Author Topic: Donald Trump: ‘Facts Are on Our Side’ in Election Fight, but ‘Time Isn’t’  (Read 5130 times)

Offline corbe

100% of the Politicians that I can tolerate make up 5% of the Party of these idiots.
    It's just a vehicle, albeit a broken down vehicle.

And Conservatives are getting tired of pushing your crap across the finish line.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Knox27

100% of the Politicians that I can tolerate make up 5% of the Party of these idiots.
    It's just a vehicle, albeit a broken down vehicle.

And Conservatives are getting tired of pushing your crap across the finish line.

Look, youre not the only one that thinks if it as a party of idiots.  I think we just differ on who the idiots are in the party.  I think its the evangelicals and the Trumpers....so that leaves 5 percent for me also

Offline corbe

Look, youre not the only one that thinks if it as a party of idiots.  I think we just differ on who the idiots are in the party.  I think its the evangelicals and the Trumpers....so that leaves 5 percent for me also

I don't disagree with your statement, either @Knox27
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

@Absalom .
I hope you are sitting down when you read this because I don't want you hurting yourself, but times change and both people, and political parties evolve. Conservatives migrated to the Republican Party after the War of Northern Aggression because there was no place in the Globalist (Dim) Party for them, and it made more sense to join and change an existing weak party than it did to start anew.
Granted, what is "conservative","moderate","liberal" or any mixture of the three is entirely dependent on the viewers POV, but in GENERAL terms the Republicans were more conservative in every sense of the word than the Dims.
This really wasn't that big a deal at the time because there was no income tax and truthfully, not much to spend an income tax on if there had been one. Steam-powered locomotives and ships were high-tech back then, and there really wasn't a lot for the typical voter to spend their money on.
Then came WW-1 and the idea of an income tax to pay the debts ran up by our involvement in the war.  After all, an America in debt was a dangerous situation, and what harm could come from a temporary income tax to pay our nations debts off and make us strong and independent again?
After all, it's not like it would be a permanent tax, right?
----------------------------
A brief rejoinder:
* Principled Conservatism and party politics have nothing to do w/each other and/or in common,
   be it the USA, the British Empire or the Athenian Assembly in Greece; the reason Plato
   was never a member of the latter.
* Your "Globalist Dim Party" didn't exist for the 70 years following Lincoln and the R political
   ascendancy.
* We were an isolationist nation from Founding till 1920; some 125 years.
* The 16th Amendment which levied taxes on incomes was ratified in 1913, while we
   entered WW1 late in 1917. The former had nothing to do w/paying war debts.
The rest of your narrative is a rehash of one of Limbaugh's daily run on sentences.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:06:11 pm by Absalom »

Offline Absalom

That of course is a falsity. 'America First' is an opportunist hyphenation of Conservatism, just like all the rest, born in populism, and without either foundation or mortar. It is a collection of catch phrases, not a philosophy.
How dreadful to know that the right has succumbed to such twitter pated noise.
-----------------------
Roamer, insightful and on the mark per usual.
Current R politicos are the same as those of the past; the only
difference being that the newbies have updated the clichés!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:35:15 am by Absalom »

Online roamer_1

-----------------------
Roamer, insightful and on the mark per usual.
Current R politicos are the same as those of the past; the only
difference being that the newbies have updated the clichés!!!

:beer:  :seeya:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do, and I know why the founders instituted the electoral college.  I also know its endangered.  I know that losing the popular vote by increasing margins portends losing the electoral college.  Id take a plurality like Clinton had, at the very least
Then you failed civics class.

The Constitution is crystal clear that the states, and only the states, decide the selection of a President using the electoral college.

There is not even a mandate to have a vote for President, so it makes zero difference on whether a popular vote or any vote for that matter is done.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Knox27

Then you failed civics class.

The Constitution is crystal clear that the states, and only the states, decide the selection of a President using the electoral college.

There is not even a mandate to have a vote for President, so it makes zero difference on whether a popular vote or any vote for that matter is done.

Please read what I wrote.  I know how the electoral college works.  My two very obvious points were the 1. The electoral college may not exist much longer and 2.  The inevitability that greater margins of losing the popular vote will lead to consistently losing the electoral college.

Republicans have an advantage in both the EC and thanks to gerrymandering, representation in the house.  Both will not hold up much longer.

Please read what I wrote.  I know how the electoral college works.  My two very obvious points were the 1. The electoral college may not exist much longer and 2.  The inevitability that greater margins of losing the popular vote will lead to consistently losing the electoral college.

Republicans have an advantage in both the EC and thanks to gerrymandering, representation in the house.  Both will not hold up much longer.
Why would they not hold out?  Are you suggesting the Constitution will no longer be valid or be changed somehow?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Knox27

Why would they not hold out?  Are you suggesting the Constitution will no longer be valid or be changed somehow?

Yes. I am suggesting a real possibility the contitution will he changed to drop the electoral college in favor of a simple popular vote.

But even if it remains, the southern strategy is dead.  Texas is not a 15 point win.  I believe trumpism will lead to big losses.  Trump has a unique ability, and this is not a compliment, to drag voters along through personality.

When his sycophants run on his platform, they will not be able to do that. 

Offline Absalom

Yes. I am suggesting a real possibility the constitution will he changed to drop the electoral college in favor of a simple popular vote.
But even if it remains, the southern strategy is dead.  Texas is not a 15 point win.  I believe trumpism will lead to big losses.  Trump has a unique ability, and this is not a compliment, to drag voters along through personality.
---------------------
While your speculation about our voting mechanisms may/may not materialize,
your assertion about Trump is on the mark, as his attitudes, behaviors, impulses
and sentiments are emphatically hardly the norm for any leader of achievement,
which his wise Scots-Gael mother grasped very early in his life.
Yet his followers refuse to accept this, insisting he is the victim of the forces of evil.
The results of this election were enlightening, as the Republicans are within reach 
of holding the Senate w/a +4 advantage, gaining very substantially in the House
while Trump was decisively defeated, notwithstanding his assertions.
Repeating an analogy, ours was a "Parliamentary Election" where the leader was
removed thru a vote of No Confidence, while his party was returned to office.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:02:28 pm by Absalom »

Yes. I am suggesting a real possibility the contitution will he changed to drop the electoral college in favor of a simple popular vote.

You appear all over the place.

First you claim that winning a popular vote is important to the selection of a President.

Then when I refute that claim, you jump around and say you know what the electoral college is.  Since it has nothing to do with the popular vote, it is obvious you are oblivious to what it does.

Now you are saying the electoral college is ending.

And your final thrust exposes you as simply a Trump hater.

I need to discuss with someone else that makes sense rather than someone who jumps around.

Offline Knox27

You appear all over the place.

First you claim that winning a popular vote is important to the selection of a President.

Then when I refute that claim, you jump around and say you know what the electoral college is.  Since it has nothing to do with the popular vote, it is obvious you are oblivious to what it does.

Now you are saying the electoral college is ending.

And your final thrust exposes you as simply a Trump hater.

I need to discuss with someone else that makes sense rather than someone who jumps around.

Lol.

Ill make sure my future responses to you require no parsing

Offline verga

Exactly right although I don't blame Trump for it, it was that SOB Paul Ryan.
tip of the Iceberg Milady. Collins, Murkowski, Romney, and McLame. All a hand in driving the Never Trumpers. there is more than enough blame to go around. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
tip of the Iceberg Milady. Collins, Murkowski, Romney, and McLame. All a hand in driving the Never Trumpers. there is more than enough blame to go around.

@verga

ALL of whom refused to vote for or support Trump because of their "High Principles".

Makes me wonder what color the sky is on their home planets.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!