Author Topic: The Way Ahead for the Large Deck Carrier: The Perspective of Rear Admiral Meier, Commander, Naval A  (Read 354 times)

rangerrebew

The Way Ahead for the Large Deck Carrier: The Perspective of Rear Admiral Meier, Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic
11/23/2020

By Robbin Laird

The day before we flew to the USS Gerald R. Ford, I sat down with Rear Admiral Meier, Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic, in his Norfolk office, to discuss the way ahead for Naval Air Force, and the next generation large deck carrier.

I would call it that rather than simply a large deck aircraft carrier, because of the warfighting ecosystem which is being crafted by the U.S. Navy and the joint and coalition force to shape a kill web ecosystem.

This is one in which each core platform works with its appropriate mates to shape interactive strike and defense combat clusters operating across the extended battlespace.

https://sldinfo.com/2020/11/the-way-ahead-for-the-large-deck-carrier-the-perspective-of-rear-admiral-meier-commander-naval-air-force-atlantic/

Offline Blutarsky

• Please help trapped under Area 51
    • The vaccine is ready for the gullible drones
The Way Ahead for the Large Deck Carrier: The Perspective of Rear Admiral Meier, Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic
11/23/2020

By Robbin Laird

The day before we flew to the USS Gerald R. Ford, I sat down with Rear Admiral Meier, Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic, in his Norfolk office, to discuss the way ahead for Naval Air Force, and the next generation large deck carrier.

I would call it that rather than simply a large deck aircraft carrier, because of the warfighting ecosystem which is being crafted by the U.S. Navy and the joint and coalition force to shape a kill web ecosystem.

This is one in which each core platform works with its appropriate mates to shape interactive strike and defense combat clusters operating across the extended battlespace.

https://sldinfo.com/2020/11/the-way-ahead-for-the-large-deck-carrier-the-perspective-of-rear-admiral-meier-commander-naval-air-force-atlantic/
Carriers are obsolete, they are the last place anyone would want to be in a conflict with a modern missile equipped enemy
Trust no one.....................

Offline PeteS in CA

Carriers are obsolete, they are the last place anyone would want to be in a conflict with a modern missile equipped enemy

That's been claimed since at least the 1970s. And yet carriers obstinately persist in sailing on and contributing in multiple wars and combats over the past 4 decades.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Blutarsky

That's been claimed since at least the 1970s. And yet carriers obstinately persist in sailing on and contributing in multiple wars and combats over the past 4 decades.
That is because the last modern enemy that the USA faced with a carrier was Japan

Korea, the North Koreans had what weapons, rifles and grenades, no carrier threat
Vietnam, had dudes digging holes along side the ho chi minh trail, no carrier threat
Iraq had the deadly scud that could not hit the bunker that it was in, no carrier threat
Afghanistan had IED's and camel brigades, no carrier threat.

So again the carrier is obsolite against missiles flying 1.7 miles per second

Or do you want to attack more camels

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If China doesn't already possess weapons that make carriers little more than sitting ducks, it will have them in the not-too-distant future.

Especially after the harris-biden regime sells them the necessary technological secrets...

Offline Blutarsky

If China doesn't already possess weapons that make carriers little more than sitting ducks, it will have them in the not-too-distant future.

Especially after the harris-biden regime sells them the necessary technological secrets...

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/chinas-df-21-and-df-26-carrier-killer-missiles-how-dangerous-167940

rangerrebew

@PeteS in CA

I know the Russkies had a satellite in the early 70s that could pick up any surface ship within 6 nautical miles.  I have argued since then the entire surface Navy is obsolete and the Navy needed to go totally subsurface.  Then, because subs are so hard to find it would unsettle the rest of the world.  However, carriers are good PR, expensive PR, but good.

@Blutarsky 

There is some comfort knowing every other ship in the Navy is supposed to sacrifice itself to save the carrier.  However, what I can't figure out is why Russia, and China are building carriers since they know we have the same ability to destroy theirs, too.

Offline Blutarsky

@PeteS in CA

I know the Russkies had a satellite in the early 70s that could pick up any surface ship within 6 nautical miles.  I have argued since then the entire surface Navy is obsolete and the Navy needed to go totally subsurface.  Then, because subs are so hard to find it would unsettle the rest of the world.  However, carriers are good PR, expensive PR, but good.

@Blutarsky 

There is some comfort knowing every other ship in the Navy is supposed to sacrifice itself to save the carrier.  However, what I can't figure out is why Russia, and China are building carriers since they know we have the same ability to destroy theirs, too.

Not sure if Russia has any supercarriers, perhaps light helicopter carriers.  China is building some as they have to prove that they can use the information that they sucked off of American engineers. 

As for why the USA needs 11 carrier groups where the center ship is a bullseye 24/7/365 from space for sea skimmer missiles that are invisible to radar, all I can say is someone is still fighting the Japs in WW2

Offline PeteS in CA

Not sure if Russia has any supercarriers, perhaps light helicopter carriers.  China is building some as they have to prove that they can use the information that they sucked off of American engineers

As for why the USA needs 11 carrier groups where the center ship is a bullseye 24/7/365 from space for sea skimmer missiles that are invisible to radar, all I can say is someone is still fighting the Japs in WW2

Why do I find this ignorance unsurprising?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

Carriers are great unless you are fighting a modern high tech enemy.

How long do you think it would take us to sink any carrier on the planet if we wanted to? And we could do it with zero casualties on our part.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bluta wrote:
"China is building some as they have to prove that they can use the information that they sucked off of American engineers."

They may prove useful for when (not "if") China eventually invades Taiwan.

However, they may not even choose to wait that long. I sense the harris-biden regime will do nothing if China "makes its move" on the island in the near future...