Author Topic: Trump vaccine czar says COVID-19 vaccine side effects noticeable in as many as 15%  (Read 571 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump vaccine czar says COVID-19 vaccine side effects noticeable in as many as 15%
by David Hogberg, Healthcare Reporter |
 | December 01, 2020 01:52 PM

Between 10% and 15% of volunteers in Pfizer’s and Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine trials have “significantly noticeable” side effects, according to the Trump administration’s vaccine czar.

Dr. Moncef Slaoui, the scientific head of Operation Warp Speed, said the side effects can last up to a day and a half. The reported side effects include fever, chills, muscle aches, and headaches, as well as reported redness and pain at the injection site.

“The longer, more important kind of adverse events, such as some autoimmune disease or others, have not been reported in a different way between the placebo group and the vaccine group in these two trials, which is very reassuring,” Slaoui said in an interview with the Washington Post on Monday.

Yet, Slaoui warned that while the short-term and middle-term effects of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are well known, “the very long-term safety is not yet understood by definition.”

Both Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines are reported to be over 94% effective. Both companies have applied to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization, which, if approved, would enable them to distribute the vaccine immediately. The coronavirus vaccine is expected to be available by the third week of December.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-vaccine-czar-says-covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-noticeable-in-as-many-as-15
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Give me the vaccine.   The side effects are a small price to pay for getting my freedom back.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

Give me the vaccine.   The side effects are a small price to pay for getting my freedom back.

I'm more than tempted to receive the shot on a Friday or Saturday and then on Saturday or Sunday do the ~3.2 mile walk from Los Gatos Creek Park to Campbell Park and back again, a walk in two parks.

Mrs. S in CA recently received the 2nd of the two-dose shingles vaccine, and her arm bothered her significantly for several days. After I had my first dose my arm was a bit less sore for several days, and I might have had a very slight fever for a day or so. A bad attack of shingles took my very active and independent 89YO uncle from that state of health to a year in a SNF and then death. I'm not in my 80s, but I respect the seriousness of that kind of risk. I'll be receiving the second shingles vaccine dose in a week or two.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Pete,  I just had my first shingles shot last week.   It's good advice to get one.   No side effects that I noticed.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

What makes you think you'll get your freedom back?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What makes you think you'll get your freedom back?
At what point can they continue to justify these draconian measures? Eventually, if/when the deaths stop and the hospitals stop filling up, there won't be any more excuses.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm more than tempted to receive the shot on a Friday or Saturday and then on Saturday or Sunday do the ~3.2 mile walk from Los Gatos Creek Park to Campbell Park and back again, a walk in two parks.

Mrs. S in CA recently received the 2nd of the two-dose shingles vaccine, and her arm bothered her significantly for several days. After I had my first dose my arm was a bit less sore for several days, and I might have had a very slight fever for a day or so. A bad attack of shingles took my very active and independent 89YO uncle from that state of health to a year in a SNF and then death. I'm not in my 80s, but I respect the seriousness of that kind of risk. I'll be receiving the second shingles vaccine dose in a week or two.

I had shingles a couple of years ago...and I had the first vaccine...I then had to get the newest 2 shot vaccine.

My case of shingles were mild compared to others..on my leg...My mom years ago had them on her face and near her eye..the Dr was afraid it would go in the eye but it didn't.

I suggest you all get the 2-shot vaccine...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Trump vaccine czar says COVID-19 vaccine side effects noticeable in as many as 15%

Gee, what a coincidence.  So is the virus.

If 85% of the people contracting the virus are asymptomatic, then 85% of those getting the vaccine would be asymptomatic, too.  This ain't rocket science, people.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-