Author Topic: Russian power plant halts operation due to snow cyclone  (Read 213 times)

rangerrebew

Russian power plant halts operation due to snow cyclone
« on: November 23, 2020, 04:55:46 pm »

November 22, 2020 by Robert

Over 90,000 residents of the city of Vladivostok city left without electricity; some houses without heat supply. State of emergency declared.

MOSCOW, 19 Nov –  The Vostochnaya Combined Heat and Power Plant (CHPP) in Vladivostok has halted electricity generation because of heavy ice with wind, press service of the Russian Energy Ministry told TASS on Thursday.

“The Energy Ministry exercises special control over power supply in the Primorsky Region: a portion of power transmission line turned off due to heavy snow with wind; Vostochnaya CHPP halted electricity generation, and power supply to a portion of consumers has been disrupted,” the press service says.

The Vladivostok Administration has introduced a state of emergency in the city because of large-scale power tripping during the snow cyclone.

https://tass.com/emergencies/1225521

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Russian power plant halts operation due to snow cyclone
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 09:33:40 pm »
November 22, 2020 by Robert

Over 90,000 residents of the city of Vladivostok city left without electricity; some houses without heat supply. State of emergency declared.

MOSCOW, 19 Nov –  The Vostochnaya Combined Heat and Power Plant (CHPP) in Vladivostok has halted electricity generation because of heavy ice with wind, press service of the Russian Energy Ministry told TASS on Thursday.

“The Energy Ministry exercises special control over power supply in the Primorsky Region: a portion of power transmission line turned off due to heavy snow with wind; Vostochnaya CHPP halted electricity generation, and power supply to a portion of consumers has been disrupted,” the press service says.

The Vladivostok Administration has introduced a state of emergency in the city because of large-scale power tripping during the snow cyclone.

https://tass.com/emergencies/1225521

Back on New Year's Eve in 1978  West and North Texas and Oklahoma had a major ice storm that came within an ace of blacking out both states. During the evening of December 30, an ice storm started that eventually deposited almost 2" of ice. I was in Childress for a wedding that evening and when I woke up on the 31st, I looked outside to almost a half inch of ice on my car. My girlfriend and I immediately got dressed, packed up and started driving towards Dallas. It took over 4 hours to get past the ice line just a few miles east of Bowie. It did take out one transmission line and natural gas curtailments to several plants almost took them out too, but they had enough fuel oil to just get them through it. The very next year, teh PUC in their idiocy forced all the utilities to reduce their fuel oil storage to make it look like the PUC was saving the ratepayers money.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:17:08 pm »
Remember when it was just called "Winter"?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 10:51:17 pm »
dfw, 2020:
"Remember when it was just called "Winter"?"

Fishrrman, 2024:
"Remember when we had something called "electricity?"