Author Topic: President Trump makes Christmas Eve a federal holiday  (Read 470 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Trump makes Christmas Eve a federal holiday
« on: December 12, 2020, 03:14:08 pm »
 President Trump makes Christmas Eve a federal holiday

By Steven Nelson

December 11, 2020 | 4:28pm

President Trump on Friday signed an order giving federal workers a paid day off work on Christmas Eve.

The news was a welcome surprise for workers who expected at most a half day.

Trump’s order says, “All executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government shall be closed and their employees excused from duty on Thursday, December 24, 2020, the day before Christmas Day.”

Former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton only gave half days when Christmas fell on a Friday, as it does this year.

Obama allowed a half day in 2015 and 2009, GovExec reported. Clinton also allowed a half day in 1998.

more
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/president-trump-makes-christmas-eve-a-federal-holiday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: President Trump makes Christmas Eve a federal holiday
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 07:10:07 pm »
A day off is not the same as a federal holiday.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 07:26:25 pm »
A day off is not the same as a federal holiday.  *****rollingeyes*****

Exactly.  Clarification needed before all the "Seperation of Church and State" crowd goes ballistic.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 07:31:33 pm »
I used to be a state employee. We didn't get Dec. 24 off. Only Dec. 25 was a state holiday. But every once in a while the governor would let us off from work at noon on Christmas Eve. Doesn't mean it automatically became a state holiday!  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 07:43:39 pm »
I used to be a state employee. We didn't get Dec. 24 off. Only Dec. 25 was a state holiday. But every once in a while the governor would let us off from work at noon on Christmas Eve. Doesn't mean it automatically became a state holiday!  *****rollingeyes*****

As a private sector employee, I did not get most of the Federal Holidays off (like Veterans Day and MLK Day), but we did get Christmas Eves and the day after Thanksgiving off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 07:51:50 pm »
As a private sector employee, I did not get most of the Federal Holidays off (like Veterans Day and MLK Day), but we did get Christmas Eves and the day after Thanksgiving off.

I only work when I'm too drunk to fish, so...  :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 07:59:43 pm »
When I worked for a marketing firm for FoMoCo we got the entire week of Christmas off in addition to the normal holidays ... with pay!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.