Author Topic: Grassroots to Lawmakers: No More ‘Purple Sessions’  (Read 189 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Grassroots to Lawmakers: No More ‘Purple Sessions’
« on: November 23, 2020, 01:55:49 pm »
Texas Scorecard By Brandon Waltens November 20, 2020

“We call on Republican legislators to step up right now. We want to see bills filed for these priorities—real bills, not fake show bills.” –JoAnn Fleming

Just weeks after an election in which Democrat efforts to turn Texas blue were soundly rejected by voters, conservative grassroots leaders are calling on lawmakers in the state Capitol to start working on passing Republican priorities—beginning with selecting a new speaker of the House.

In a coalition letter signed by nearly 200 conservative political influencers across the state, the group calls on Republicans in the Texas House to nominate a speaker candidate that will promise the following commitments:

•   Each Republican Party of Texas legislative priority will receive a vote on the floor of the Texas House.

•   All House committees shall be chaired by Republicans and shall be composed of a majority of Republicans.

•   Rules will be amended to require legislation having the support of a majority of the Texas House shall be sent to the floor for a vote.

Though Republicans currently hold an 83-67 majority of seats in the chamber, frustration has grown over the failure of Republican priorities—such as constitutional carry, election integrity, and abolishing abortion—to receive votes on the floor of the House, in part because of bills being sent to Democrat-led committees.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/grassroots-to-lawmakers-no-more-purple-sessions/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Grassroots to Lawmakers: No More ‘Purple Sessions’
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 02:24:57 pm »
I support this 100%!

There are plenty of RINOs in the Texas legislature who can chair those committees! No need for Democrats to do that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:27:59 pm »
I support this 100%!

There are plenty of RINOs in the Texas legislature who can chair those committees! No need for Democrats to do that!

I second that motion.

What's the point of voting for the Rs if they're just going to empower the Ds?
James 1:20

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 02:49:20 pm »
I support this 100%!

And never, never select a Democrat for Speaker like Strauss
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington