Author Topic: Donald Trump: ‘Facts Are on Our Side’ in Election Fight, but ‘Time Isn’t’  (Read 5124 times)

Offline skeeter

A variety of places. Including places you would scoff at because its not solely epoch times, gateway pundit, or frontpage magazine.  Yes that means I'll read the WSJ, NYT, the atlantic, drudge, the AP, the economist, axios, the hill.  I know... im a sheep for listening to the lamestream media.

Leftists will claim anything outside mother jones or vox are lies.

Well you can't blame us for being skeptical of most of those sources you listed as they spent most of the past four years feeding the public a constant stream of unsourced, unsubstantiated bullshit critical of the Trump administration. You know, Russia collusion, Ukrainian phone calls, pandemic incompetence, comments disparaging military vets, etc. etc.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just because a meme says it, does not make it so.  Those numbers are not accurate.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/voter-fraud-more-votes-voters-2020/

Rule No. 5 of message boards.....   You better have some data before throwing poo.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Rule No. 5 of message boards.....   You better have some data before throwing poo.

Good heavens, Snopes!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cool, now let's nominate someone that can win the popular vote instead of losing it a second time by a greater margin than the first time. 

Id love to see someone like Larry hogan or one of the sununu brothers run in 2024.
Why do you consider winning the popular vote important?

It has NEVER been used to select a President.

NEVER.

Some like Bill Clinton became President two times without winning the popular vote.

Do you know basic civics?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

NEVER.

Some like Bill Clinton became President two times without winning the popular vote.

Kind of wierd having a Romney-ite crusing our board.  I guess as long as he/she avoids trolling......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Knox27

NEVER.

I do, and I know why the founders instituted the electoral college.  I also know its endangered.  I know that losing the popular vote by increasing margins portends losing the electoral college.  Id take a plurality like Clinton had, at the very least

Offline Knox27

Kind of wierd having a Romney-ite crusing our board.  I guess as long as he/she avoids trolling......

This isn't FR.  It shouldn't be weird having moderate Republicans on a republican message board.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A variety of places. Including places you would scoff at because its not solely epoch times, gateway pundit, or frontpage magazine.  Yes that means I'll read the WSJ, NYT, the atlantic, drudge, the AP, the economist, axios, the hill.  I know... im a sheep for listening to the lamestream media.

@Knox27

You listen to them because they tell you what you want to hear.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This isn't FR.  It shouldn't be weird having moderate Republicans on a republican message board.

No it's pretty wierd.  95%+ of us here are strongly conservative.

Offline Knox27

@Knox27

You listen to them because they tell you what you want to hear.

I disagree, hermano

Offline Knox27

No it's pretty wierd.  95%+ of us here are strongly conservative.

Putting aside the issues I have with what does or does not constitute a "strong conservative" this is, ostensibly, a republican message board, not a conservative one.

In either case, being among the 5 percent is fine by me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Putting aside the issues I have with what does or does not constitute a "strong conservative" this is, ostensibly, a republican message board, not a conservative one.

In either case, being among the 5 percent is fine by me.

Are you a former Catholic Priest by any chance?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Knox27

Lol a non believing jew. As far from a catholic priest as possible

Offline Absalom

Not everyone to the left of you is a leftist.  Classic republican ideals, loathsome to you, are a major part of the future of any republican party that wants to compete nationally.
---------------------------------
Before you begin ranting, suggest you familiarize yourself w/a dose of history.
Firstly I'm not a leftist nor have I ever been one, NOT FOR A DAY!!!
FYI, for several years, I personally knew Wm. Buckley, James Burnham and Russell Kirk;
in case you've heard of any of them!!!
As for "classic republican ideals" the Party never had any ideals, merely platforms & promises.
Our core Principled Conservative Party was the Agrarian & Rural Democrats of the Old South, represented by Founders Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Rutledge, Lee; among dozens.
Sadly they were tarred by slavery, then controlled by the Plantation Class, and as a result destroyed by Civil War War.
The Republican Party was a New England Anti-Slavery Party that emerged in 1856 w/Fremont of California as their candidate.
The R's represented Northern Mercantile interests, having nothing to do w/Principled Conservatism.
W/Lincoln's election they remained politically ascendant for some 70 years controlling the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches until Hoover in 1932; as the Party thrived while we industrialized
post-Civil War.
During their ascendancy, they championed strong centralized government opposing States Rights, trade protectionism applying aggressive excises and tariffs as well as judicial activism.
That remains their legacy/heritage to the present moment; despite all the political blather.
As Adam Smith intuitively grasped, when wealth is the objective, self-interest becomes prominent
as greed emerges powerfully.
At their core the Republican Party represent the Fat Wallet Club and has since day one!!!

Offline roamer_1

The internationalist, collectivist ideology of the left is the sole motive force in American politics because the republican party offers nothing to oppose it.

America First is the only concept that can effectively compete. Unfortunately the idea doesn't offer enough opportunities to the elite to make money.

That of course is a falsity. 'America First' is an opportunist hyphenation of Conservatism, just like all the rest, born in populism, and without either foundation or mortar. It is a collection of catch phrases, not a philosophy.

How dreadful to know that the right has succumbed to such twitterpated noise.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I sold dope disguised as a nun. Does that count?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I sold dope disguised as a nun. Does that count?

Only around Halloween time.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

No. My issue is that we need moderate competent candidates that can win elections.  [...]  How can it not be obvious the republican party needs to get back to the platforms that convinced people to vote for it overwhelmingly

Both winning and what you win is important.

That has never been in the hands of the Moderates. What wins every time is Conservatism - Too bad they don't govern likewise, according to their promises.

Offline roamer_1

The Gospel of Moderacy is a Gospel of Surrender.

AMEN! Preach that all day long!

Offline corbe

@Knox27 I think you'd be surprised at the number of Members here that didn't vote for McCain, Romney or Trump.  Don't let the 'gop' in the address fool you. 
   It is a Conservative Board and not to be confused with a Republican echo chamber  /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

@Knox27 I think you'd be surprised at the number of Members here that didn't vote for McCain, Romney or Trump.  Don't let the 'gop' in the address fool you. 
   It is a Conservative Board and not to be confused with a Republican echo chamber  /JS

BUMP that... From one who did not vote for any of the above.  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

In either case, being among

5 percent is fine by me.

@Knox27

Which establishes as FACT that your mindset is that Republicans are not conservatives.

It is because of people like you that Bubba Bill,Boy Jorge,Bathhouse Barry,and now,Slow Joe Biden became our presidents,as we slid further into the abyss.

Do you deny this?

Offline roamer_1

@Knox27

Which establishes as FACT that your mindset is that Republicans are not conservatives.

It is because of people like you that Bubba Bill,Boy Jorge,Bathhouse Barry,and now,Slow Joe Biden became our presidents,as we slid further into the abyss.

Do you deny this?

I most certainly do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
---------------------------------
Before you begin ranting, suggest you familiarize yourself w/a dose of history.
Firstly I'm not a leftist nor have I ever been one, NOT FOR A DAY!!!
FYI, for several years, I personally knew Wm. Buckley, James Burnham and Russell Kirk;
in case you've heard of any of them!!!
As for "classic republican ideals" the Party never had any ideals, merely platforms & promises.
Our core Principled Conservative Party was the Agrarian & Rural Democrats of the Old South, represented by Founders Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Rutledge, Lee; among dozens.
Sadly they were tarred by slavery, then controlled by the Plantation Class, and as a result destroyed by Civil War War.
The Republican Party was a New England Anti-Slavery Party that emerged in 1856 w/Fremont of California as their candidate.
The R's represented Northern Mercantile interests, having nothing to do w/Principled Conservatism.
W/Lincoln's election they remained politically ascendant for some 70 years controlling the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches until Hoover in 1932; as the Party thrived while we industrialized
post-Civil War.
During their ascendancy, they championed strong centralized government opposing States Rights, trade protectionism applying aggressive excises and tariffs as well as judicial activism.
That remains their legacy/heritage to the present moment; despite all the political blather.
As Adam Smith intuitively grasped, when wealth is the objective, self-interest becomes prominent
as greed emerges powerfully.
At their core the Republican Party represent the Fat Wallet Club and has since day one!!!

@Absalom .

I hope you are sitting down when you read this because I don't want you hurting yourself,but times change and both people,and political parties evolve. Conservatives migrated to the Republican Party after the War of Northern Aggression because there was no place in the Globalist (Dim) Party for them,and it made more sense to join and change an existing weak party than it did to start a new one.

Granted,what is "conservative","moderate","liberal" or any mixture of the three is entirely dependent on the viewers POV,but in GENERAL terms the Republicans were more conservative in every sense of the word than the Dims.

This really wasn't that big a deal at the time because there was no income tax and truthfully,not much to spend an income tax on if there had been one. Steam-powered locomotives and ships were high-tech back then,and there really wasn't a lot for the typical voter to spend their money on.

Then came WW-1 and the idea of an income tax to pay the debts ran up by our involvement in the war.  After all,an America in debt was a dangerous situation,and what harm could come from a temporary income tax to pay our nations debts off and make us strong and independent again? After all,it's not like it would be a permanent tax,right? <S/>

Then,suddenly,it was decided by the government,who was the sole beneficiary of all that "free money" that they could use it to buy votes with by spending it on on modern conveniences like paved roads,running water,electricity to every farm,etc,etc,etc. There was no real need to stop this personal tax on the income and assets of Americans,so why not use all that "free money" to buy votes?

Now,there is room for reasonable people on both sides of this issue to stake out their claims as being just,and the claims of those who disagree with them to be unjust,if not downright selfish.

And,once again,the taxes weren't really high enough to cause most people to panic. After all,they didn't have much to spend their money on,and they could clearly see the benefits of running water for drinking,cooking,and flushing toilets,and they could also see the advantages of electricity and paved roads.

Any welfare programs for the truly needy were ran back then by organized religions or public-service organizations,which is the way they were supposed to be,so paying taxes to support people who couldn't or wouldn't work wasn't a concern.

Howsumever,"NOW" ain't THEN,and the working class people on or near the bottom of the economic ladder are getting awful damn tired of having to pay taxes to support people who won't work to support themselves and their families now that "welfare/aid to the needy" has evolved from a public service effort to reduce suffering for those who can't provide for themselves into a retirement system with free food,housing,utilities,medical care,and even a paycheck each month for people who want to take advantage of the situation. We now have multi-generations of families who have never provided for themselves. The Dims stay in office by  buying their votes with taxpayer money.

This situation is now more insufferable to the lower-economic people of today who pay taxes because they can now see us importing foreigners who are sworn as our enemies into our country and setting THEM up in public housing and early retirement,and the government forcing the working poor to pay all the taxes to support them.

This situation can not stand. Sooner or later it is going to collapse,and it's not going to be pretty when it does.

Frankly,I am surprised Civil War,Part 2 hasn't already started.