Author Topic: L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti: Cuts to Police Did Not Lead to Homicide Spike  (Read 289 times)

rangerrebew

L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti: Cuts to Police Did Not Lead to Homicide Spike

Joel B. Pollak23 Nov 2020540

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti denied Monday that cutting funds to the Los Angeles Police Department had led to a spike in homicides.

Earlier Monday, Breitbart News and other outlets reported that L.A. had reached 300 homicides thus far in 2020, the highest since 2009.

Earlier this year, Garcetti announced cuts of $150 million to the police. The homicide division is one that has suffered cuts as a result.

Garcetti defended his decision in response to a question from Breitbart News at a press briefing Monday evening.

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2020/11/23/l-a-mayor-eric-garcetti-cuts-to-police-did-not-lead-to-homicide-spike/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti: Cuts to Police Did Not Lead to Homicide Spike
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 03:52:25 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 05:45:28 pm »
Well, the $150M cut wasn't the sole cause (though Garcetti probably supported most of the other causes), but that quibble aside:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 05:51:53 pm »
Well, the $150M cut wasn't the sole cause (though Garcetti probably supported most of the other causes), but that quibble aside:

Okay , I give up.  What does a satellite photo of the Nile Delta have to do with murder rates in LA.....

Okay 10 seconds later.   Denial is not a river  ya ya ay
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:53:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 06:06:09 pm »
Okay , I give up.  What does a satellite photo of the Nile Delta have to do with murder rates in LA.....

yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 06:12:30 pm »

The first thing I thought of was Giza Dream sheets.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 06:23:30 pm »

Fish....You were born at night...but not last night!   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 06:25:33 pm »
A cook the books democrat mayor asserts....What ? ? ?  Are we supposed to believe what pathological liar democrats tell us ?  Why? :silly: :tongue2: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions