California's vote and my age, I'll probably die before that happens, even if I live to be a nonagenarian ... if it ever does happen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 04:28:03 pm »
Given that Trump got ~1/3 of California's vote and my age, I'll probably die before that happens, even if I live to be a nonagenarian ... if it ever does happen.

My comment was made with more of an allegorical slant. Like what happens when y'all are so dilute that you are powerless, even to defending your most basic rights.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 05:16:13 pm »

This is why I was clear that the more conservative counties could send reps to such a convention, at which a secession from California itself would be a valid topic. There's no downside for conservatives in Cali unless you simply are stuck on the coast or in a liberal enclave and cannot move. In such a case, I would agree you're going to be in a very untenable situation.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 03:14:22 am »
Succession is not a viable option.

And excision accomplishes nothing.  No, unless it is a brutal French style revolution, where the commies/globalist, et al are lined up and shot/hung, etc, this country is over.  China is well on their way to take the USA without a bullet being fired.

And I do not know to what extent the globalist and the ChiComs are in league with one another, but I do know we need to purge traitors from our midst.  And allowing a man that has committed three acts of treason to be POTUS is NOT bringing us closer to that end, but is in fact delivering the USA to the ChiComs on a silver platter.  Biden will be a CCP puppet.  Already is in fact!!!!!!