Author Topic: Trudeau unveils new net-zero emissions plan to meet climate change targets  (Read 217 times)

rangerrebew

Trudeau unveils new net-zero emissions plan to meet climate change targets

Critics decry legislation that doesn't include penalties for failing to meet targets
John Paul Tasker · CBC News · Posted: Nov 19, 2020 8:19 AM ET | Last Updated: November 20

Environment and Climate Change Minister Jonathan Wilkinson tabled new legislation today that would force current and future federal governments to set binding climate targets to get Canada to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.

The bill, if passed, would require the federal government to set five-year interim emissions reduction targets over the next 30 years to ensure progress toward that ambitious goal.

The legislation, C-12, fulfils a Liberal election promise to be more aggressive at cutting greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, and to get Canada to net-zero emissions by 2050.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/net-zero-emissions-1.5807877

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trudeau unveils new net-zero emissions plan to meet climate change targets
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 02:07:44 pm »
#7 in world in oil production, and the one western nation probably most depedent (sans Norway) on its oil to keep its economy afloat.
He thnks he can operate a E & P and petrochemical facilities with zero emissions?  There is no such thing as zero emissions at these places.  I used to count this shit for a living.

You cannot fix liberal stupidity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.