General Category > Immigration/Border

Surprise to Some, Americans from All Walks of Life Support Long-Term Immigration Limits

(1/1)

rangerrebew:

Surprise to Some, Americans from All Walks of Life Support Long-Term Immigration Limits

Published: 
Tue, Nov 17th 2020 @ 7:03 pm EST

According to recent exit polling conducted by Zogby Analytics on behalf of the Federation for American Immigration Reform a majority of voters still strongly favor strengthened border restrictions and tight limits on admission of foreign guest workers during the ongoing health and economic crisis and beyond.

In what may be a surprise for some, the poll went on to reveal that majorities of all voters – Democrats, Republicans, and Independents – believe that in the longer-term (post-Covid-19), overall levels of immigration should be reduced to prevent excessive U.S. population growth, and protect American jobs.

Broken down by political party, Republicans had the highest support for long-term reductions in total immigration, the most important factor fueling population growth and severely limiting economic opportunities for Americans, with 78% agreeing. Democrats supported the notion by 54% and Independents, with the lowest approval, still barely broke a majority with 51.4%.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/surprise-some-americans-all-walks-life-support-long-term-immigration-limits

IsailedawayfromFR:
It is one reason why Starr County(Texas), of which over 80% are Hispanic, voted GOP for the first time in a long, long time.

Fishrrman:
"According to recent exit polling conducted by Zogby Analytics..."

communists don't conduct, nor do they pay attention to polls.
And that's how it's going to be once they're in power.
The time is growing short -- actually, much shorter than I predicted in my "American Timeline" which I've posted often...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version