Author Topic: Apocalypse STALIN  (Read 540 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Apocalypse STALIN
« on: December 02, 2020, 09:44:55 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Despicable Evil Personified?

One man's terrorist is another man's hero.

One thing you can take from this...the man did whatever it took to achieve his vision and rid the 'Enemy'.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:51:07 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

Re: Apocalypse STALIN
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:52:05 pm »
One thing Stalin and his little brother Hitler (as Solzhenitsyn put it) proved is that faceless nothings in their earlier lives can turn into monsters if given ultimate power.
I read an interesting story the other week about Hitler during WWI. Supposedly the top decorated British soldier for WWI, Henry Tandey, actually had Hitler in his rifle sights when a semi-dazed Hitler was wandering around a battle zone but didn't pull the trigger.
 Hitler even told Neville Chamberlain that he was alive only because a British soldier who had him, Hitler, in his sights didn't pull the trigger. Hitler claimed he was standing still and unarmed at the moment and turned to see a British soldier pointing his rifle at him from a close distance. Hitler thought it was Tandey after looking at a picture of Tandey on a poster.
When interviewed years later Tandey couldn't recall the incident, so a number of historians are claiming the incident was imagined by Hitler or that Tandy wasn't the soldier who almost shot Hitler.
Tandey did say that he might have let a German soldier go, but he couldn't swear it was Hitler. He said if he had known what kind of misery Hitler would inflict on the world, he would have pulled the trigger.
But, of course, there's no way he could have known at the time.
Hitler was also lucky not be killed during the Beer Hall Putsch of 1923 where nine Nazis were shot and killed by the police.
Stalin had a similar nondescript life before joining the  Bolsheviks. After attaining power and misusing it, Lenin, in a written statement urged that Stalin be removed from his position of General Secretary.
Would history have changed dramatically if Tandy had shot and killed Hitler or if Stalin had been removed as General Secretary?
Who knows?
What we do know that if a vacuum occurs in any country where it's possible for the most ruthless party/group to take power, they will take power.
How many little Stalins and Hitlers were/are there running around the U.S. now causing havoc in many cities?
Do you think that if they attained supreme power they'd hesitate to have millions killed?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 10:50:41 pm »
goat wonders:
"How many little Stalins and Hitlers were/are there running around the U.S. now causing havoc in many cities?
Do you think that if they attained supreme power they'd hesitate to have millions killed?"

I reckon that we're gonna find out in the next 10-20 years...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 11:11:36 pm »
goat wonders:
"How many little Stalins and Hitlers were/are there running around the U.S. now causing havoc in many cities?
Do you think that if they attained supreme power they'd hesitate to have millions killed?"

I reckon that we're gonna find out in the next 10-20 years...

In my life, I've read 2 different biographies on Stalin.  Neither one captured the events like this documentary has.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 07:47:58 pm »
In my life, I've read 2 different biographies on Stalin.  Neither one captured the events like this documentary has.
Did you see the movie "The Death Of Stalin"? Funny but terrifying. The events were very similar to what actually happened after Stalin died.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 08:02:39 pm »
Did you see the movie "The Death Of Stalin"? Funny but terrifying. The events were very similar to what actually happened after Stalin died.

@goatprairie

No, I missed it.

Imagine though, executing virtually every person that was responsible for his rise to power.  Paranoid amoral narcissist who wiped out an entire generation of his countrymen.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 09:00:36 pm »
@goatprairie

No, I missed it.

Imagine though, executing virtually every person that was responsible for his rise to power.  Paranoid amoral narcissist who wiped out an entire generation of his countrymen.
Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Trilogy should be mandatory reading for every college student. Solzhenitsyn, while in prison, wished the west would drop an atom bomb on the Kremlin. That's how evil he thought Stalin was. He was not wrong.
But I go back to 1918 when Fanya Kaplan shot Lenin but didn't kill him. Could all the horrors of Bolshevism and Stalin have been avoided?
We'll never know.  Some people tried to shoot Stalin but were caught before they got a chance. Too bad one of his flunkies didn't have the guts to shoot him.
And we know Hitler survived numerous assassination plots. I wish Tandey had shot him when he had him in his sights. Me and many millions of other people.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 10:43:14 pm »
Goat wrote:
"Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Trilogy should be mandatory reading for every college student."

I doubt I could work through about 3,000 pages in 3 volumes.
But I do have "the abridged version" (1 volume), and will try to start it before too much longer...