Author Topic: Student wins payout from British university that suspended her over pro-life views  (Read 319 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Student wins payout from British university that suspended her over pro-life views

https://www.christianpost.com/news/uk-student-threatened-with-expulsion-pro-life-views-wins-payout.html

A midwifery student banned from her hospital placement at Nottingham University in England won an apology and settlement from the university.

On Nov. 25, the university apologized to Julia Rynkiewicz for suspending her because of her involvement with the pro-life Students for Life Society and paid her an undisclosed amount. For four months, the university subjected her to a fitness-to-practice investigation because she was a midwife who wanted babies to be born alive. The investigations stopped her studies and left her without access to student financial aid.

Rynkiewicz served as president of Nottingham’s Students for Life. The school said she was unable to be a midwife because of material available at the society’s stall and her public association with the society. Nottingham's school policy officially supports abortion.

"One of Julia’s lecturers lodged a complaint with the university's Midwifery School after interacting with her at the society’s Freshers Fair stall. Julia was suspended from her placement just three days later, before ultimately being cleared by a fitness to practice committee," Laurence Wilkinson, legal counsel at ADF International, wrote in The Spectator earlier this year about the circumstances that led up to her suspension.
Following the dismissal of the allegations against her, she filed a formal complaint with the university in January. Since then, she has negotiated with Nottingham University with the help of ADF International. McLatchie said Rynkiewicz’s victory isn’t a court victory, but it still sets a valuable example to other schools in the U.K.

My emphasis.

A midwifery student who wants babies born alive and not killed at an abortuary? Who'd athunk it?!

Scarcasm aside, this situation has been playing out for over a year, a year of uncertainty and her life being on hold.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online The_Reader_David

Good.  Particularly as the UK has less robust legal protections for free expression and freedom of conscience than are provided by our First Amendment (as extended to the states by prevailing 14th Amendment jurisprudence).

Though she has my sympathy, not only for the needless legal ordeal but because she's studying in Nottingham, which shows up in every list of the 10 worst places to live in England (or even in the UK).  I have a colleague who spent a long visit at U. Nottingham and hates the UK as a result.  I spent a semester at U. Sheffield and lots of time in York when my daughter and her family lived there and quite like the UK (York shows up in every list of the 10 best places to live in England).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Thoughtcrime.