Author Topic: REPORT: GOP Plans To Block Certain Biden Cabinet Picks, Dems May Offer ‘Sacrificial Lamb’  (Read 394 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dylan Housman
Contributor
November 23, 2020 4:56 PM ET

Members of the GOP Senate majority are discussing the possibility of not confirming certain nominations President-elect Joe Biden will make to both his cabinet and the judiciary, according to a new report from Axios.

Senate aides involved in the discussions reportedly say that the top targets will be appointees who were loud critics of Trump or played a key part in impeachment hearings, according to Axios. Some names that were mentioned include Sally Yates, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and Susan Rice, Axios reports.

Alayna Treene
@alaynatreene
New: Republicans are quietly preparing to torpedo some of Joe Biden's prospective Cabinet, agency and judicial nominees if the GOP keeps its majority, aides involved in the discussions tell me

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/23/gop-senate-block-joe-biden-cabinet-judicial-nominees-dems-sacrificial-lamb/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Repukes will go right back to bending over for their Rat Masters.

Offline PeteS in CA

If Biden is President the Rs should not adopt the Ds' tactic of obstructing every Trump appointee. Biden appointees who are clearly unsuitable (e.g. openly tyrannous, chronic cover-up artists, known abusers of power) should be blocked if possible and raked over the coals whether they are blocked or not. However sweet revenge might seem to be, what is good for the country should be greater.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Any "republican" cooperating in any way with these frauds should be considered an enemy.

The rats have set the standard and have guaranteed our government will be totally dis-functional from now on.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:58:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If Biden is President the Rs should not adopt the Ds' tactic of obstructing every Trump appointee. Biden appointees who are clearly unsuitable (e.g. openly tyrannous, chronic cover-up artists, known abusers of power) should be blocked if possible and raked over the coals whether they are blocked or not. However sweet revenge might seem to be, what is good for the country should be greater.

Obstruction and impeachment probably kept Trump from realizing at least half of his agenda.  We should return the favor X 10. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

Shouldn't they be concentrating on keeping their majority?

Offline skeeter

Obstruction and impeachment probably kept Trump from realizing at least half of his agenda.  We should return the favor X 10.

Complete destruction of the rat party in its current incarnation IS a service to the country.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Shouldn't they be concentrating on keeping their majority?

I'll go own record that I think there is a 60-75% chance of a significant economic downturn between now and the 2022 elections.  Unless "The Steal" can be perpetuated, the GOP taking the house is a pretty decent bet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

I'll go own record that I think there is a 60-75% chance of a significant economic downturn between now and the 2022 elections.  Unless "The Steal" can be perpetuated, the GOP taking the house is a pretty decent bet.

FWIW, there are some big investors who starting to get out of the markets and are buying farmland.

I think a downturn is all but guaranteed even if the Pubs hold the Senate and I'm not all that sure they will.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mountaineer

That's what I'm afraid of.  9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
That's what I'm afraid of.  9999hair out0000

Networks cleared their deck for a "speshul" report so Pedo Joe could introduce his cast of clowns.  What a f'n joke/

Online mountaineer

Networks cleared their deck for a "speshul" report so Pedo Joe could introduce his cast of clowns.  What a f'n joke/
Yeah, big news. Joe recycles innumerable retreads from previous Dem administrations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
PeteS wrote:
"However sweet revenge might seem to be, what is good for the country should be greater."

No.
There are NO democrat-communist nominations that will be "good for the country".
NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

And revenge IS "sweet", when it's properly taken.
I say,
TAKE IT.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What I'd like to see?  McConnell re-installs the filibuster just for Cabinet positions (assuming he's still majority leader).  Maybe for Judges, too.  The rule for Judges was changed by a simple majority vote, but to make the changes last past the current session it takes 2/3rds, I think.  Maybe 60 votes?

Just refuse to pass the enabling resolution that will come in the first few days.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:10:21 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

The Allman Brothers Band - Ain't Wasting Time

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Of course they will.  One more Republican senator is not going to change this.