Author Topic: Wall Street extends COVID-19 vaccine rally, Dow tops 30K  (Read 438 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Wall Street extends COVID-19 vaccine rally, Dow tops 30K
« on: November 24, 2020, 08:51:40 pm »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-november-24-2020-233338198.html

<snipit>
Optimism over the imminent deployment of a COVID-19 vaccine propelled the Dow Jones Industrial Average above 30,000 for the first time ever on Tuesday, extending a breathtaking rally that’s carried stocks deep into a bull market.

Encouraging developments in the fight against the coronavirus have sent markets on a tear, even as the coronavirus crisis deepens around the world. The Dow is up over 13% in November, and is now more than 10,000 points higher than the multi-year low it breached in March, when panic over the virus’ spread cratered global markets.
===================================================================================

Beware of Shiny Objects.   Recent run ups like this  tells me either (1) Market is factoring in the $7.5T inflationary pressure of Biden's upcoming spending spree, or (2) Overreaction to COVID news not realizing that the Biden shutdown will have a gut busting effect on 4Q '20 and 1Q '21 numbers.  Anyone adding positions in this situation, isn't thinking just right
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:53:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Wall Street extends COVID-19 vaccine rally, Dow tops 30K
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 09:34:07 pm »
Oh great. Another bubble.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 09:40:45 pm »

Biden will pr*ck the bubble. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 10:01:50 pm »

In a few years we will either be having conversations of ...  "remember way back when the DJIA was 30,000"

or....

"Anyone know of any supermarkets selling a loaf of bread for under $10."

The biggest danger is if the GOP loses the senate, and they  have a 2 year head start on  NGD implementation.....

Pedo Joe already named his Climate Change Czar.  It's coming folks......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 10:04:10 pm »
In a few years we will either be having conversations of ...  "remember way back when the DJIA was 30,000"

or....

"Anyone know of any supermarkets selling a loaf of bread for under $10."

The biggest danger is if the GOP loses the senate, and they  have a 2 year head start on  NGD implementation.....

Pedo Joe already named his Climate Change Czar.  It's coming folks......
So silver might really hit $50?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 10:05:48 pm »

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 10:09:16 pm »
So silver might really hit $50?

I think it might, and gold even at $3000/oz  In either scenario of a crash or hyperinflation, metals and income producting land like farmland may be one of the few safe havens around. 

My hope is we retain the senate as a last firewall, regain the house in 2022, and the presidency in 2024, and keep it afloat.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:10:02 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 10:35:11 pm »
I think it might, and gold even at $3000/oz  In either scenario of a crash or hyperinflation, metals and income producting land like farmland may be one of the few safe havens around. 

My hope is we retain the senate as a last firewall, regain the house in 2022, and the presidency in 2024, and keep it afloat.
If this fraud stands, there might as well not be any more elections until after the SHTF.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 11:16:19 pm »
If this fraud stands, there might as well not be any more elections until after the SHTF.

If this fraud stands we may not have reliable electricty or fuel.