Author Topic: Jailed For Liberty  (Read 92 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Jailed For Liberty
« on: November 23, 2020, 02:01:33 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Michael Quinn Sullivan November 20, 2020

Being a prisoner of conscience requires having principles that aren’t dulled by convenience or comfort.

Would you go to jail for what you believe in? Would you give up your freedom in the pursuit of liberty? Are you sure?

I’ve been asking myself that recently. It’s not that I feel immediately threatened with imprisonment, but because in doing some reading about views of citizenship in the Bible I was reminded the Apostle Paul was arrested at least three times. The first time his imprisonment lasted a day, the second for five years, and the third for less than a year though ending with his martyrdom.---

Our Founding Fathers famously pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to the cause of liberty. That included the knowledge they, and possibly their families, would be imprisoned – before being marched to the gallows. Comparatively, today we risk much less.

A flashpoint in the Civil Rights Movement was a woman willing to be jailed over race-based bus seating assignments to make an indelible point about systemic injustice.---

But no one in my lifetime has more readily embraced imprisonment for the cause of liberty than Shelley Luther. The former school teacher is a part-time rock band performer and a full-time salon owner.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/life/jailed-for-liberty/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Jailed For Liberty
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:42:08 pm »
"Jailed For Liberty..."

Gonna be a lot of 'em in the years and decades ahead...