Author Topic: Merkel’s Germany Tells Trump Not to Bring Troops Home from Afghanistan  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Merkel’s Germany Tells Trump Not to Bring Troops Home from Afghanistan
Breitbart, Nov 21, 2020

The German government has come out in opposition to President Donald Trump’s plan to bring American troops home from Afghanistan, arguing that putting an end to America’s longest war would be too “hasty”.

Members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government said that President Trump’s planned reduction of the American military presence in Afghanistan from 4,500 troops to 2,500 troops by January 15th would endanger peace negotiations between the Taliban and the Afghan government.

German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said: “It shouldn’t be taken for granted that these two sides, after decades of conflict, are sitting at the negotiating table to begin talking to one another in a constructive way.”

“That’s why we shouldn’t add even more hurdles, which a rash exit from Afghanistan would lead to,” he said.

Germany’s Defence Minister, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, argued that there should not be a reduction in NATO forces in the country if a peace agreement is not reached, saying: “As before, that is the basis we’re working off of.”

The German military joined the coalition efforts in Afghanistan following the September 11th terror attacks. At its height, Germany deployed 5,000 soldiers to the South Asian country, but now has approximately 1,250 soldiers deployed.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/21/merkels-germany-tells-trump-not-to-bring-troops-home-from-afghanistan/

Offline mountaineer

Obvious question: if she wants more troops there, why not send her own?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Send them refugees.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Hasty" --- 20 years, and the withdrawal is hasty.   888mouth

Offline skeeter

Gotta hurry up and get the big dog back on his leash.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This from the bimbo running the wealthiest country in Europe who FAILS every year to pony up their share of dollars for the defense of NATO countries.  F*&k her!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This from the bimbo running the wealthiest country in Europe who FAILS every year to pony up their share of dollars for the defense of NATO countries.  F*&k her!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you. Bring the pole.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bring the troops home from Afghanistan and move the troops and equipment from Germany to Poland and Hungary. By the way doesn't the old cow know that Biden won't care what she wants unless it's the same thing his master in China wants?

Offline Blutarsky

• Please help trapped under Area 51
    • The vaccine is ready for the gullible drones
Merkel’s Germany Tells Trump Not to Bring Troops Home from Afghanistan
Breitbart, Nov 21, 2020

The German government has come out in opposition to President Donald Trump’s plan to bring American troops home from Afghanistan, arguing that putting an end to America’s longest war would be too “hasty”.

Members of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government said that President Trump’s planned reduction of the American military presence in Afghanistan from 4,500 troops to 2,500 troops by January 15th would endanger peace negotiations between the Taliban and the Afghan government.

German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said: “It shouldn’t be taken for granted that these two sides, after decades of conflict, are sitting at the negotiating table to begin talking to one another in a constructive way.”

“That’s why we shouldn’t add even more hurdles, which a rash exit from Afghanistan would lead to,” he said.

Germany’s Defence Minister, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, argued that there should not be a reduction in NATO forces in the country if a peace agreement is not reached, saying: “As before, that is the basis we’re working off of.”

The German military joined the coalition efforts in Afghanistan following the September 11th terror attacks. At its height, Germany deployed 5,000 soldiers to the South Asian country, but now has approximately 1,250 soldiers deployed.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/21/merkels-germany-tells-trump-not-to-bring-troops-home-from-afghanistan/

Perhaps the USA should send some unfed troops to Germany and let them hunt

Again
Trust no one.....................

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Perhaps the USA should send some unfed troops to Germany and let them hunt

Again

Really hunt. Again. Not some political stunt.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Someone should remind Merkel that the last time some Kraut in Berlin tried to tell America what to do it didn't turn out so well for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jafo2010

HEY! Cut her some slack!

After all,she has a whole country full of Muslims to appease,and they don't pay taxes,they only take tax money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@jafo2010

HEY! Cut her some slack!

After all,she has a whole country full of Muslims to appease,and they don't pay taxes,they only take tax money.

Why does that sound like here?

Offline corbe

GTF Out of Afghanistan, we wuped the Taliban's azz in 11 days with Special Forces, Strategic Bombing and last but certainly not least, The Northern Alliance, since, it seems just another DOD sponsored Vietnam Hamburger Hill.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Blutarsky

GTF Out of Afghanistan, we wuped the Taliban's azz in 11 days with Special Forces, Strategic Bombing and last but certainly not least, The Northern Alliance, since, it seems just another DOD sponsored Vietnam Hamburger Hill.

I am really not impressed by a girl who is wearing a mask because she is obviously afraid of catching an internet virus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why does that sound like here?

@bigheadfred

It doesn't yet,but give the Dims 4 years to import plane and boat loads of Muslim immigrants,and it will.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

I added extra Masks just for you, tonight @Blutarsky
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Blutarsky

I added extra Masks just for you, tonight @Blutarsky

So your life is better when no one has to see your face?

I understand

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Blutarsky, please knock off the personal attacks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Good luck with that.  But WTF   you got to do what you got to do!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Blutarsky

Good luck with that.  But WTF   you got to do what you got to do!

Cutie isn't he

Cyber Note:  I smallified the image.  Please use this parameter for the IMG command:  [ img width=500]...image link...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:19:33 am by Cyber Liberty »

Offline Blutarsky

These people are hypnotized and will all suffer serious lung disease from restricting their breathing.

Case in point during the radio broadcast when the Martians landed in Grovers Mill, which was a radio show, not real.  Some people rolled on the floor laughing as others ran around screaming.  When the radio reported poison gas coming from the fake ship, some went outside, smelled the gas, then went back inside and called the police.

These people are now going to suffer from COPD after damaging their lungs.  For what?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
These people are hypnotized and will all suffer serious lung disease from restricting their breathing.

Case in point during the radio broadcast when the Martians landed in Grovers Mill, which was a radio show, not real.  Some people rolled on the floor laughing as others ran around screaming.  When the radio reported poison gas coming from the fake ship, some went outside, smelled the gas, then went back inside and called the police.

These people are now going to suffer from COPD after damaging their lungs.  For what?

I'm going to assume "these people" are not Members of TBR.  I happen to agree with you...masks are worse then useless, they are causing physiological damage that will take years to assess.  The hysteria and panic is doing far, far more damage than a disease with a 99.97% survival rate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Blutarsky

I'm going to assume "these people" are not Members of TBR.  I happen to agree with you...masks are worse then useless, they are causing physiological damage that will take years to assess.  The hysteria and panic is doing far, far more damage than a disease with a 99.97% survival rate.
Since you agree, and all that is required for evil to succeed, is for good people to do nothing.  Are good people not required to at least try to inform those that are either just gullible or perhaps fully hypnotized that they are destroying themselves so another can reap some sadistic benefit? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since you agree, and all that is required for evil to succeed, is for good people to do nothing.  Are good people not required to at least try to inform those that are either just gullible or perhaps fully hypnotized that they are destroying themselves so another can reap some sadistic benefit?

Sure, as long as we're not trying to "Out-Karen the Karens."  At some point, when we're trying to help people who don't want the help from us, we become "the problem."

BTW, this is wide of the Topic, to which we should return. 

"Merkel’s Germany Tells Trump Not to Bring Troops Home from Afghanistan"
I will NOT comply.