Author Topic: Clyburn: Agriculture Department Too Focused On White Midwestern States, Needs A Diversity Pick As Se  (Read 701 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Clyburn: Agriculture Department Too Focused On White Midwestern States, Needs A Diversity Pick As Secretary

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/11/28/clyburn-agriculture-department-focused-white-midwestern-states-needs-diversity-pick-secretary/

Rep. James Clyburn thinks American farmers need a black woman as the next Secretary of Agriculture. He’s tired of white Midwestern states getting all the attention when it comes to the public’s perception of farmers. It is reported that Clyburn is going to bat for Rep. Marcia Fudge to be chosen as the pick for Biden’s cabinet.

Who knew that this cabinet position would cause in-fighting among the Democrats? Clyburn, credited with saving Joe Biden’s presidential campaign with his support for the candidate in the South Carolina primary race, is putting pressure on the incoming administration for more black picks. The irony in Clyburn’s demand that Biden chooses Fudge is that she’s an Ohioan herself. While Clyburn complains that the Midwest gets too much attention, at the expense of states with large black populations like those in the South, his choice is a Midwesterner herself. She ticks the box for a black choice, chosen for the color of her skin, and probably for her gender, too. Clyburn and other Democrats credit a large turn-out of African-American women voters for Biden’s win.

How in Hades is the SecAg's skin color and reproductive plumbing even slightly relevant to growing a good crop of wheat or raising a productive dairy cow? While Fudge has zero experience with farming, neither does Heitcamp or Vilsack (though he was SecAg under Obama, a retread).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Next, the Dems plan on ordering Alaska to plant corn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As Ralphie once famously exclaimed....Oh Fudge!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
As Ralphie once famously exclaimed....Oh Fudge!
Somehow I think Red Forman is more appropriate.

Online Hoodat

Clyburn: Agriculture Department Too Focused On White Midwestern States, Needs A Diversity Pick As Secretary

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat wrote:
"I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

That was a cross between wishful thinking and a lie then, and it remains one today.

I think Mr. Cyburn needs to re-read that famous quote attributed to Willie Sutton (and apply Mr. Sutton's logic to farmin' ...)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Only a racist would make agriculture about the color of one's skin, and it makes no sense not focusing on where the grain grows either.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

:amen:   :thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Marcia Fudge has lived her whole life in the city of Cleveland.

Really? That's about as smart of a choice as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is wowed by the mere sight of small-scale agriculture.

One would think the Black Belt could produce at least one viable candidate for the position who at least lived among farmers. Or do too many of them associate farming with slavery to associate with it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Marcia Fudge has lived her whole life in the city of Cleveland.

Really? That's about as smart of a choice as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is wowed by the mere sight of small-scale agriculture.

One would think the Black Belt could produce at least one viable candidate for the position who at least lived among farmers. Or do too many of them associate farming with slavery to associate with it?
I wonder, do you think one of her first acts would be to ban the farming of white corn, after giving the farms to Black people that is.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How tough can it be? After all Bloomberg could teach them to farm in under 5 minutes....

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis