Author Topic: It's time for Trump to concede and move on: Washington Examiner, by Editorial  (Read 286 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's time for Trump to concede and move on
by Washington Examiner, |
 | November 20, 2020 04:15 PM

When President Trump refused to concede the election to Joe Biden in the immediate aftermath of Nov. 3, we argued that he had the right to mount legal challenges if he believed there had been irregularities, mistakes, fraud, or all three. Democratic objections and outrage were as hypocritical as they were inevitable, coming as they did from a corps that refused to accept the 2016 election result not for days, weeks, or even months, but for four years.

But although fair-minded people know there are legitimate procedures for litigation, and that these should be allowed to play out, there is also wisdom in the phrase “put up or shut up.” If you are going to mount legal challenges and allege on national television that there has been massive and systematic election fraud, you had better provide evidence in addition to assertion. Trump’s legal team has not done that.

When more than 150 million voters participate in an election in 50 states that, in our federal system, decide their own rules for balloting and vote counting, there are bound to be irregularities and mistakes, even if there isn’t fraud. And, contrary to what Democrats repeatedly say, there have been plenty of well-documented cases of fraud in elections over the years. Doubtless, there was some of it this year, too.

But not remotely enough to change the result. The vast spread of American democracy, which makes error and malfeasance inevitable, also makes it plain that neither of these regrettable concomitants of mass voting robbed Trump of victory. No fraud or error produced tens of thousands of additional votes for Biden in battleground states.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/its-time-for-trump-to-concede-and-move-on
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Nice. A steaming pile for breakfast.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

No thanks, I think I'll wait to see how the president's challenge turns out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"We don't know how the litigation is going to turn out, so the President must give up now before the cheating is uncovered."  I guess we know where the Examiner's bodies are buried.  They've been a disappointment for some time now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slide Rule

Yours is the best response. You evidently are a person of high intellect.

A second alternative.
Trump and BiteMe stand back to back.
Each take 10 to 20 paces forward.
Turn and fire.

If Trump wins all is settled, if BiteMe wins, the revolution starts.

Slide Rule
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline skeeter

Yours is the best response. You evidently are a person of high intellect.

A second alternative.
Trump and BiteMe stand back to back.
Each take 10 to 20 paces forward.
Turn and fire.

If Trump wins all is settled, if BiteMe wins, the revolution starts.

Slide Rule
yymouse

I'd prefer three five minute rounds in the Octagon. Winner shaves the losers head. And gets to be president.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
yymouse

I'd prefer three five minute rounds in the Octagon. Winner shaves the losers head. And gets to be president.

Don't forget...  Slow Joe took on Corn Pop....  He be one bad dude...   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

Adversity reveals character; one attribute being the grace to move on in life.
Yet this trait is non-existent for the narcissist, cheered on daily by devotees.
No matter, as Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia and Pennsylvania this morning,
have now turned out the lights on Trump and his posse of "lawyers"!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:14:47 am by Absalom »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

888high58888 @skeeter

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Adversity reveals character; one attribute being the grace to move on in life.Yet this trait is non-existent for the narcissist, cheered on daily by devotees.No matter, as Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia and Pennsylvania this morning, have now turned out the lights to Trump and his posse of "lawyers"!!!!!

:getwell:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:getwell:

LOL!  I knew there was a good use for that when I added it.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

So whoever wrote this was too much of a coward to attach their name to it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

I know that Trump faces the possibility that court and independent examiners and election officials may feel social pressure to bend towards democrats and accept the dominant culture’s fervent wish that Trump be gone; calm the natives, rescue inner cities from the expected violence, don’t rock the boat. I’m a realist and I’m prepared in that event.

But, I also have an expectation that right will win over wrong, that good will prevail. Maybe I’m a product of my generation or upbringing, but one should never lose hope of that. Otherwise, what is the point of our faith? As with our eternal faith, our faith in our constitution and country must have meaning. The fallen defenders of our constitution and our freedoms, our way of life, had to have died for something meaningful for reality to make sense.

Rant off